Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

So I wasn't sold on getting a Nintendo Switch earlier, but now that I can't find them ANYWHERE (I've looked dozens of places online), I really want one.
My son bought one when they first came out. He had been saving his money for 3 years to buy a game console. He had decided on the Wii U because he wanted Mario and some dance thing, both of which are Nintendo. But we discovered our TV was too old and we would need a certain cable to hook it up. My husband called the toy store to ask if they carried that cable as well and the guy told him to wait because all the Wii U stuff was going out to make room for the Switch coming in a couple months from then. So he waited and bought the Switch. He loves it, but he doesn't play it a whole lot. He pretty much forgets about it until his sister comes and asks if she can play. But are you only wanting it to pass the time while you're stuck at home? Is there a reason why you are looking at it now as opposed to, say, at Christmas?

PUSH

Original Poster
My son bought one when they first came out. He had been saving his money for 3 years to buy a game console. He had decided on the Wii U because he wanted Mario and some dance thing, both of which are Nintendo. But we discovered our TV was too old and we would need a certain cable to hook it up. My husband called the toy store to ask if they carried that cable as well and the guy told him to wait because all the Wii U stuff was going out to make room for the Switch coming in a couple months from then. So he waited and bought the Switch. He loves it, but he doesn't play it a whole lot. He pretty much forgets about it until his sister comes and asks if she can play. But are you only wanting it to pass the time while you're stuck at home? Is there a reason why you are looking at it now as opposed to, say, at Christmas?
The downtime is part of it, but also a new version of a game came out that I used to play when I was a kid. I've been watching YouTube videos of the gameplay, and I really want to play it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
You know it! And it's much more fun for an adult than you would imagine... watching the videos shows me how much humor I didn't understand as a kid.
There was a big kerfuffle up here the other day when it was released. Hundreds of people lined up at a downtown TO EB Games. The Mayor and Premier lost their minds! And now we have a $1000 fine for not practicing social distancing. 🙁

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Mike and I went for a walk around the block. It’s a big block, about 900m. Have to do something now that I’ve bailed on physio.

My hip co-operated. My knee is not speaking to me. That’s okay, I’m not speaking to it either. (Mostly because that’s just a weird thing to do.)

PUSH

Original Poster
So I found a switch, but it's $100 more than the original price... but it's the cheapest I see right now. I'm not sure if they will be in stock at normal price in a few days or not... so tempting!!

PUSH

Original Poster
So I found a switch, but it's $100 more than the original price... but it's the cheapest I see right now. I'm not sure if they will be in stock at normal price in a few days or not... so tempting!!
I'm deciding against it because it's a 3rd party seller on Amazon, and I'm not sure what their routine policy is if it's broken or damaged.

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm deciding against it because it's a 3rd party seller on Amazon, and I'm not sure what their routine policy is if it's broken or damaged.
Yes, I'm quoting myself again.

I am debating whether I should go ahead and order the game before I order the console... just in case the game runs out, too.

PUSH

Original Poster
I think it’s available as a digital download in the Switch shop. At least that’s what my 16 year old said.
There's a digital download on Amazon, too. But for some reason, I always like the physical copy. That probably makes me old to your 16 year old. I'm from the era of hard copy discs.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Canada isn’t waiting for the Olympics to be cancelled. Apparently we’ve announced that we’re not sending any athletes.

I applaud the decision.

Yup, just read that this morning (link below). Canada is taking all this very seriously, and that's a good thing. Also, it helps the athletes to have a yes or no answer, as it really affects their training schedule. Even though some will be disappointed, I'm thinking that many will be actually relieved. The Olympics can be rescheduled and that's not optimum for all, but looking at the big picture, it was the correct decision. Kudos to Canada.

Songbird76

I'm struggling to figure out what's allowed and what's not allowed. Yesterday, they sent out an alert...it's the kind that overrides any settings you have on your phone so everyone with a phone gets the alert, and all it said was to keep 1.5 meters distance from others....but they've been saying that for over a week. Why the alert NOW? Then, I thought it was ok to go outside and take a walk as long as you keep your distance from others. We went for a walk and there was hardly anyone out....we came across maybe 6 other people either walking or biking in an hour. But today, the health minister is on TV scolding people telling them we have to stay inside or we're going to end up like Italy. I thought fresh air is GOOD for you? And as long as you are still keeping your distance, is it bad to even go out? I guess people were standing in lines waiting to get into parks in some places, but that doesn't apply to us at all...the streets and park were empty! So, are we now not supposed to even go out to get fresh air? Isn't that bad, too?

On a positive note, the grocery store finally had flour for the first time in a month, so I bought 3 kilos. I can finally make pancakes for my son!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm struggling to figure out what's allowed and what's not allowed. Yesterday, they sent out an alert...it's the kind that overrides any settings you have on your phone so everyone with a phone gets the alert, and all it said was to keep 1.5 meters distance from others....but they've been saying that for over a week. Why the alert NOW? Then, I thought it was ok to go outside and take a walk as long as you keep your distance from others. We went for a walk and there was hardly anyone out....we came across maybe 6 other people either walking or biking in an hour. But today, the health minister is on TV scolding people telling them we have to stay inside or we're going to end up like Italy. I thought fresh air is GOOD for you? And as long as you are still keeping your distance, is it bad to even go out? I guess people were standing in lines waiting to get into parks in some places, but that doesn't apply to us at all...the streets and park were empty! So, are we now not supposed to even go out to get fresh air? Isn't that bad, too?

On a positive note, the grocery store finally had flour for the first time in a month, so I bought 3 kilos. I can finally make pancakes for my son!!

Even with a state lockdown (we're not there yet, but close), people can go out and walk, etc. Just keep 6 feet away from others and no congregating in groups. Sounds like restrictions may be different where you live, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom