Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Several of my friends/classmates are in the UK right now on a two week study abroad trip. I think they're near London, though.

PUSH

Original Poster
Several of my friends/classmates are in the UK right now on a two week study abroad trip. I think they're near London, though.
They are actually about halfway between London and Manchester... a little closer to Manchester.

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure if this is only a WDW-related phenomenon. A couple of times in the Quick Service food order lines, I'd get stuck behind the "family who cannot decide what they want, even though everyone has been in line for 5-10 minutes" . . . :facepalm:

This is Quick Service, people. You look at the giant, well-lit up board above, and you have about 5 choices. That's it. This is not Victoria and Albert's, for heaven's sake. I mean, how do these people function in the real world on a daily basis?

(Had a hilarious conversation with a CM at the Fountain View (Starbucks) in Future World. He had just come over to a register from a back area, and waved me over to him. He said softly, "I've come to your rescue . . . I knew you weren't with THEM!" We chatted while he was getting my coffee, and we shared a few chuckles.) :hilarious:
I got on the opposite side of the register once from a couple that had about 16 credit cards and each one they tried rejected for being maxed out. It took forever before they finally found one that had credit available. I'm thinking that the after trip experience was going to be very stressful.

Anyway, when they finally got through, the cashier turned to me with this look that just screamed out, please don't yell at me. I just grinned and asked if she took cash. She said, yes, so I said good because all I have on me. She threw in a chocolate chip cookie just because I wasn't upset. Occasionally it pays to not be a jerk.

trr1

tumblr_nqq3vpMkgz1qzmeu3o1_400.jpg
th

upload_2017-5-23_17-42-18.jpeg
mary-janes-bulk.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It was our 24th anniversary yesterday, so Mike and I went out for dinner. Each of the two first restaurants we went to were closed in observance of Victoria Day. (If only there were a device one could use to ascertain if an establishment is open or not .... :rolleyes:)
Anyway, we ended up at the Keg. I like the Keg, but I have a lot of memories of my parents there, so I'm not always in the mood for the Keg. :(

Also, I find it pricey for what it is.

Bread service. Sour dough with whipped butter:
IMG_3609.JPG

We each ordered a "Keg Classic" meal, which includes salad. Caesar for both of us, of course, as Greek was not an option.
IMG_3608.JPG
Greek > Caesar > all others.

Apps. I got the crab stuffed mushrooms, as per usual. It's mushrooms. It's crab. It's cheese. All my favourites!
IMG_3610.JPG

Mike got deep fried rubber bands, just like always.
IMG_3611.JPG

Prime rib. I don't eat this often. It used to be my most favourite "high end restaurant" meal. Right up until late December, 1996.
It was a little later in the evening (isn't it always?), so the prime rib was coming off half a tick more well done than I like. I only ate four bites, so no biggie.
IMG_3613.JPG
(It was a tad more well done than the picture would indicate.)

Mike got the "baseball" something or other, which can only be cooked to medium rare. Too rare for me, but he liked it.
IMG_3612.JPG

We declined dessert, choosing to go to DQ instead. Yeah, us and half the population of Brantford ... so I told him to keep driving.

I just ate the remaining 90% of my main meal minutes ago. It was flavourful, but the prime rib was not the best cut. Mike, of course, finished all of his meal last night.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I got on the opposite side of the register once from a couple that had about 16 credit cards and each one they tried rejected for being maxed out. It took forever before they finally found one that had credit available. I'm thinking that the after trip experience was going to be very stressful.

Anyway, when they finally got through, the cashier turned to me with this look that just screamed out, please don't yell at me. I just grinned and asked if she took cash. She said, yes, so I said good because all I have on me. She threw in a chocolate chip cookie just because I wasn't upset. Occasionally it pays to not be a jerk.
I behave for cookies too.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I figure you guys are getting tired of my eagle posts, so I decided to just post a link here to my latest album and you can check them out if you're interested.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/media/albums/last-3-days.358/
There are some pretty sunsets in there too.
The more FL pics you post, the more time I spend on Zillow, so personally, I thank you.

(I really, really, really want to move down there. Even if for only a few months/year.)

Nemo14

There are some pretty sunsets in there too.
The more FL pics you post, the more time I spend on Zillow, so personally, I thank you.

(I really, really, really want to move down there. Even if for only a few months/year.)
That was last night at the beach. We hoped to catch a pretty sunset with the clouds we've had lately, but fog rolled in at the last minute, so the sunset was kind of poopy.
I'd love to buy a place down here someday too, but my sister travels enough that we get to use her house often...:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was our 24th anniversary yesterday, so Mike and I went out for dinner. Each of the two first restaurants we went to were closed in observance of Victoria Day. (If only there were a device one could use to ascertain if an establishment is open or not .... :rolleyes:)
Anyway, we ended up at the Keg. I like the Keg, but I have a lot of memories of my parents there, so I'm not always in the mood for the Keg. :(

Also, I find it pricey for what it is.

Bread service. Sour dough with whipped butter:
View attachment 206666

We each ordered a "Keg Classic" meal, which includes salad. Caesar for both of us, of course, as Greek was not an option.
View attachment 206667
Greek > Caesar > all others.

Apps. I got the crab stuffed mushrooms, as per usual. It's mushrooms. It's crab. It's cheese. All my favourites!
View attachment 206668

Mike got deep fried rubber bands, just like always.
View attachment 206669

Prime rib. I don't eat this often. It used to be my most favourite "high end restaurant" meal. Right up until late December, 1996.
It was a little later in the evening (isn't it always?), so the prime rib was coming off half a tick more well done than I like. I only ate four bites, so no biggie.
View attachment 206671
(It was a tad more well done than the picture would indicate.)

Mike got the "baseball" something or other, which can only be cooked to medium rare. Too rare for me, but he liked it.
View attachment 206670

We declined dessert, choosing to go to DQ instead. Yeah, us and half the population of Brantford ... so I told him to keep driving.

I just ate the remaining 90% of my main meal minutes ago. It was flavourful, but the prime rib was not the best cut. Mike, of course, finished all of his meal last night.

Happy anniversary to the both of you, and many, many more! :inlove: :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom