Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo14

Is that her in the picture?
Actually she was much younger and dumber than dirt. I had set up a computer lab in my kids' elementary school when I used to be in charge of the volunteers there. I ran an after-school workshop to show them what they could do with the computers that we had, which at the time not many knew anything about. When I mentioned opening a window, one of them commented that we weren't allowed to because there were no screens on those windows.

MOXOMUMD

meanwhile_in_canada3761.jpg
This looks like a vanilla ice cream cake cut in two pieces. :hungry: I think I'm hungry. :brb:

PUSH

Original Poster
Actually she was much younger and dumber than dirt. I had set up a computer lab in my kids' elementary school when I used to be in charge of the volunteers there. I ran an after-school workshop to show them what they could do with the computers that we had, which at the time not many knew anything about. When I mentioned opening a window, one of them commented that we weren't allowed to because there were no screens on those windows.
yelrotflmao.gif

Cesar R M

Who do you call?
the ghostbusters.

Meanwhile, in Nemo's world... :p

funny-internet-grandma-meme.jpg
so, you would recomend her to switch to Ubuntu? No Microsoft windows there!

for these kind of people, we're "nerd geniuses"..
I remember when I got in my university, there were teachers that were so bad at what they were teaching.. most people asked ME FOR HELP. :/

This looks like a vanilla ice cream cake cut in two pieces. :hungry: I think I'm hungry. :brb:

imagine whale-diving into that!
SPOOOF!!!

Nemo14

for these kind of people, we're "nerd geniuses"..
I remember when I got in my university, there were teachers that were so bad at what they were teaching.. most people asked ME FOR HELP. :/
I'm no expert by any means, but I've learned a lot over the years and I know enough to know that I don't know it all, but I'll tell you, there are some pretty pathetic people out there, and a lot of them are teachers. I got called at home once to go help a 6th grade teacher who couldn't get her computer to work with the projector. Turned out it wasn't plugged in...:rolleyes:

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm in a computer class right now, and I'm pretty sure the professor doesn't know how to work a PowerPoint. He never showed us anything, and a girl I know who was in that class last semester told me that he said "I could teach this to you, but it's too easy" to her class.

Nemo14

I'm in a computer class right now, and I'm pretty sure the professor doesn't know how to work a PowerPoint. He never showed us anything, and a girl I know who was in that class last semester told me that he said "I could teach this to you, but it's too easy" to her class.
Is it plugged in?

Meaning does he at least know that the computer needs to be plugged in?

acishere

I had classes where every session they needed an IT guy to come in and get the professor's computer connected to the projector. You would think after a month they would have picked up on what the tech guy was doing.

Cesar R M

I'm no expert by any means, but I've learned a lot over the years and I know enough to know that I don't know it all, but I'll tell you, there are some pretty pathetic people out there, and a lot of them are teachers. I got called at home once to go help a 6th grade teacher who couldn't get her computer to work with the projector. Turned out it wasn't plugged in...:rolleyes:
heh, that happened constantly to my father...
all because my mother kept shutting down the monitor by pressing the button.
My dad is used to keep the monitor in "stand by" mode.
so.. I had my big doze of "SOOOOON.. MY COMPUTER DOESNT WORK AGAIN!!!"
just to get there, press monitor button.. and repeat XD

Nemo14

The best computer lab story I have though comes from the school library. This was back in the day where the schools didn't have a lot of computers (one per classroom), so we came up with a proposal to the teachers that we combine those computers into one room (the lab) and I would arrange to have trained volunteers to assist teachers when they brought their classes in. Everyone but the librarian agreed and she had the newest computer. She kept it in a locked cabinet in the corner of the library.

It turned out that we really needed and had room for one more setup in the lab so that we'd have enough for each kid to have their own station, so I happened to mention it to the custodian one afternoon. Lo and behold, the next day we had another set-up, and I suspected where it had come from. 6 months later, the librarian unlocked her cabinet and realized her computer was gone (yes, she hadn't even opened the cabinet in 6 months!!!), and I was called on the carpet about it. Fortunately our principal found the situation pretty humorous and really loved what I had done with the lab, but we did return the computer and I never let on that I knew where that computer had come from all along.

Last edited:

acishere

Weird computer thing that has been happening to me all day:

I've been updating an Spreadsheet of contacts today on my Google Drive and the whole time it said that there was 1 other person viewing the document. I click to see who it is and it says my name. It appeared and disappeared several times and the marker of what cells that viewer was on moved. I think I need to change my password.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No

I've been updating an Spreadsheet of contacts today on my Google Drive and the whole time it said that there was 1 other person viewing the document. I click to see who it is and it says my name. It appeared and disappeared several times and the marker of what cells that viewer was on moved. I think I need to change my password.
Well, it is Google...

PUSH

Original Poster

Maybe it was Meg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom