Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow , $4.49 for a breast at KFC. In Costco a whole roasted cooked chicken is still under $6.'
True, but still not an unreasonable price for (fast food) chicken take-out. (I've noticed that chicken is usually at a higher price point than burgers, in many fast food outlets.)

Prices vary by location (particularly state, & city versus town), due to franchisee's lease, taxes, etc.). I recall that the regular chicken sandwich at my local Burger King is $6.99.

Lilofan

True, but still not an unreasonable price for (fast food) chicken take-out. (I've noticed that chicken is usually at a higher price point than burgers, in many fast food outlets.)

Prices vary by location (particularly state, & city versus town), due to franchisee's lease, taxes, etc.). I recall that the regular chicken sandwich at my local Burger King is $6.99.
We still like to get our $$$ worth eating at Golden Corral shortly after 11am $11.50 per person , where the 100+ lunch items come out fresh including grilled, fried chicken and countless other items on the cold and hot line.. Even after a huge meal we still make room for the huge dessert bar with the chocolate lava flowing volcano to dip our strawberries in. At the end the server asks us if we want complimentary fresh coffee and we say yes.

Goofyernmost

🎶
When I was younger, freezing my butt,
many years ago.
We'd sit close to the fireside,
Sunday morning, shovel the drive.
Scraping the windshield, thawing the lines
Who could ask for more
I will be happy, I will adore it,
When it's sixty four.🎶

It is 64 degrees and yes I'm happy. Special thanks to Sir Paul McCartney for supplying the melody.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

We still like to get our $$$ worth eating at Golden Corral shortly after 11am $11.50 per person , where the 100+ lunch items come out fresh including grilled, fried chicken and countless other items on the cold and hot line.. Even after a huge meal we still make room for the huge dessert bar with the chocolate lava flowing volcano to dip our strawberries in. At the end the server asks us if we want complimentary fresh coffee and we say yes.
Enjoy it while you can, it doesn't look like they will be around much longer. Probably to many people playing the system. I currently live 3 miles from what was the headquarters of Golden Corral for 41 years. They moved out and are now leasing offices a few miles away. Even their showpiece restaurant, just a mile from the old headquarters did not survive the pandemic. It's now a retail store. (pOpshelf®) There are only two active locations here where it all started in an area with a population of 2 million.

Lilofan

Enjoy it while you can, it doesn't look like they will be around much longer. Probably to many people playing the system. I currently live 3 miles from what was the headquarters of Golden Corral for 41 years. They moved out and are now leasing offices a few miles away. Even their showpiece restaurant, just a mile from the old headquarters did not survive the pandemic. It's now a retail store. (pOpshelf®) There are only two active locations here where it all started in an area with a population of 2 million.
We've played the system too. Before , a number of diners ( I counted around 25 tables ) including us would pre pay the breakfast buffet price from 7-11am, show up at 1030am then wait at our tables for the staff to bring out the lunch items on the buffet line at 1045-11am then enjoy lunch and leftover breakfast items all in the buffet. We tip well to our server about 25% who makes a number of trips to our table.

trr1

NATIONAL FLORIDA DAY | January 25
NATIONAL OPPOSITE DAY - January 25

NATIONAL FUN AT WORK DAY | Last Friday in January
NATIONAL BIG WIG DAY | Last Friday in January
NATIONAL SPOUSES DAY - January 26

VIETNAM PEACE DAY - January 27
HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE DAY - January 27
NATIONAL SEED SWAP DAY | Last Saturday in January
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CAKE DAY - January 27
NATIONAL FRUITCAKE TOSS DAY (Changes Annually) - January 27, 2024

NATIONAL GIFT OF THE LADYBUG DAY - January 28
NATIONAL BLUEBERRY PANCAKE DAY - January 28
NATIONAL KAZOO DAY - January 28

NATIONAL BUBBLE WRAP DAY | Last Monday of January
NATIONAL CORN CHIP DAY - January 29
NATIONAL PUZZLE DAY - January 29

NATIONAL PLAN FOR VACATION DAY | Last Tuesday in January

NATIONAL HOT CHOCOLATE DAY - January 31
INSPIRE YOUR HEART WITH ART DAY - January 31
NATIONAL BACKWARD DAY - January 31

National February Month

NATIONAL CANCER PREVENTION MONTH - February
CHINESE NEW YEAR - Changes Annually
NATIONAL FASTING FEBRUARY
NATIONAL ENROLLED AGENTS MONTH - FEBRUARY
NATIONAL EMBROIDERY MONTH - February
NATIONAL WEDDINGS MONTH - February
NATIONAL HEART MONTH - February
NATIONAL HOT BREAKFAST MONTH - February
NATIONAL CHILDREN'S DENTAL HEALTH MONTH | February
NATIONAL CHERRY MONTH - February
NATIONAL BIRD FEEDING MONTH | February
NATIONAL BAKE FOR FAMILY FUN MONTH - February
GREAT AMERICAN PIES MONTH - February
NATIONAL SELF-CHECK MONTH | February
NATIONAL CANNED FOOD MONTH - February
NATIONAL BLACK HISTORY MONTH - February
AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER MONTH - February
TEEN DATING VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
AMERICAN HEART MONTH - FEBRUARY
NATIONAL GRAPEFRUIT MONTH - FEBRUARY
NATIONAL LIBRARY LOVER'S MONTH - February
FREE AND OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE MONTH | February
NATIONAL SNACK FOOD MONTH | February

National February Weeks
WORLD INTERFAITH HARMONY WEEK | First Week in February
NATIONAL INTEGRATED RESPIRATORY CARE WEEK | Week of April 7
DUCHENNE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY AWARENESS WEEK | February 13-18
CONGENITAL HEART DEFECT AWARENESS WEEK | February 7 - 14
NATIONAL FEEDING TUBE AWARENESS WEEK - First Full Week in February
INTERNATIONAL NETWORKING WEEK - First Week in February
BOY SCOUTS ANNIVERSARY WEEK - First Full Week in February
NATIONAL PATIENT RECOGNITION WEEK - First Week in February
NATIONAL SCHOOL COUNSELING WEEK - First Full School Week in February
NATIONAL BURN AWARENESS WEEK - First Full Week in February
HAVE A HEART FOR CHAINED DOGS WEEK - February 7-14
GREAT AMERICAN PIZZA BAKE - Second Week in February
ALZHEIMER'S AND DEMENTIA CARE EDUCATION WEEK - February 14-21
NATIONAL SECONDHAND WARDROBE WEEK - Second Full Week in February
PRIDE IN FOODSERVICE WEEK - First Week in February
TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO SCHOOL WEEK - Week of February 17
NATIONAL RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK - Week of February 17
NATIONAL INVASIVE SPECIES WEEK - Begins Last Monday in February
NATIONAL JELL-O WEEK - Second Full Week in February
NATIONAL FFA WEEK | Week of Washington's Birthday
NATIONAL EATING DISORDER AWARENESS WEEK - Begins Last Monday in February
NATIONAL KRAUT AND FRANKFURTER WEEK - Second Full Week in February
NATIONAL MARRIAGE WEEK - February 7

National February Days
NATIONAL DARK CHOCOLATE DAY - February 1
OPTIMIST DAY | First Thursday in February
NATIONAL TEXAS DAY - February 1
NATIONAL BAKED ALASKA DAY - February 1
NATIONAL SERPENT DAY - February 1
NATIONAL FREEDOM DAY - February 1

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We've played the system too. Before , a number of diners ( I counted around 25 tables ) including us would pre pay the breakfast buffet price from 7-11am, show up at 1030am then wait at our tables for the staff to bring out the lunch items on the buffet line at 1045-11am then enjoy lunch and leftover breakfast items all in the buffet. We tip well to our server about 25% who makes a number of trips to our table.
Never been to Golden Corral. There's only one in our state, and it's way over on the other side of the state.

FutureCEO

Raises hand whose never been. Never even seen one now that I think about it. Though I've been to Hometown Buffett.

Goofyernmost

Raises hand whose never been. Never even seen one now that I think about it. Though I've been to Hometown Buffett.
There aren't very many up north, especially in rural areas because a location that size requires a relatively large number of people in the area year round. Not seasonal. Below NYC is where I have seen them all. I haven't been everywhere though so there might be more around then I am aware of, I don't remember seeing any in New England ever, but I haven't lived up there for 13 years so things could have changed.

Lilofan

TX has 55 Golden Corral locations, FL has 46 and Orlando has 3. I enjoyed eating at the Kissimmee location numerous times when in town and visiting WDW. The Celebration GC is very popular with school and professional sports teams when in town for competitions.

PUSH

Original Poster
I just looked it up. There are several Golden Corrals in Wisconsin, but they are all multiple hours away. A handful up in the Oshkosh/Appleton/Green Bay area. One in Janesville. A couple in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area.

trr1

I just looked it up. There are several Golden Corrals in Wisconsin, but they are all multiple hours away. A handful up in the Oshkosh/Appleton/Green Bay area. One in Janesville. A couple in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area.
the closest one to where I live is 21 miles away. Now if you really want a buffet you should go here https://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord/

Lilofan

the closest one to where I live is 21 miles away. Now if you really want a buffet you should go here https://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord/
YouTubers have made videos on Shady Maple. It looks like a mouth watering buffet in Amish PA country. We ate at Yoders in Sarasota FL which has a small Amish community . It is not a buffet but the fried chicken and homemade pies for dessert are out of this world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom