Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Those are the sprinkles!

If you look at the weather radar of Long Island the entire thing will be green/yellow/red except where I live - nothing. It’s like the weather knows I fixed my sprinklers and thinks I want to use them!

Somewhat related, but I remember my father always had an odd experience with rain. Whenever he'd take his car to the car wash (it was one of those drive-through, automatic cleaning places/spiffy wax jobs, overpriced, etc.), it would invariably rain on his clean, shiny car within 24 hours! :p

Songbird76

To me the new castle looks like something I could make from a large box of Legos. They did not deliver what they said they were going to deliver that is for damn sure.
I don't remember ever hearing them make a statement about what they would deliver, so I have no idea what they promised. I just don't think it has the same elegance that it did before. Now it looks like some plastic bit of construction modeled after a Barbie dream castle. I don't know why they would have thought this was an improvement on the original design. If it was in need of refurbishment, fine, but don't make it look cheap and tacky in the name of restoration.

Songbird76

I really like it. Looks like something out of a fantastical land, which I always thought it was supposed to lean towards, rather than realistic.
Actually, did you know that the castles are inspired by Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany? Walt visited there and loved it so much that he designed Sleeping Beauty castle after it. And of course, he died before Disney World opened, but it's still based on the same type of model, so it is actually modeled after a real existing castle.

Songbird76

We only have patio dining here right now.

I’m not ready to dine in anywhere anyway.
I'm with you. We did takeout over the weekend even though restaurants are open, but at a reduced occupancy. Starting Wednesday, they can increase occupancy up to 100 people if they can do so with 1.5 meter distancing. Almost all of our restrictions are being lifted tomorrow, actually. Yesterday, we had 78 new cases in the Netherlands, with 3 hospitalizations and 2 deaths. Schools are allowed to go back to normal, but most are choosing to wait until fall to do that since there are only a few weeks left anyway, public transportation is going back to normal, groups are restricted to 100 people though some venues will be allowed to accommodate up to 250. I guess we'll see if it's a mistake to open back up.

Songbird76

I am certified ages birth-11, so essentially through 5th grade. I had to do early childhood student teaching, and then the "real" student teaching. One quarter in K-2, and one in 3-5. I got 4th grade for my first placement, then K for my second placement. When I was applying for jobs, I really wanted 3rd grade. I ended up getting 1st, and I love it now. I didn't think I would, but I do.
I did really well with my students up through 3rd grade. But 4th -6th I was out of my element and I hated it. With music, you have to teach them all, so I decided teaching just isn't for me.

Goofyernmost

No. A colored pencil is - well - a pencil that colors and an pencil crayon is something made up by Canadians.
They do that a lot. Think about how long they have been adding useless letters in so many of their words. It's coloured pencils, eh!
We have one day non-expiration tickets from like 2006. Remember when you could do that?
You have hit upon the reason why I have been there 47 times. Those 10 day, park hopper, non-expiration tickets were the motivation for my going more times then I can tell you. Paying for a hotel, transportation and food on a trip there was enough, when you add on the cost of the tickets, that is when it got to be something that is much more expensive. I realize that at some point I had to buy that ticket, but it was when things were lose enough to not be a big burden. Then I would use it over a couple of years or more. Now if I were to go there once every 2 or 3 years it is a stretch.

Goofyernmost

I was lucky enough not to have to endure the birthday cake castle as I was born in 1998. I will definitely stand by you and fight that this never returns.
You don't have to worry about that. The imagination challenged fans of the plastic castle bitched about it so much that from that point on they never spent that much money on any promotion (possible exception would be the Big Ugly Hat or the Wand). Those two I somewhat agree with as being kept to long. Since then they have done the absolute minimum showing no imagination and only being concerned about the bottom line to make sure the Executives got bonuses big enough to fill the Grand Canyon. As a group Disney Fans have traded in the love of surprise and whimsy in favor of maintaining a museum.

Doodlelicious

I don't remember ever hearing them make a statement about what they would deliver, so I have no idea what they promised. I just don't think it has the same elegance that it did before. Now it looks like some plastic bit of construction modeled after a Barbie dream castle. I don't know why they would have thought this was an improvement on the original design. If it was in need of refurbishment, fine, but don't make it look cheap and tacky in the name of restoration.
They had photos of what the castle would look like with the new paint job and it wasn't this finished product.

This was the concept image of the castle that it was suppose to look like.
bcc92834982402984029834.jpg

Last edited:

Doodlelicious

You don't have to worry about that. The imagination challenged fans of the plastic castle bitched about it so much that from that point on they never spent that much money on any promotion (possible exception would be the Big Ugly Hat or the Wand). Those two I somewhat agree with as being kept to long. Since then they have done the absolute minimum showing no imagination and only being concerned about the bottom line to make sure the Executives got bonuses big enough to fill the Grand Canyon. As a group Disney Fans have traded in the love of surprise and whimsy in favor of maintaining a museum.
There are iconic treasures throughout WDW such as Cinderella's Castle. The Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth Ball. The Tree of Life, and The Tower of Terror that I wish Disney would just leave alone and just clean up when need be. Don't do anything drastic with them.

PUSH

Original Poster
They had photos of what the castle would look like with the new paint job and it wasn't this finished product.

This was the concept image of the castle that it was suppose to look like.
View attachment 480497
It's much more pink and MUCH more blue than what this concept art shows. Actually, this concept art barely shoes any pink, and actually shows a darker blue. Hopefully it fades quickly. But I still would have preferred them to just touch up the old colors. Yes, they were pretty faded, but the color scheme worked really well.

Doodlelicious

It's much more pink and MUCH more blue than what this concept art shows. Actually, this concept art barely shoes any pink, and actually shows a darker blue. Hopefully it fades quickly. But I still would have preferred them to just touch up the old colors. Yes, they were pretty faded, but the color scheme worked really well.
I hope it also fades quickly. Like I said the Castle is one of the places in WDW that shouldn't be made over drastically in my opinion. Sure a touch up here and there, but nothing more than that. Can you imagine if they would decide to paint Space Mountain a Rainbow color scheme? Or give the Haunted Mansion a much brighter color look to it? Leave these iconic structures alone.

PUSH

Original Poster
I just wasted 10 minutes figuring out how to change my view in Word. And another 2 coming here to complain about it.
I never use Word anymore. I did in high school and college, but I use Google Docs for work now since we have the G Suite. I use PowerPoint frequently, though, to create different things like schedule cards and worksheets. PowerPoint is so much better than Google Slides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom