Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

Is Disney still planning to reopen in 2 weeks? Looking at their new cases, they are getting more cases each day than when they closed! By quite a large margin, too! I'm just wondering how they are going to do this. And they had mandated that anyone from certain hotspot states had to quarantine before vacationing in Florida, but now Florida is the hotspot.

Doodlelicious

Is Disney still planning to reopen in 2 weeks? Looking at their new cases, they are getting more cases each day than when they closed! By quite a large margin, too! I'm just wondering how they are going to do this. And they had mandated that anyone from certain hotspot states had to quarantine before vacationing in Florida, but now Florida is the hotspot.
If Disney is going to keep this a guest and cast members safety first priority then delaying the process should be the #1 agenda. I imagine it would screw up many guests who have plans to visit in that first week, but I still think the main issue is the safety of the guest and the cast members right now. We shall see I guess in the next several days if Disney pushes this whole re-opening back a bit.

Songbird76

If Disney is going to keep this a guest and cast members safety first priority then delaying the process should be the #1 agenda. I imagine it would screw up many guests who have plans to visit in that first week, but I still think the main issue is the safety of the guest and the cast members right now. We shall see I guess in the next several days if Disney pushes this whole re-opening back a bit.
Well, I'm just kind of boggled about it because according to the stats, when Disney closed, Florida had about 1000-1500 new cases a day and that seemed to be the case all the way into June. But just this last week, the LOWEST number in one day is around 5000, and the highest was nearly twice that....in one day! So if they closed over 1000 cases a day, I'm just surprised they are still planning to reopen with 5-8 times that, you know? I just keep thinking they'll make an announcement that they are postponing, and then they don't. Every day that they hold out will make it harder for those people to reschedule if they finally end up making the decision not to open. So are they going to reopen no matter what the numbers are? Or are they going to wait until the last second to make the decision and then have to scramble to rebook everyone again?

Doodlelicious

Well, I'm just kind of boggled about it because according to the stats, when Disney closed, Florida had about 1000-1500 new cases a day and that seemed to be the case all the way into June. But just this last week, the LOWEST number in one day is around 5000, and the highest was nearly twice that....in one day! So if they closed over 1000 cases a day, I'm just surprised they are still planning to reopen with 5-8 times that, you know? I just keep thinking they'll make an announcement that they are postponing, and then they don't. Every day that they hold out will make it harder for those people to reschedule if they finally end up making the decision not to open. So are they going to reopen no matter what the numbers are? Or are they going to wait until the last second to make the decision and then have to scramble to rebook everyone again?
You are 100% correct. They need to make an announcement one way or the other(hopefully to close or delay to reopening) now. It will not be fair at all to those guests who have all the plans for the first week or so vacation and "POOF" it's gone. Some of these guests I imagine are traveling by air which at the last minute you are totally screwed. It doesn't make much sense at all. Many States including the one I live in(New Jersey) have been tightening up restrictions once again. Here in New Jersey we were to have on July 2nd limited indoor dining and that went out the window after rising cases mostly in Southern New Jersey where I am from and from idiots that do not want to follow the directions and where masks in crowded areas like beach area bars so our Governor pulled things back. Texas also did something similar because the cases spiked extremely high. I cannot see how Florida and Disney are not going to follow suit here.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I went to see my doctor today. She’s a fellow Disney fan, and a recent DVC purchaser.

As soon as she walked into the examining room, I pointed to the Walt quote stencil on the wall and told her that we’d just cancelled our trip. She’s supposed to be going in November, but won’t be able to if the 2-week quarantine upon return is still in effect.

She mentioned that I seem okay with things, and I spouted my usual “it is what it is”. Apparently I’m doing better than she is today, because she’s “sick of what it is”.

Just a reminder, friends, we’re all handling this differently, and even how we feel day to day can vary.

Be kind. Be supportive. Be less judgemental.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I'll second this request. Hopefully it will be merciful as it comes in & sits down, and not respond to this plea with...
We haven’t done one of these in a while ....

I got
187FCFE3-6F7A-4921-9F85-5E28E1854F3E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom