Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
you forgot dogeball
We had dodgeball when I was in the public school system. When I switched to Catholic school, they called it murder ball. Same game, but you were allowed to aim for people's heads.

Take away the nun's rulers, give permission to the class bully to drill a ball at your head .... Corporal punishment survives into the 1980's.

SteveBrickNJ

Dodgeball was the best. :banghead:
.....and floor hockey too! :D
on a completely unrelated subject...maybe someone would be kind to answer a question:
What does this emoji :brb:represent?
"brb" ???

Eric1955

Whatever happened to the gyms in new schools? :confused: Everyone called it the gym for as long as I can remember..

There's a new school that was just built in my area, and they don't have anything called a gym. What they have is something called a Health and Wellness Center. :rolleyes: Boy, those kids will get a rude awakening when they have to take the usual, horrid gym classes, in their fancy Health and Wellness Center! :p

At one school I went to for a couple years we had a cafa-chapel-nasium. We usually just called it the gym but it functioned as the cafeteria, chapel, and gymnasium.

Nemo14

At one school I went to for a couple years we had a cafa-chapel-nasium. We usually just called it the gym but it functioned as the cafeteria, chapel, and gymnasium.
Our regional district built a new state-of-the-art high school that opened my sophomore year with a cafetoriium. It was basically a cafeteria with a stage. Boy were we impressed!

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

One thing I always loved about P.E. class was when we got to sit under this thing for a few moments while it deflated. It happened maybe 2 or 3 times during the school year. Everything was good with life when that thing came out to the gym floor. No stress or care in the world...for we had the parachute dome to sit under.
View attachment 211565

Parachute day was second only to safety town. When we saw those cones set up with working traffic lights, all sorts of activity stations and those little square scooters we knew it would be an awesome week.

you forgot dogeball

Loved dodgeball. Welts and all.

My kids' elementary school has a cafetorium.

Our regional district built a new state-of-the-art high school that opened my sophomore year with a cafetoriium. It was basically a cafeteria with a stage. Boy were we impressed!

:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom