Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Nemo14

Happy Noodle :D JenniferS
I hope the New Year is full of good things for you and everyone else on this forum.
Just killing time as my wife heats up a hot lunch. I went to The Weather Channel's internet site and searched the high temp. for Toronto today and wanted to compare it to the predicted high for my NJ town.
Toronto's predicted high today: 17F
Brick NJ's predicted high today: 19F
I'm way south of your area but it' not doing me much good :)
13 here, but it's supposed to go up to 14 this afternoon...:rolleyes:

trr1

f534b8fc4230a134aaf2b49524acab1b.jpg

trr1

January Monthly Observations

National Menudo Month *
National Bath Safety Month
National Black Diamond Month
National Blood Donor Month
National Braille Literacy Month
National Hobby Month
National Hot Tea Month
National Mentoring Month
National Oatmeal Month
National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month
National Slow Cooking Month
National Soup Month
National Sunday Supper Month

January National Week Observations
Introverts Week * – Third Week of January
Diet Resolution Week – January 1-7, 2017
Silent Record Week – January 1-7
Celebration of Life Week – January 1-7, 2017
New Year’s Resolutions Week – January 1-7
Someday We’ll Laugh About This Week – January 2-8
National Folic Acid Awareness Week – January 8-14, 2017 (Second Week)
National Pizza Week – January 8-14, 2017 (Second Week)
Universal Letter Writing Week – January 8-14
Home Office Safety and Security Week – January 8-14, 2017
Cuckoo Dancing Week – January 11-17
National Soccer Coaches of America Week – January 11-18, 2017
World Kiwanis Week – Third Week of January
Hunt for Happiness Week – January 15 – 21 (Third Full Week)
Health Weight Week – January 16-20 (Third Full Week)
Sugar Awareness Week – January 16-20 (Third Work Week)
No Name Calling Week – January 16-20, 2017
National Activity Professionals Week – January 17-23, 2017
National Fresh Squeezed Juice Week – January 17-23
International Printing Week – (Third Week)
International Snowmobile Safety and Awareness Week – January 21-29, 2017
National CRNA (Certified Register Nurse Anesthetists) Week – January 22-28 (Last Full Week)
Bald Eagle Appreciation Days – January 21-22, 2017
Clean Out Your Inbox Week – January 23-27 (Last Business Week)
National Medical Group Practice Week – January 23-27, 2017 (Begins the Fourth Monday in January M-F of that week)
National School Choice Week – January 22-28, 2017
National Handwriting Analysis Week – January 22-28, 2017 (Week of John Hancock’s birthday on January 23)
National School Choice Week – January 22-28 (Last Week)
National Medical Group Practice Week – January 23-27 (Begins Fourth Monday)
International Hoof Care Week – January 24-27, 2017
Tax Identity Theft Week – January 27-31,2017
National Irish Coffee Week – (Fourth Week)
Catholic Schools Week – January 29 – February 4 (Begins the last Sunday)
Meat Week – January 29 – February 4 (Begins the Last Sunday)
National Cowboy Poetry Gathering Week – January 30 – February 4, 2017

January 1st

Songbird76

Ouch. Is she okay?
Happy New Year. Hope you, Nemo, we all feel better soon!
She's fine besides the bruise, thanks. I'm just glad it wasn't worse. It must have still been hot, but she said it didn't burn her. Poor girl...she can't seem to avoid accidents for a week. December 2nd, her brother's birthday party...her leg went through the springs on a trampoline...massive bruise the size of her hand. That one started to fade a bit and she fell off her bike on the ice...bruises all over her knees, though she's lucky she didn't break anything. Those clear up and she falls while ice skating with her class. Her tail bone and back were sore for a while. She said that must be why the bottle rocket hit her...her back was better, so she needed a new injury. I think I should have just gotten her a jumbo roll of bubble wrap for Christmas.

Songbird76

DH has been taking good care of me but now he's getting it too so I had better get over this soon!
My husband hardly ever gets sick. *knock on wood* Stomach flu, yes, but colds/flu? Hardly ever. He's taking really good care of me, but I'm coughing so much my muscles are sore and I can't sleep well. I just want it over with!! Hope you are over it soon and that it doesn't hit him as hard!

Goofyernmost

It’s actually 13 here too. And that’s as high as we’re going.

View attachment 253786

As part of the Metric Crossover Generation, I relate better to summer temps in F, but winter temps in C.
It's 27 degree here right now and I am 900+ miles further south. Somebody is going to pay for this.
The heat pump has barely shut off. Comfortable inside though.

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It's 27 degree here right now and I am 900+ miles further south. Somebodies is going to pay for this.
The heat pump has barely shut off. Comfortable inside though.
I am wearing a 20-year old, tatty XL sweatshirt right now, because it’s the warmest thing in my closet!
And socks! :eek:

It ain’t pretty, but it’ll do. We’re headed out to my BIL’s place in the country, where you can always see your breath in January, irrespective of this record breaking cold snap. Brrrr.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 - Are you watching Mayor Walsh's inauguration? Joe Biden's speech brought me to tears (or maybe it's this stupid cold)

I was channel surfing this morning, while loafing on the sofa. I saw just a little bit of Marty's (mayor) speech, but since I pick up New Hampshire stations on my satellite, I switched over to WMUR, because the Rose Bowl Parade was being broadcast live. This is not politically motivated at all, but regardless of who is giving a speech on TV, I'd always pick the Rose Bowl Parade to watch, given the choice!! It's gorgeous--the floats are just spectacular. I like the marching bands, too. Look forward to this every New Year's Day. :)

Nemo14

I was channel surfing this morning, while loafing on the sofa. I saw just a little bit of Marty's (mayor) speech, but since I pick up New Hampshire stations on my satellite, I switched over to WMUR, because the Rose Bowl Parade was being broadcast live. This is not politically motivated at all, but regardless of who is giving a speech on TV, I'd always pick the Rose Bowl Parade to watch, given the choice!! It's gorgeous--the floats are just spectacular. I like the marching bands, too. Look forward to this every New Year's Day. :)
I watched the last part of the parade too. I have mixed feelings about that parade, but the floats are truly amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom