Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

I think it's psychosomatic. ;) Go eat a chocolate bar. You'll be just fine.
Or he could have someone do what my RN wife would do when the girls came out and complained about being sick. She felt their forehead and if it was cool she would say... "well there's no blood dripping out your ears so I think you are good to go to school.' They always seemed to recover shortly after that. We'd probably be report to Child Services now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Or he could have someone do what my RN wife would do when the girls came out and complained about being sick. She felt their forehead and if it was cool she would say... "well there's no blood dripping out your ears so I think you are good to go to school.' They always seemed to recover shortly after that. We'd probably be report to Child Services now.

Hee hee .... reminds me of when I was in first grade. I used to fake illness from time to time, to get out of going to school. At 5, I didn't see the point in school, as I was very content at home. All my toys were there, coloring books, and TV and radio. My mother would come in to check on me every few hours. She'd ask me if I thought I might be well enough to eat a little something, and I'd ask for a baloney sandwich, chips, and a few cookies, and milk. :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Hee hee .... reminds me of when I was in first grade. I used to fake illness from time to time, to get out of going to school. At 5, I didn't see the point in school, as I was very content at home. All my toys were there, coloring books, and TV and radio. My mother would come in to check on me every few hours. She'd ask me if I thought I might be well enough to eat a little something, and I'd ask for a baloney sandwich, chips, and a few cookies, and milk. :hilarious:
Goodness, baloney? Heck you practically started life aggravating @figmentfan423 didn't you?

Eric1955

So, with the Memorial Day weekend coming up, anyone have any holiday plans? We're not traveling anywhere--not a fan of holiday traffic. (AAA predicts record number of cars on the road this weekend--supposedly this afternoon and Friday will be the bigger getaway days for vacationers.) May meet up with my sister for lunch on Saturday. Other than that, just chillin.

I’m planning on staying the night at my parents’ house tomorrow and spending some time with my sister. On Saturday I have my first date in a long time. We’ll see how that goes. As of now, though, I have no plans for Memorial Day itself.

Songbird76

No big plans. We will see Aladdin on Friday night, my sisters family will come over for a cookout on Saturday, and hubs plans to smoke some meat on Monday.
We're going to watch Aladdin tomorrow. We're going out to celebrate DS's AWESOME exam score....that we didn't get yet. :mad: We're going to the movies and then out to dinner. We'd go tonight, but DD has her friends over for her birthday and DS has chess.

Songbird76

Thanks! 🙂

Thank you. No, not from church. My mom is always saying I should meet someone at church. It just seems so awkward to me to ask someone at church.
Well, I guess if it feels awkward, it's probably not the right person to ask anyway. It just seems like church is so much of your social circle, it would be logical to have met someone there. Or is that different now that you aren't in Florida?

If I remember correctly, school starts for you in June, right? So you'll probably be really busy in a few weeks!

Eric1955

Well, I guess if it feels awkward, it's probably not the right person to ask anyway. It just seems like church is so much of your social circle, it would be logical to have met someone there. Or is that different now that you aren't in Florida?

If I remember correctly, school starts for you in June, right? So you'll probably be really busy in a few weeks!

You’re right it is the most logical place for me to meet someone, and there are a few people that maybe I would be interested in. I just worry if I ask someone at church out or something it will be super awkward after if she’s not interested. I guess I overthink these things when I should probably just go for it.

Songbird76

You’re right it is the most logical place for me to meet someone, and there are a few people that maybe I would be interested in. I just worry if I ask someone at church out or something it will be super awkward after if she’s not interested. I guess I overthink these things when I should probably just go for it.
I could see why it would be awkward if she said no, just because you'd see her every Sunday and at church functions, but it's not really any different than anywhere else. You meet someone in class, you're going to see them whenever you have class. You meet someone in your neighborhood, you might run into them any number of places. But I get it,...it's hard to put yourself out there. When I was in college, I asked out the guy who helped out in the green room with performances....setting up, tearing down, opening the door for the performers, etc. And he said no, and I was soooooo embarassed. Now I look back and think I probably put him on the spot a bit and I really knew nothing about him but his name, and I had JUST broken off my engagement so I was already vulnerable. But I don't really regret asking, even though it was an awkward moment when he said no. I think I'd have always wondered what he'd have said if I hadn't asked.
I guess I just hate the whole institution of dating. I wish there was a foolproof method to find the person you are meant to be with WITHOUT having to do the whole dating thing. Maybe that's just me....some people seem to love dating. Did you already go out?

Goofyernmost

Just remember that life is full of no's! There are many reasons why you might receive a no, none of them directed at your level of attraction or any other reason other then the fact that not everyone is attracted to whomever comes along. Most of the time we don't know that until we have had time to know them better.

Actually, the one that should feel more awkwardness is the one that says no without really knowing you. We are all strangers to others until we aren't. I can't convey confidence over a chat room, but, from what I know of you there really is no reason for you to lack confidence. Perhaps in a biker bar, but, not in a church environment. In that case it would be me that would be the one feeling out of place. Some random Hockey Player once said.... "100% of the shots not taken will not go into the net". You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Go for it... life is short.🙂
I suppose I could look up the name of that Hockey Player, but, it is the point that was important and not speaker.
I'm sure @JenniferS will look it up since she is embedded in the land of Hockey.🏒

Last edited:

Mike S

Just remember that life is full of no's! There are many reasons why you might receive a no, none of them directed at your level of attraction or any other reason other then the fact that not everyone is attracted to whomever comes along. Most of the time we don't know that until we have had time to know them better.

Actually, the one that should feel more awkwardness is the one that says no without really knowing you. We are all strangers to others until we aren't. I can't convey confidence over a chat room, but, from what I know of you there really is no reason for you to lack confidence. Perhaps in a biker bar, but, not in a church environment. In that case it would be me that would be the one feeling out of place. Some random Hockey Player once said.... 100% of the shots not taken will not go into the net. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Go for it... life is short.🙂
I suppose I could look up the name of that Hockey Player, but, it is the point that was important and not speaker.
I'm sure @JenniferS will look it up since she is embedded in the land of Hockey.🏒
Wayne Gretzky. The hockey player.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom