Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Schools here used to use the NECAP tests, which were bad enough, but now the state uses the PARCC tests.
Districts here use whichever test they want. When I was in school we used MAPS, but that's really expensive, and with the rural communities a lot of schools use the STAR, and I believe there's one called the Forward exam. There's also WKCE, which used to be in a booklet, but I'm not sure what it is now, or if they even still have it. But all of them are multiple choice.

I just don't like how schools are using students as numbers. There's so much in a student that can't be shown in a standardized test.

Nemo14

We took the CAT test - I think it stood for California Aptitude Test. I wonder what Iowa did to get the boot?
When I first started teaching, they were using the CAT tests. We never had to do anything to prepare the kids for the test - it was just a day that you didn't teach your classes, kids just stayed in your homeroom all morning. Now with the NECAP, then the PARCC tests, we literally had to take a minimum of 3 days of class time to prepare the kids for taking the test. So ridiculous!!!!

NYwdwfan

When I first started teaching, they were using the CAT tests. We never had to do anything to prepare the kids for the test - it was just a day that you didn't teach your classes, kids just stayed in your homeroom all morning. Now with the NECAP, then the PARCC tests, we literally had to take a minimum of 3 days of class time to prepare the kids for taking the test. So ridiculous!!!!
I remember getting the instructions the day before - we were told we had no homework because we were supposed to rest and get a good night's sleep and we needed to bring in two number 2 pencils.

Nemo14

I remember getting the instructions the day before - we were told we had no homework because we were supposed to rest and get a good night's sleep and we needed to bring in two number 2 pencils.
Yes, we had to be reminded about filling in the little circles and gridding our names. But now, with so much depending on the test results, it's a much more detailed preparation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom