Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

Fun, but I'm not sure how they gather their data. Supposedly, per the article, my state favors the Labradoodle; but to be honest with you, I have rarely ever seen one. Don't know anyone who owns one either. I do see lots of (traditional) Labradors, golden retrievers, and all kinds of various mutts. I can only go by what I've seen, and most days I'm out walking the nature trails where many people walk their dogs. 🤷‍♀️ (And for the record, my dog is a mix of Chow and lab.)
Yeah, Wyoming's was Rottweiler and I only ever saw one because my friend's family had one. I saw a lot more collies because it's a large ranching community and collies are great ranch dogs. I also saw a lot of golden retrievers.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS , how is your aunt doing these days? I hope she is well.
Very well so far. Like everywhere, our numbers have been climbing exponentially since the end of summer, so she made the decision to stop going to church and doing her own grocery shopping about 6-8 weeks ago.

I’m back to dropping her groceries off on the kitchen counter and leaving immediately.

She has Netflix, Disney+, more telephone calls daily than she can handle, and a little lap dog for company. Her son (who doesn’t drive) lives in the apartment downstairs, so she’s not physically isolated.

In short, so far so good. She needs her oxygen about 15 hours/day, but that’s a result of her lung disease; not flu, or pneumonia, or COVID.

Thank you for asking. 🙂

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Very well so far. Like everywhere, our numbers have been climbing exponentially since the end of summer, so she made the decision to stop going to church and doing her own grocery shopping about 6-8 weeks ago.

I’m back to dropping her groceries off on the kitchen counter and leaving immediately.

She has Netflix, Disney+, more telephone calls daily than she can handle, and a little lap dog for company. Her son (who doesn’t drive) lives in the apartment downstairs, so she’s not physically isolated.

In short, so far so good. She needs her oxygen about 15 hours/day, but that’s a result of her lung disease; not flu, or pneumonia, or COVID.

Thank you for asking. 🙂

Very happy to hear that! ❤️

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@PUSH , how do your little school kids do with Zoom? I don't know anyone with very young kids, and I was just wondering how well they are learning, at that age. (Most schools around here are either somewhat hybrid, or many are now strictly virtual.) For some reason, I was thinking back to when I was about 5-6, and how much I liked kindergarten and 1st grade, all in-person, of course, back then. (P.S.: From 2nd grade on, I didn't care for school, but those first 2 years, I enjoyed.) :)

PUSH

Original Poster
@PUSH , how do your little school kids do with Zoom? I don't know anyone with very young kids, and I was just wondering how well they are learning, at that age. (Most schools around here are either somewhat hybrid, or many are now strictly virtual.) For some reason, I was thinking back to when I was about 5-6, and how much I liked kindergarten and 1st grade, all in-person, of course, back then. (P.S.: From 2nd grade on, I didn't care for school, but those first 2 years, I enjoyed.) :)
We are fully in person, and have been for most of the year. We did a month of virtual learning in November, and that went better than expected. I only expected students to be on live for a combined time of about 1.5 hours each day. Everything else was on their own. Of course, there were a few kids who only did what we did live, and nothing else. Some never did anything. But there are actually some things from virtual learning that I want to take into next year, assuming things are back to normal. For example, I did all my teaching in small groups when virtual, and I'd love to teach math in small groups next year. I've also learned how to incorporate Chromebooks into everyday learning, which is great.

Each grade level has one fully virtual class, and those classes are going pretty well from what I'm hearing. Good participation, learning a lot, etc. But those families chose to be virtual. The ones who didn't do anything back in November did not choose to be virtual for me. Not an excuse, but it's a different mentality.

PUSH

Original Poster
Did anyone else see the rooms for the Star Wars hotel? Hard pass. I get it looks like Star Wars, which is cool, but I would not want to spend my night there. They look cold and unwelcoming. And no natural light. Not how I want to spend my vacation.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Did anyone else see the rooms for the Star Wars hotel? Hard pass. I get it looks like Star Wars, which is cool, but I would not want to spend my night there. They look cold and unwelcoming. And no natural light. Not how I want to spend my vacation.
Pass on the rooms. Pass on the LARP. Pass on the price. Good thing I’m not their target audience.

SteveBrickNJ

Tonight I removed the radio antenna from my daughter's 2003 VW Beetle. I did that because she is now at college and tomorrow I plan to put a car cover/tarp on her car.
Here's my concern for anyone to comment on....
I now notice a red flashing light in her cabin that I didn't notice in the past.
I assume this is the anti theft system that maybe was triggered by my removing her radio antenna.
Should I be concerned?
Can I put the cover on tomorrow in spite of this red flashing and then next week when my wife wants to drive it the car will start?
(We plan for my wife to drive it one day each week to keep the battery charged.)
All thoughts on this matter are appreciated.
Thanks!
Steve

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Tonight I removed the radio antenna from my daughter's 2003 VW Beetle. I did that because she is now at college and tomorrow I plan to put a car cover/tarp on her car.
Here's my concern for anyone to comment on....
I now notice a red flashing light in her cabin that I didn't notice in the past.
I assume this is the anti theft system that maybe was triggered by my removing her radio antenna.
Should I be concerned?
Can I put the cover on tomorrow in spite of this red flashing and then next week when my wife wants to drive it the car will start?
(We plan for my wife to drive it one day each week to keep the battery charged.)
All thoughts on this matter are appreciated.
Thanks!
Steve
Google says “low coolant”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Songbird76

We are fully in person, and have been for most of the year. We did a month of virtual learning in November, and that went better than expected. I only expected students to be on live for a combined time of about 1.5 hours each day. Everything else was on their own. Of course, there were a few kids who only did what we did live, and nothing else. Some never did anything. But there are actually some things from virtual learning that I want to take into next year, assuming things are back to normal. For example, I did all my teaching in small groups when virtual, and I'd love to teach math in small groups next year. I've also learned how to incorporate Chromebooks into everyday learning, which is great.

Each grade level has one fully virtual class, and those classes are going pretty well from what I'm hearing. Good participation, learning a lot, etc. But those families chose to be virtual. The ones who didn't do anything back in November did not choose to be virtual for me. Not an excuse, but it's a different mentality.
When you say you worked in small groups, how did you do that? Did you divide them up by level or was it a random sample of kids in each group? I remember when I was in elementary school, we were always split up by level. There were several small groups for reading, and one of them was advanced and one was kids who struggled, and then there were a couple for the average, I think. It gave the teacher the time to spend with the kids who needed more because the advanced kids didn't need it and they could move ahead and weren't held back by the others.

Songbird76

The beds looked so tiny....would anyone be able to actually lie down in one??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom