Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Not for me. We always have Hubby's side on Boxing Day, which means I've got one more major function before I can curl up and hibernate for the rest of the winter.
I can curl up and hibernate until I have to work Tuesday and deal with the crazies and their attempts at returning unreturnable items.

But just think, a year from now I (hopefully) won't have a crappy retail job and will be able to enjoy a Christmas break after stressing out for 4 months as a new teacher. My life is going to be so different a year from now. :jawdrop:

Goofyernmost

Not for me. We always have Hubby's side on Boxing Day, which means I've got one more major function before I can curl up and hibernate for the rest of the winter.
Not to mention you won't be taking down your Christmas decorations until at least mid-July!

EDIT: Sorry, I should have read through. I should have realized that I wasn't the only one that remembered the length of time they stayed up last year. Mine will be boxed and stored by noon tomorrow.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I love having my house decorated inside and out leading up to and for Christmas, but now I wish it was all back to normal. I wish someone would undecorate for me. Any volunteers?

Goofyernmost

:(

Our family tradition growing up was to leave everything up until after Ukrainian Christmas. That's the bare minimum for me.
Well to put it more into perspective, all I have is a 2.5 foot tall, fiber optic, Christmas tree complete with a red tree scarf and a 68 year old lighted Santa Claus (about 9" tall) that my parents bought me for my first Christmas. It still works and I don't even remember changing the bulb in it, but, it must have been replaced at some point in time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I love having my house decorated inside and out leading up to and for Christmas, but now I wish it was all back to normal. I wish someone would undecorate for me. Any volunteers?

Sure. I've seen the descriptions of some of the tasty meals you prepare -- I'll be over by dinnertime!

work.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Mine will be boxed and stored by noon tomorrow.

My family always left up the Christmas decorations until New Year's Day--then they all came down . . . :( I follow the same schedule now, but I don't put up nearly as many decorations as my parents did years ago. My decorations are just a few wreaths, a couple of figurines for a manger scene, and a Christmas tree. Still, it's always sad to take down everything.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sure. I've seen the descriptions of some of the tasty meals you prepare -- I'll be over by dinnertime!

work.jpg

Excellent!

My family always left up the Christmas decorations until New Year's Day--then they all came down . . . :( I follow the same schedule now, but I don't put up nearly as many decorations as my parents did years ago. My decorations are just a few wreaths, a couple of figurines for a manger scene, and a Christmas tree. Still, it's always sad to take down everything.

We usually take stuff down on New Years, but now we have so much stuff we start on New Years and finish over a couple days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom