Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

I have had all three Pfizer's and wear a mask in any public place. At this point those that think they are smarter than science can go ahead and die and although I will think it is to bad, I will not shed a tear. You cannot fix stupid. The part that I don't understand is that those that are whining about THEIR right to not get vaccinated or use a mask feel that it is ok that those the do find it the intelligent thing to do are harassed and bothered by the misguided FREEDOM fighters. I guess the only freedoms that count are whatever they consider to be the right ones.
That's pretty much the point I was making that the anti-vaxxers took issue with. I said that wearing a mask or getting vaccinated doesn't mean I'm giving up my freedom or my rights....the right is to CHOOSE. Making the choice to get vaccinated is still using my right to choose. It's not the right to get vaccinated or the right not to....it's the right to choose. Just like women have the CHOICE of whether they want to be stay at home wives/mothers, or have a career outside the home. Either one is a valid choice....some love staying home and some wouldn't want to. Freedom is about having the OPTION. And someone said that when you are told you can't do something if you don't get vaccinated, it doesn't feel like a choice. I said there are consequences for EVERY choice....I can choose to study for my test and the consequence might be a better grade, but it was still a choice. And there are all KINDS of things we aren't allowed to do without doing something else first...you can't drive a car unless you prove you know how by passing tests, you have to make it to a certain age before you can vote, smoke, drink. You can't go to college without the high school diploma or GED and then you have to go through the application process. You can't just say "I'm going to skip high school and go straight to Harvard. Our entire society revolves around the choices we make and dealing with the consequences of those choices. You have to consider the possible consequences before making a choice, and if you don't LIKE the consequences, then choose differently. Of COURSE we incentivise certain options....what do you think elections are? Candidates try to persuade you to choose them. Stores try to get you to buy certain products with sales or gimmicks. That's how it works....the options are presented, people try to persuade you that one option is better than the others, and you look at what your needs are against what the consequences are, and you make your choice based on what best fits with your criteria.

But I've noticed this with certain people, that they seem to think that freedom only applies to them, not to others. They take it personally that other people don't choose the same way they would. My mom was really bad about that. She told me, for example, that I couldn't choose a different church. SHE chose Missouri Synod Lutheran, and that's how she raised me, and that's what I was, whether I liked it or not, because the choice was made for me before I was born. And she believed that choosing anything different than she chose was rejecting her. If I had a conflict with someone and she told me how I should resolve it, if I didn't do it her way, she saw it as a rejection of her, because I was saying her way wasn't good enough for me. And I think it's that way for a lot of people, and people see their freedom as the right to tell other people what to do, not the freedom to choose for themselves. They don't want other people to choose, because if they choose something different, they don't feel validated.

Goofyernmost

That's pretty much the point I was making that the anti-vaxxers took issue with. I said that wearing a mask or getting vaccinated doesn't mean I'm giving up my freedom or my rights....the right is to CHOOSE. Making the choice to get vaccinated is still using my right to choose. It's not the right to get vaccinated or the right not to....it's the right to choose. Just like women have the CHOICE of whether they want to be stay at home wives/mothers, or have a career outside the home. Either one is a valid choice....some love staying home and some wouldn't want to. Freedom is about having the OPTION. And someone said that when you are told you can't do something if you don't get vaccinated, it doesn't feel like a choice. I said there are consequences for EVERY choice....I can choose to study for my test and the consequence might be a better grade, but it was still a choice. And there are all KINDS of things we aren't allowed to do without doing something else first...you can't drive a car unless you prove you know how by passing tests, you have to make it to a certain age before you can vote, smoke, drink. You can't go to college without the high school diploma or GED and then you have to go through the application process. You can't just say "I'm going to skip high school and go straight to Harvard. Our entire society revolves around the choices we make and dealing with the consequences of those choices. You have to consider the possible consequences before making a choice, and if you don't LIKE the consequences, then choose differently. Of COURSE we incentivise certain options....what do you think elections are? Candidates try to persuade you to choose them. Stores try to get you to buy certain products with sales or gimmicks. That's how it works....the options are presented, people try to persuade you that one option is better than the others, and you look at what your needs are against what the consequences are, and you make your choice based on what best fits with your criteria.

But I've noticed this with certain people, that they seem to think that freedom only applies to them, not to others. They take it personally that other people don't choose the same way they would. My mom was really bad about that. She told me, for example, that I couldn't choose a different church. SHE chose Missouri Synod Lutheran, and that's how she raised me, and that's what I was, whether I liked it or not, because the choice was made for me before I was born. And she believed that choosing anything different than she chose was rejecting her. If I had a conflict with someone and she told me how I should resolve it, if I didn't do it her way, she saw it as a rejection of her, because I was saying her way wasn't good enough for me. And I think it's that way for a lot of people, and people see their freedom as the right to tell other people what to do, not the freedom to choose for themselves. They don't want other people to choose, because if they choose something different, they don't feel validated.
Well, then it is up to us to correct them and eventually it will sink in. It may not be easy, but it cannot be allowed to continue forcing us into being bullied by the ignorant. Unfortunately, the only people they are listening to at this point are just speaking for the sake of ratings. Those otherwise good people are being forced by educated power seekers that are controlling them because of a previous Pied Piper influence. There needs to be a strong voice on the other side to repeat the messages until it get through. It isn't going to happen right away, but we also have to have the government doing what it needs to do to get everyone to realize the consequences for their actions. I never had an issue with the uneducated because I always thought that the stood by a strong moral influence and connection to family. I no longer believe that!

Songbird76

Well, then it is up to us to correct them and eventually it will sink in. It may not be easy, but it cannot be allowed to continue forcing us into being bullied by the ignorant. Unfortunately, the only people they are listening to at this point are just speaking for the sake of ratings. Those otherwise good people are being forced by educated power seekers that are controlling them because of a previous Pied Piper influence. There needs to be a strong voice on the other side to repeat the messages until it get through. It isn't going to happen right away, but we also have to have the government doing what it needs to do to get everyone to realize the consequences for their actions. I never had an issue with the uneducated because I always thought that the stood by a strong moral influence and connection to family. I no longer believe that!
I do have to wonder what my mom would have been like had she lived to see this pandemic. She died back in 2001, but I just have to wonder what her response to face masks would have been. She was always a very controlling person, and though we were poor and could have easily qualified for government assisstance, she would never apply because she didn't want to be "wrapped up in government red tape". She didn't want anyone telling her what to do or how to do it....that was her job. And she'd get angry when people didn't cater to her.
She went for a weekend away with her friends to South Dakota. We had made friends with a hotel owner in Hill City and they gave us steep discounts in exchange for mom helping out cleaning rooms while we were there. So she and her friends went and stayed there, and played cards and visited a few sites and just had fun. But she got really upset when it came to meal time because she was used to eating at 5:00p.m. and no one else was hungry yet at 5 because they were all used to eating later, and they weren't always done with whatever they were doing right at 5, so they wanted a bit more flexibility and mom thought it was just SO rude that they didn't eat at 5 because she's a diabetic! I'm sure they could have compromised, and she could have packed snacks to tide her over until everyone was ready for dinner, but she felt they should just build their schedule around her eating habits. I mean, how dare they not be hungry when she is! The audacity!

Same thing with smoking....she was a smoker, and we went out to eat with my ex-boyfriend's parents on parents weekend at college and she was the only one in the party who smoked. My boyfriend at the time would get nosebleeds from cigarette smoke, and let's be honest, it smells really bad! When we got to the restaurant, the host asked us if we wanted to sit in smoking or non, and they said non. Mom was LIVID that they had the audacity to say non when she's a smoker. How dare they not take her smoking into consideration! I was like...um....you're not taking ANYONE else into consideration....you're the ONLY one who smokes, and you can go outside. We can't avoid smoke if you're blowing it in our faces! She actually got mad at me once when I was a teenager because she blew smoke right in my face and I was so rude as to use my hand to wave it away. She says "That's so rude!" And it's NOT rude to blow smoke in my face?

I'm thinking she'd have a really hard time with face masks and quarantines, etc.

trr1

BOB JACKSON

Returning to Port Orleans!

I've been invited back to Port Orleans Riverside! Opening night will be Thursday, October 14. I'll play Thursday and Friday, but off on Saturday that week due to a prior commitment. The details are still a little fuzzy, but the show should start at 8:30 as in the past. It will be great to be back on stage! I'll post more details as they become available.

PUSH

Original Poster

BOB JACKSON

Returning to Port Orleans!

I've been invited back to Port Orleans Riverside! Opening night will be Thursday, October 14. I'll play Thursday and Friday, but off on Saturday that week due to a prior commitment. The details are still a little fuzzy, but the show should start at 8:30 as in the past. It will be great to be back on stage! I'll post more details as they become available.
I am so happy Riverside is open again. That's my home away from home. I love it. I've never sat down to watch Bob live, but I've seen him multiple times in passing. I did watch Cory Meets World's livestream of his first show since returning. At least until his first break. Then I had to go to bed.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's conference week at school. They are virtual this time, and my first one didn't show. Take a guess why...

His mom was in labor.

Conferences for me this week too. Parents have a choice of Zoom, phone call, or in person. My first one didn’t show up either but that is because she went to Google Meets instead of Zoom.

otherwise the first round went fine and Thursday is our second round. So far the people that have signed up for Thursday are all in person conferences.

PUSH

Original Poster
Conferences for me this week too. Parents have a choice of Zoom, phone call, or in person. My first one didn’t show up either but that is because she went to Google Meets instead of Zoom.

otherwise the first round went fine and Thursday is our second round. So far the people that have signed up for Thursday are all in person conferences.
Since our conferences are all virtual this time, we are allowed to schedule them whenever we want this week. My principal cancelled all of our meetings during planning time, along with our PD time we have on Wednesday so we could schedule conferences during the day. Neither of my two previous principals would do that because that was "during our contracted time" and conferences were supposed to be extra time. My current principal says we can do whatever works for us and our families. I really like our new principal. She gets it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom