Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

NationalSolitaireDay.png
national-buy-a-musical-instrument-day-may-22.png
national-maritime-day-may22.png
national-vanilla-pudding-day-may-22.png

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello peeps! Got home last night from WDW--fun, as usual. (Although, after seeing @Batman 's wild bear video, my vacation pales in comparison . . . :jawdrop: ;) ).

So many threads to catch up on here at WDWMagic after being away for 5 days. :eek: (Jennifer, looking forward to catching up on your NY trip report as well in the next day or so.) :)

Won't bore you with many details of my trip, but did want to share one:

PANDORA.

All this week, AK was open to resort guests (I was at the Swan) 1 hour early. Bus pulled in at 7:20 at AK. Went through security and card scan machine, and then bolted over to Pandora (with the crowds). (By the way, they really check to see if you're a park on-site guest (near Tree of Life), so I had to show my Swan hotel card (date stamped with my dates of visit). Got in a long queue, but it moved well and the themeing throughout was spectacular. Inside the building --

It was maybe 35-40 minutes since I entered the park. Then the best part--I was a single, so they directed me to a line with just one other person in it (there were two other long lines with at least 40 people in each, at this particular area). I got on the ride in 3 minutes from there!!! (In other words, no "outdoors" single rider line, but once you are in the building, then they have a single line.) :happy: FOP was AMAZING!! What a fun experience!!!! I recommend it to everyone, but go EARLY or get a fastpass (those are REALLY hard to get). I got off the ride at 8:20--so again, go EARLY!!!

Nemo14

Hello peeps! Got home last night from WDW--fun, as usual. (Although, after seeing @Batman 's wild bear video, my vacation pales in comparison . . . :jawdrop:;) ).

So many threads to catch up on here at WDWMagic after being away for 5 days. :eek: (Jennifer, looking forward to catching up on your NY trip report as well in the next day or so.) :)

Won't bore you with many details of my trip, but did want to share one:

PANDORA.

All this week, AK was open to resort guests (I was at the Swan) 1 hour early. Bus pulled in at 7:20 at AK. Went through security and card scan machine, and then bolted over to Pandora (with the crowds). (By the way, they really check to see if you're a park on-site guest (near Tree of Life), so I had to show my Swan hotel card (date stamped with my dates of visit). Got in a long queue, but it moved well and the themeing throughout was spectacular. Inside the building --

It was maybe 35-40 minutes since I entered the park. Then the best part--I was a single, so they directed me to a line with just one other person in it (there were two other long lines with at least 40 people in each, at this particular area). I got on the ride in 3 minutes from there!!! (In other words, no "outdoors" single rider line, but once you are in the building, then they have a single line.) :happy: FOP was AMAZING!! What a fun experience!!!! I recommend it to everyone, but go EARLY or get a fastpass (those are REALLY hard to get). I got off the ride at 8:20--so again, go EARLY!!!

Welcome back!

How surprising to think you were up early... :joyfull::joyfull:

Glad you had a good trip.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Welcome back!

How surprising to think you were up early... :joyfull::joyfull:

Glad you had a good trip.

I only slept in late (5:30) one morning because I was exhausted. Every other morning I was up by 4:30 and out on my porch (my room had a porch) with coffee. Even though it's still dark, I like being out there because it's quiet. The only other people up are the hotel employees driving around laundry carts etc.

I like seeing all the little sparkling tree lights on the palm trees between the Swan and Dolphin, and the lit-up statues.

The waterway was really calm, too. (Oh, no Friendship boats this week which was a PITA, but I knew that was coming--why? I read WDW Magic for updates!)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Epcot - long lines for security and then long lines to get into the park because not enough employees

That seems to be pretty common the last few years. Annoying all their guests and making life more difficult for their employees, but they're saving a few bucks so it must be worth it.

Because I had a park hopper, I went about 4 times (for a few hours) on various days to EPCOT.

Didn't experience any of the above--I thought they had plenty of people checking bags, etc. They even put some extra side tables with security people checking bags.

Found this to be true at AK as well. MK wasn't bad either. Went to HS yesterday for a few hours, and no backups there either--but that's to be expected since so much is under refurbishment there. :facepalm:

Songbird76

Well, I'm a day late, but Happy Wyoming Day!!! I didn't even know we had a "state dinosaur". I knew we are the "Equality State" (Also sometimes the Energy State) and that the State flower is the Indian Paintbrush, and the bird is a Meadowlark, but no idea about the Triceratops. Does every state have a state dinosaur or is Wyomings because of the bones found there? Looks like I have some research to do.

Songbird76

I only slept in late (5:30) one morning because I was exhausted. Every other morning I was up by 4:30 and out on my porch (my room had a porch) with coffee. Even though it's still dark, I like being out there because it's quiet. The only other people up are the hotel employees driving around laundry carts etc.

I like seeing all the little sparkling tree lights on the palm trees between the Swan and Dolphin, and the lit-up statues.

The waterway was really calm, too. (Oh, no Friendship boats this week which was a PITA, but I knew that was coming--why? I read WDW Magic for updates!)
Wow....why no friendship boats? And does that include the boats from like...Fort Wilderness? Isn't that the only transportation they have?

Nemo14

Well, I'm a day late, but Happy Wyoming Day!!! I didn't even know we had a "state dinosaur". I knew we are the "Equality State" (Also sometimes the Energy State) and that the State flower is the Indian Paintbrush, and the bird is a Meadowlark, but no idea about the Triceratops. Does every state have a state dinosaur or is Wyomings because of the bones found there? Looks like I have some research to do.

https://statesymbolsusa.org/categories/dinosaur-or-fossil

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow....why no friendship boats? And does that include the boats from like...Fort Wilderness? Isn't that the only transportation they have?

Hi there. They were fixing the bridge (between the Swan and Dolphin) that the Friendship boats sail under, when en route to/from DHS or EPCOT. The ONE week I picked out of a year to go on vacation, and they shut the boats down completely. :facepalm:

It was only the Friendship boats that were shut down. All other watercraft throughout WDW was operating as usual.

Goofyernmost

Hi there. They were fixing the bridge (between the Swan and Dolphin) that the Friendship boats sail under, when en route to/from DHS or EPCOT. The ONE week I picked out of a year to go on vacation, and they shut the boats down completely. :facepalm:

It was only the Friendship boats that were shut down. All other watercraft throughout WDW was operating as usual.
Well, if you hadn't kept your trip a 'Top Secret' event, they might have rescheduled the work around you. You cannot just pop in and expect them to have enough groceries and clean sheets. Give warning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom