Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I stand corrected, I have had three. All of mine were 10 year. I got one in 1966, 2007 and 2017. I had quite a few stamps in the first one, because it was before the European Union so every country required a stamp. This second one only had one. In route, after Toronto was Iceland. It was stamped there and didn't require another one the entire trip. It only would have been 4 anyway. Iceland, France, Italy and Spain. The last one has only seen the inside of my file. I went all the way to Vietnam and back, including a week in Japan and didn't even bring one with me. Ah, the perks for war.

Since I acquired the last one I only went to Vermont, So. Carolina and Florida. Didn't really require one for those. I did take it out of the file to get my drivers license "enhanced". Or in other words... big brothered!

My last passport had zero stamps, and finally expired some years ago. I'm in no rush to get a new one. :p

Goofyernmost

My last passport had zero stamps, and finally expired some years ago. I'm in no rush to get a new one. :p
It's probably more important to have one now then ever before. It seems to me that airlines require them even for non-international flights. Or at least you have to have your drivers license "enhanced". I don't remember as well as I used too, so maybe that never went into affect. It has in NC. No passport, but without it a whole lot of paperwork needs to be generated and taken to the DMV to upgrade to enhanced. You might want to check where you are to see if it is required.

NYwdwfan

It's probably more important to have one now then ever before. It seems to me that airlines require them even for non-international flights. Or at least you have to have your drivers license "enhanced". I don't remember as well as I used too, so maybe that never went into affect. It has in NC. No passport, but without it a whole lot of paperwork needs to be generated and taken to the DMV to upgrade to enhanced. You might want to check where you are to see if it is required.
As of 10/1/2020 you will need an enhanced driver's license, real ID card or passport to fly or enter Federal facilities in the US.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I already have the Real ID license. It's all I need for domestic flights. (And yah, that was all kinds of fun to get that upgraded license -- lots of paperwork I had to dig up, before I went to get the upgrade. :rolleyes: )

Passports are always good to have though, as you can't even enter Canada these days without one. (I miss the days that my father would drive the family across the border, and all he had to do was show his license.) Sigh.

NYwdwfan

I already have the Real ID license. It's all I need for domestic flights. (And yah, that was all kinds of fun to get that upgraded license -- lots of paperwork I had to dig up, before I went to get the upgrade. :rolleyes: )

Passports are always good to have though, as you can't even enter Canada these days without one. (I miss the days that my father would drive the family across the border, and all he had to do was show his license.) Sigh.
My mom's birth certificate didn't have her middle name but her social security card did. It was quite the process for her to get the enhanced driver's license. My grandma was always a bit of a prankster - we are all convinced she just made up a middle name for her own amusement when filling out the social security paperwork at the hospital. It was 1949 so we're thinking they might not have vigilantly checked that everything matched back then.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My mom's birth certificate didn't have her middle name but her social security card did. It was quite the process for her to get the enhanced driver's license. My grandma was always a bit of a prankster - we are all convinced she just made up a middle name for her own amusement when filling out the social security paperwork at the hospital. It was 1949 so we're thinking they might not have vigilantly checked that everything matched back then.

The whole thing is a pain in the rear. When we started gathering paperwork for hubs application, we had to get his ' birth certificate from Colorado. To add to the lunacy, we called his mother to find out what city/town/county, etc., he was born in, and she couldn't remember?! :hilarious: She finally narrowed it down to two places, and we "guessed" and picked the right one, believe it or not?!

So, then we selected the (online) non-expedited service for the certified birth certificate, because it was much cheaper.

Forty-five days later, we got it in the mail !! :hilarious:

NYwdwfan

The whole thing is a pain in the rear. When we started gathering paperwork for hubs application, we had to get his ' birth certificate from Colorado. To add to the lunacy, we called his mother to find out what city/town/county, etc., he was born in, and she couldn't remember?! :hilarious: She finally narrowed it down to two places, and we "guessed" and picked the right one, believe it or not?!

So, then we selected the (online) non-expedited service for the certified birth certificate, because it was much cheaper.

Forty-five days later, we got it in the mail !! :hilarious:
If I recall correctly my parents went into Brooklyn to the hospital with the original birth certificate, her passport (which also somehow has her middle name) and the social security card and got a revised birth certificate but I think they had to apply for it and then haul BACK into Brooklyn to pick it up. Something like that. Lunacy is a good word.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My 180-day ADR date happens while I’m off, so I thought I’d best be making a new blank template.

740B5B2C-0431-4F0D-807B-AFB9162D410A.jpeg

Early days just yet, but Mike is:
- okay with dropping Garden Grill and The Yachtsman this year
- keen on going back to The Wave
- willing to try Boma again
- ambivalent about going back to Story Book Dining at Artist Point
- thinking a second dinner relaxing at the resort might be nice

If Space 220 is not Signature, and if I can miraculously score a ressie, that’s for sure going on the list! (Mike’s response to this - Yeah, good luck!)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My 180-day ADR date happens while I’m off, so I thought I’d best be making a new blank template.

View attachment 444660

Early days just yet, but Mike is:
- okay with dropping Garden Grill and The Yachtsman this year
- keen on going back to The Wave
- willing to try Boma again
- ambivalent about going back to Story Book Dining at Artist Point
- thinking a second dinner relaxing at the resort might be nice

If Space 220 is not Signature, and if I can miraculously score a ressie, that’s for sure going on the list! (Mike’s response to this - Yeah, good luck!)

Jennifer's in her glory -- a brand new template for dinner reservations -- at 180 days prior to her trip!! :hilarious: (Side note: I can't decide what I want to eat one day in advance, let alone months ahead!) ;) You're lucky that you're not a fickle eater like me!

Goofyernmost

Yep. This one got to me.

I understand that... When my second was born, my wife and I had decided that a tubal ligation was scheduled, so I knew it was our last child. My wife, still laying on the table after giving birth turned to me and apologized for not having a boy. Two things, we both knew how the gender was decided and this was during the time when you didn't really know the gender until the actual birth.

Anyway, back to the story. I was never able to convince her that I was extremely happy with my two daughters. They always made me proud with their academic accomplishment as well as their attempts at sports where they showed that they inherited my lack of athletic ability along with their attempts at dance and piano lessons. They were and still are my girls, my little girls. As I got older and started having knee and back problems that affected my ability to navigate stairs easily they on separate occasions, one just this past weekend, knew to grab my arm instinctively making sure that they were there to make sure that I didn't fall. Over the last 46 years my love for them has only increased daily. Not a day goes by that I am not moved by how lucky I have been and how important they are to me. Being dead on the inside, I was surprised at how affected I was by that video. Yes, they are Dad's Girls and I am Girls Dad! My greatest accomplishment in life.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I understand that... When my second was born, my wife and I had decided that a tubal ligation was scheduled, so I knew it was our last child. My wife, still laying on the table after giving birth turned to me and apologized for not having a boy. Two things, we both knew how the gender was decided and this was during the time when you didn't really know the gender until the actual birth.

Anyway, back to the story. I was never able to convince her that I was extremely happy with my two daughters. They always made me proud with there academic accomplishment as well as their attempts at sports where they showed that they inherited my lack of athletic ability along with their attempts at dance and piano lessons. They were and still are my girls, my little girls. As I got older and started having knee and back problems that affected my ability to navigate stairs easily they on separate occasions, one just this past weekend, knew to grab my arm instinctively making sure that they were there to make sure that I didn't fall. Over the last 46 years my love for them has only increased daily. Not a day goes by that I am not moved by how lucky I have been and how important they are to me. Being dead on the inside, I was surprised at how affected I was by that video. Yes, they are Dad's Girls and I am Girls Dad! My greatest accomplishment in life.
FYI - Moms feel that way about their boys.

I like to share stories about how my kids love to torment me, but out in the world, they would defend me to their death. Just ask @NYwdwfan about Ski pushing me in the wheelchair through NYC. 😂

NYwdwfan

You'd love Greggs then - and their desserts are phenomenal!

Beyond phenomenal. And one slice of pie can last a week.

FYI - Moms feel that way about their boys.

I like to share stories about how my kids love to torment me, but out in the world, they would defend me to their death. Just ask @NYwdwfan about Ski pushing me in the wheelchair through NYC. 😂

That Macy's elevator incident was awesome. Go Ski!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom