Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My brother and SIL hosted Thanksgiving - Part 2 last night. Outdoors, because they’re all unvaccinated.

It was high 70’s and a gorgeous evening. The food was great, and it was so nice to see everyone.
I have never in my life seen a "table" with a long grill down the middle?! :jawdrop:

Glad your grilled dinner was delicious. :hungry:

(P.S.: Hope your rellies get the vacccine very soon.)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I have never in my life seen a "table" with a long grill down the middle?! :jawdrop:

It was a custom made hibachi table. My son could fabricate one easily, in the same welding shop where that one was made.

As to my brothers and their families getting vaccinated … ain’t happening anytime soon. They are all anti-vaxxers. Sadly, there goes another family Christmas. 🙁

Goofyernmost

I just remembered that is Cananada, eh! The table didn't surprise me because they were using it, it surprised me that it existed. There are people there that don't get a vaccine against this crap. I thought we had the only brain dead population.

Goofyernmost

It’s caused a lot of family friction.
Yea, I have a close family member that is stuck in the same foolishness and nothing can be said to change their minds. I still see them because for one thing they don't go out much, so their exposure is limited and I have been triple vaccinated so I am not worried for myself, and I cannot control them so they have basically isolated themselves from other family because of it. We still do things, but only for very brief periods of time and if all the rest of us are vaccinated. Those of us that get together a lot are vaccinated, go to restaurants, and have meals together but they are excluded. That is their choice and to be honest I think they want it that way. I feel that there is no reason for the rest of the family to have to be isolated because they chose to ignore advice and science. They want to be different, then the consequence is isolation.

I am going to a "Rain" concert this coming Saturday. They wanted to go to but cannot because they have not been vaccinated so I am going with someone that is. The entire audience had to be vaccinated (at least two) or have a very recent negative Covid test and a mask is required. That's hundreds of people in one gigantic room. We'll see how that works out, but this location has been holding concerts for a few months now with no known problems.

NOTE: I just looked up the seating situation because the last time I went to one of the Rain concert held there it was packed to the rafters. Looking at the still available seats it looks like about only half the auditorium is empty. That is still a lot of people but, such is life with Covid. Anyway, we have an entire row to ourselves side, front and back. Part of the problem is that this a a Beatle cover band and most of us high level Beatle Fans are pretty long in the tooth now and prime, virus is gonna kill you age. Or maybe it already got them.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Yea, I have a close family member that is stuck in the same foolishness and nothing can be said to change their minds. I still see them because for one thing they don't go out much, so their exposure is limited and I have been triple vaccinated so I am not worried for myself, and I cannot control them so they have basically isolated themselves from other family because of it. We still do things, but only for very brief periods of time and if all the rest of us are vaccinated. Those of us that get together a lot are vaccinated, go to restaurants, and have meals together but they are excluded. That is their choice and to be honest I think they want it that way. I feel that there is no reason for the rest of the family to have to be isolated because they chose to ignore advice and science. They want to be different, then the consequence is isolation.

I am going to a "Rain" concert this coming Saturday. They wanted to go to but cannot because they have not been vaccinated so I am going with someone that is. The entire audience had to be vaccinated (at least two) and a mask is required. That's hundreds of people in one gigantic room. We'll see how that works out, but this location has been holding concerts for a few months now with no known problems.

NOTE: I just looked up the seating situation because the last time I went to one of the Rain concert held there it was packed to the rafters. Looking at the still available seats it looks like about only half the auditorium is empty. That is still a lot of people but, such is life with Covid. Anyway, we have an entire row to ourselves side, front and back. Part of the problem is that this a a Beatle cover band and most of us high level Beatle Fans are pretty long in the tooth now and prime, virus is gonna kill you age. Or maybe it already got them.
Out of curiosity, what are the protocols there for going out to eat, going to the movies, etc? Can everyone get in anywhere, or do you have to have proof of vaccination or a negative test, etc? Over here, we have an app with our vaccination/testing info on it. If you go to a restaurant, they have to scan your QR code to make sure you are safe to let in. There's a bunch of controversy here because anti-vaxxers think it's discriminatory that they can't fully participate in social life. I had this discussion with some people I know just a week or so ago, that that's not true....you don't have to be vaccinated. You can get tested. As long as you have a negative test within 24 hours of whatever you want to do, you're fine. And it's your choice that you don't want to get vaccinated...no one is forcing you. That's part of the decision making process....what are the consequences and am I willing to pay the price for my decision? If you choose not to get vaccinated, you know you are going to miss out on some things...that's part of the choice. Just like having a sore arm and feeling a bit cruddy for a day or two is a consequence of me getting vaccinated. That is the price I am willing to pay to be able to participate in society and feel safe. And if someplace is too crowded, I might make the decision not to go there. But I have to take those things into account when I make my decision. Every action has a consequence....some consequences are good, some not so much. If I choose to study for a test, the consequence is a better grade. I can choose NOT to study, but then I have to accept that my grade will likely reflect that. I think the biggest thing is people don't want to take personal responsibility for their choices....they want all the benefits without the responsibilities that come with it. At least here. I can't speak for there, but that's what the issue seems to be with the people I've talked to.

Goofyernmost

Out of curiosity, what are the protocols there for going out to eat, going to the movies, etc? Can everyone get in anywhere, or do you have to have proof of vaccination or a negative test, etc? Over here, we have an app with our vaccination/testing info on it. If you go to a restaurant, they have to scan your QR code to make sure you are safe to let in. There's a bunch of controversy here because anti-vaxxers think it's discriminatory that they can't fully participate in social life. I had this discussion with some people I know just a week or so ago, that that's not true....you don't have to be vaccinated. You can get tested. As long as you have a negative test within 24 hours of whatever you want to do, you're fine. And it's your choice that you don't want to get vaccinated...no one is forcing you. That's part of the decision making process....what are the consequences and am I willing to pay the price for my decision? If you choose not to get vaccinated, you know you are going to miss out on some things...that's part of the choice. Just like having a sore arm and feeling a bit cruddy for a day or two is a consequence of me getting vaccinated. That is the price I am willing to pay to be able to participate in society and feel safe. And if someplace is too crowded, I might make the decision not to go there. But I have to take those things into account when I make my decision. Every action has a consequence....some consequences are good, some not so much. If I choose to study for a test, the consequence is a better grade. I can choose NOT to study, but then I have to accept that my grade will likely reflect that. I think the biggest thing is people don't want to take personal responsibility for their choices....they want all the benefits without the responsibilities that come with it. At least here. I can't speak for there, but that's what the issue seems to be with the people I've talked to.

Dining out is mask in, once seated you may take it off because they are going to immediately serve you a beverage. So on the way in and on the way out. I haven't seen to much different about distancing, because most of the tables or booths are at least 6 ft. apart anyway.

Movies I'm not sure about. Haven't been to one.

Concerts... Outdoors in clumps usually suggest masking.
Inside.. I am going to a "Rain" concert this coming Saturday. Proof of 2 vaccinations (Covid) or a very recent negative test for Covid and a mask during the show. It's just regular theater type seating.

Anti-vax people are the same everywhere. They're whiny, scared little people who's logic button is broken and think that they can just wish something like this away and since at this very moment they don't have the virus they are some superhuman specimens that are stronger than the virus. And I will be willing to bet that the foolish people here far outnumber those where you are. Companies here are starting to realize that they don't have anyone to help make them rich when they are sick and dying.

trr1

October 15
October 16

October 17
October 18
October 19
October 20
October 21

INTERNATIONAL DAYS

October 15

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 19

October 20

October 21

NYwdwfan

Dining out is mask in, once seated you may take it off because they are going to immediately serve you a beverage. So on the way in and on the way out. I haven't seen to much different about distancing, because most of the tables or booths are at least 6 ft. apart anyway.

Movies I'm not sure about. Haven't been to one.

Concerts... Outdoors in clumps usually suggest masking.
Inside.. I am going to a "Rain" concert this coming Saturday. Proof of 2 vaccinations (Covid) or a very recent negative test for Covid and a mask during the show. It's just regular theater type seating.

Anti-vax people are the same everywhere. They're whiny, scared little people who's logic button is broken and think that they can just wish something like this away and since at this very moment they don't have the virus they are some superhuman specimens that are stronger than the virus. And I will be willing to bet that the foolish people here far outnumber those where you are. Companies here are starting to realize that they don't have anyone to help make them rich when they are sick and dying.
Where I live if you are vaccinated you only need to wear a mask in schools and medical offices. There are no exceptions there. I don’t really ever wear one anymore. If I were to go into the city it’s different. There is proof of vaccination to do basically anything indoors.

PUSH

Original Poster
Where I live if you are vaccinated you only need to wear a mask in schools and medical offices. There are no exceptions there. I don’t really ever wear one anymore. If I were to go into the city it’s different. There is proof of vaccination to do basically anything indoors.
Where I live it's pretty much free range. Some schools require them, others don't. Businesses recommend them, but it's not mandated or enforced. Nothing around here requires your proof of vaccination.

I pretty much wear one wherever I go, but that's because most of my day is spent at school where I have to wear one. That's not a complaint. I'm happy that we're requiring them. I'm hoping children can start getting vaccinated in the next month.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Here, it’s all masks all the time. Must be fully vaccinated to attend concerts, sports games, restaurants, movie theatres, and gyms. Not vaccinated, your restaurant choices are limited to pick up or delivery only.

Unvaccinated and don’t like it? Tough muffies.

And don’t blame the vaccinated for your loss of liberty; blame the virus. I’m losing FB friends over my views. C’est la vie.

Songbird76

They are going to review the QR code policy in November. So many people are complaining. Right now, you can sit outside on a terrace without proof of vaccination or negative test, but as it gets colder and outside terraces will be closed and inside is the only option, people feel they are being discriminated against if they can't get in. But really, it's only discrimination if vaccination is not available to everyone, which it is, and if there was no alternative for those who don't want to get vaccinated, which there is. Choosing not to get it is choosing not to participate in society. They could just go get tested to prove they don't have Covid instead of getting vaccinated. But apparently a lot of the anti-vaxxers are also anti- test. One of my daughter's friends isn't allowed to get vaccinated or tested because her father thinks that testing releases nanoparticles into the brain that change your DNA or something? And he thinks the vaccination is like a microchip so they can control you? I don't know....I'm not sure I understand it. But the guy also thinks lighting a single candle in your house will suck out all the oxygen and you will be asphyxiated if you don't keep windows open. So he's not exactly a stellar speciman of human intelligence. The kicker is his ex-wife (the girl's mother) works for the health department. The father doesn't know the girl has actually been tested before, though her mom hasn't been able to convince her to get vaccinated. The girl tried to tell E that wearing a mask will make you sick because you will breathe in the carbon dyoxide that you exhale. She works at McDonalds now, and they require their employees to wear masks, though they aren't mandated anywhere anymore in public places. Her dad made her promise that she'd wear the mask under her nose, and now she keeps getting in trouble for not wearing it properly.
I wear a mask at the grocery store every day, though it hasn't been mandated for months, and one of the workers told me yesterday "Ma'am, you don't have to wear a mask anymore." I just said "I know." and walked away.

Goofyernmost

I have had all three Pfizer's and wear a mask in any public place. At this point those that think they are smarter than science can go ahead and die and although I will think it is to bad, I will not shed a tear. You cannot fix stupid. The part that I don't understand is that those that are whining about THEIR right to not get vaccinated or use a mask feel that it is ok that those the do find it the intelligent thing to do are harassed and bothered by the misguided FREEDOM fighters. I guess the only freedoms that count are whatever they consider to be the right ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom