Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I just lost about 10 years off my life after watching what might have been the drunkest NFL game I've ever seen. If you are not aware of what happened, here's a rundown of the last two minutes of regulation, followed by overtime.

1633898217898.png

Three missed field goals with 1:15 to go before overtime. An interception on the first play of overtime that left us in fantastic field position to win the game. Followed by a missed FG. Then the Bengals marched down the field and missed a FG. And then we won on a FG. Our kicker missed three FGs and an extra point in this game, after having made a career-long 27 consecutive field goals.

You can't write this stuff.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Pictures didn’t happen, my plate looked kind of sad, but trust me it was all good. I saved up all of my carbs for the day so I could have a small scoop of apple and sausage stuffing.

That being said, I told Mike I want ham for Christmas. He said okay.

We’re having an outdoor bbq at my brother’s tomorrow, and then I have to fast on Tuesday. Doubt I’ll be eating that much Wednesday either, so fingers crossed there are some leftovers for me on Thursday.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Pictures didn’t happen, my plate looked kind of sad, but trust me it was all good. I saved up all of my carbs for the day so I could have a small scoop of apple and sausage stuffing.

That being said, I told Mike I want ham for Christmas. He said okay.

We’re having an outdoor bbq at my brother’s tomorrow, and then I have to fast on Tuesday. Doubt I’ll be eating that much Wednesday either, so fingers crossed there are some leftovers for me on Thursday.
Ham is a good choice for Christmas, because you just put it in the oven and it cooks without any extra steps. I recall my mother always picking something relatively easy for the holiday, as she didn't want to get stuck in the kitchen, when there were so many other fun things to do with the family that day. She usually would cook a roast beef dinner.

trr1

Ham is a good choice for Christmas, because you just put it in the oven and it cooks without any extra steps. I recall my mother always picking something relatively easy for the holiday, as she didn't want to get stuck in the kitchen, when there were so many other fun things to do with the family that day. She usually would cook a roast beef dinner.
this is easier
1633982449501.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ham and turkey are overrated for the holidays. Why can't we get burgers, tacos, pizza, or a pasta bar?

You think I'm joking...

For the last couple years at Christmas my side of the family has done some "non-traditional" meals. One year we did appetizers, then another was lasagna & ravioli, and the last two years were tacos and enchiladas. This year we are going back to ravioli. I like the idea of a pizza or pasta bar though.

PUSH

Original Poster
For the last couple years at Christmas my side of the family has done some "non-traditional" meals. One year we did appetizers, then another was lasagna & ravioli, and the last two years were tacos and enchiladas. This year we are going back to ravioli. I like the idea of a pizza or pasta bar though.
Appetizers sounds fun. And it's easy because everyone can bring one or two dishes to share.

PUSH

Original Poster
We did steak and baked potatoes one Christmas. It was fantastic!
We always do dry ham or dry turkey that gets cold as soon as you put it on the plate. At least with my dad's side. I think that's where I got turned off of the idea of ham and turkey. Nobody on my dad's side can cook. They think they can, but it's all extremely dry and bland and tastes like mush.

On my mom's side we've varied it every now and then. We usually have a variety of hors d'oeuvres and a main dish like ham. I typically fill up on the hors d'oeuvres.

PUSH

Original Poster
This is a different topic, but I've watched Harmonious and Enchantment a couple times each on different streams now. My thoughts on Harmonious are a little more positive, but I still think it's a pretty sad excuse for an Illuminations replacement. I would take Epcot Forever over it, too.

Enchantment just lacks so much. There are small snippets that I love, like when they bring Peter Pan music in. That's one thing that was missing in HEA was classic Disney music. But the new songs they chose aren't iconic/epic/meaningful enough to feature. I can hardly name most of them. I do like the transition into "Into the Unknown", but then they stay with that song for way too long. I feel like that happens a few times. I believe it's "Almost There" they open up with, and they linger on that for much too long, too. I don't feel like there's a story or progression to the show. The theme song is not nearly as good as HEA's. So in summary, I would have liked a few parts from Enchantment added to HEA, like the classic songs, but strongly prefer HEA to it.

A ranking of my favorite shows that I've seen in person, or on stream enough to have an opinion:

1. Illuminations
T-2. Wishes
T-2. Happily Ever After
4. Epcot Forever
5. Harmonious
6 Enchantment

Overall, I've felt like they've underwhelmed for the 50th celebration thus far. I know the pandemic hindered some of the plans, but the two big firework shows seem to be relative flops, and outside of that is there really much to write home about? Honestly, the most impressive thing is SSE's lights and light show that lasts 3 minutes. And that's honestly not a good thing if that's your highlight. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I feel less than satisfied.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This is a different topic, but I've watched Harmonious and Enchantment a couple times each on different streams now. My thoughts on Harmonious are a little more positive, but I still think it's a pretty sad excuse for an Illuminations replacement. I would take Epcot Forever over it, too.

Enchantment just lacks so much. There are small snippets that I love, like when they bring Peter Pan music in. That's one thing that was missing in HEA was classic Disney music. But the new songs they chose aren't iconic/epic/meaningful enough to feature. I can hardly name most of them. I do like the transition into "Into the Unknown", but then they stay with that song for way too long. I feel like that happens a few times. I believe it's "Almost There" they open up with, and they linger on that for much too long, too. I don't feel like there's a story or progression to the show. The theme song is not nearly as good as HEA's. So in summary, I would have liked a few parts from Enchantment added to HEA, like the classic songs, but strongly prefer HEA to it.

A ranking of my favorite shows that I've seen in person, or on stream enough to have an opinion:

1. Illuminations
T-2. Wishes
T-2. Happily Ever After
4. Epcot Forever
5. Harmonious
6 Enchantment

Overall, I've felt like they've underwhelmed for the 50th celebration thus far. I know the pandemic hindered some of the plans, but the two big firework shows seem to be relative flops, and outside of that is there really much to write home about? Honestly, the most impressive thing is SSE's lights and light show that lasts 3 minutes. And that's honestly not a good thing if that's your highlight. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I feel less than satisfied.
I’m going to go:
1 - HEA
T2 - Wishes
T2 - illuminations
Distant 4 - Enchantment
5 - Harmonius
6 - Epcot Forever

PUSH

Original Poster
I’m going to go:
1 - HEA
T2 - Wishes
T2 - illuminations
Distant 4 - Enchantment
5 - Harmonius
6 - Epcot Forever
Music is a big one for me. The music is probably my #1 factor in my rankings. You can't beat Illuminations in that category. It's also why I have Epcot Forever relatively high. Epcot attraction music was fantastic.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would rank them...
1. 1988-89 Illuminations
2. HEA
3. Epcot Forever
4. Rivers of Light (I liked the music and the floats)
5. Wishes
6. Illuminations ROE
7. Wishes---Christmas party ones
8. Fantasy in the Sky (original & 4th of July)
9. (tie) Harmonious & Enchantment
10. Boo to you Fireworks

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I would rank them...
1. 1988-89 Illuminations
2. HEA
3. Epcot Forever
5. Wishes
6. Illuminations ROE
10. Boo to you Fireworks
And now I’m singing … to you and you and you.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would rank them...
1. 1988-89 Illuminations
2. HEA
3. Epcot Forever
5. Wishes
6. Illuminations ROE
10. Boo to you Fireworks

I'm quoting myself because I just discussed this with my husband and he reminded me of a couple other shows. So here is the revised list.
1. 1988-89 Illuminations
2. HEA
3. Epcot Forever
4. (tie) Rivers of Light and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam
5. Wishes
6. Illuminations ROE
7. Wishes Christmas Party
9. (tie Harmonious & Enchantment)
10. Star Wars fireworks
11. Boo to You fireworks.

If I think about favorite shows of all time for Disney Parks.
1. 1988-89 Illuminations
2. HEA
3. Epcot Forever
4. Remember Dreams Come True (Disneyland)
5. World of Color (DCA)
6. Mickey's Mix Magic (Disneyland)
7. Disney Dreams (Disneyland Paris)
8. Believe in Holiday Magic (Disneyland) & Christmas Wishes
9. Wishes
10. Illuminations ROE

trr1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom