Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
It's possible we might have a delay tomorrow because of how cold it's supposed to be. Several of the area schools have already called for it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It's possible we might have a delay tomorrow because of how cold it's supposed to be. Several of the area schools have already called for it.
You’re back to school already?
Our schools always shut for 16 days - they reopen on the 8th.

PUSH

Original Poster
We are back on the 2nd as well. I wish I had one more day of vacation, but I guess I would say that tomorrow too.
Now is the long haul of winter until spring break. That's the next day off we have... aside from weekends, obviously.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Now is the long haul of winter until spring break. That's the next day off we have... aside from weekends, obviously.

Same with us. The kids have a day off, on Presidents' Day I think, but for us it is a day of Parent/Teacher conferences.

Only 69 days until our Spring Break!

Goofyernmost

You’re back to school already?
Our schools always shut for 16 days - they reopen on the 8th.
Plus you only go to school 11 years to begin with. And then you wonder why we make fun of y'all. But as our leader so eloquently put it... we need people to mow lawns and dig ditches too. Since we have decided to keep the Mexicans out, perhaps more Canadians can come on down here and fill those position. You don't have a wall to stop you, yet.;)

JenniferS

Plus you only go to school 11 years to begin with. And then you wonder why we make fun of y'all. But as our leader so eloquently put it... we need people to mow lawns and dig ditches too. Since we have decided to keep the Mexicans out, perhaps more Canadians can come on down here and fill those position. You don't have a wall to stop you, yet.;)
The elimination of grade 13 was counter-balanced by the addition of JK, so technically, students go to school 14 years prior to starting College/University.

Summer is not really long enough in Canada to attain great lawn mowing skills. I’m not sure about the ditch digging thing.

Goofyernmost

We're on a delay! :)
As I posted in the Chit Chat thread:

Southern Winter.. The temperature is expected to get down to 19 degrees tonight with clear skies and no forecast of rain or snow. So... they have already called for a two hour delay in starting school tomorrow anticipating that they will have problems starting the buses. There is no end to the humor available to us yankees down here.
The elimination of grade 13 was counter-balanced by the addition of JK, so technically, students go to school 14 years prior to starting College/University.

Summer is not really long enough in Canada to attain great lawn mowing skills. I’m not sure about the ditch digging thing.
Something is not adding up here or I was lied too about that as well. But, my recollections with my wife's education was that the there were only 11 years of formal education previous to college. I never count anything before 1st grade in any of this from either side... Grade 1 through 12 in the states and 1 through 11 in Canada. Now if there was a Junior College previous to University that might add on, but, if I recall anything after grade 11 was totally selective. (if that is what JK is. It's not ringing a bell with me.) This is not an argument, just a explaination of what I was led to believe was the system.

JenniferS

As I posted in the Chit Chat thread:

Southern Winter.. The temperature is expected to get down to 19 degrees tonight with clear skies and no forecast of rain or snow. So... they have already called for a two hour delay in starting school tomorrow anticipating that they will have problems starting the buses. There is no end to the humor available to us yankees down here.

Something is not adding up here or I was lied too about that as well. But, my recollections with my wife's education was that the there were only 11 years of formal education previous to college. I never count anything before 1st grade in any of this from either side... Grade 1 through 12 in the states and 1 through 11 in Canada. Now if there was a Junior College previous to University that might add on, but, if I recall anything after grade 11 was totally selective. (if that is what JK is. It's not ringing a bell with me.) This is not an argument, just a explaination of what I was led to believe was the system.
When I went to school, it was K - 13, which equals 14 years. Now, it’s JK - 12, with many students taking a “Victory Lap” to either continue with sports, improve grades and/or mature another year before moving away, so that now equals 14 or 15 years of full time education.

JK - is full time Kindergarten starting at age 4. Kids come out of JK/K at reading levels previously achieved by grades 1 or 2.

1E2C4778-BA8D-459A-949D-E1C9354363D5.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom