Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acishere

Anyone have any tips for a crooked Christmas tree? This thing just won't go in at an angle where it will stand upright.

Last edited:

Megalodumb

Anyone have any tips for a crooked Christmas tree? This thing just won't go in at an angle where it will stand upright.
That happened to me once at my apartment. It just looked off a bit. I finally put a couple pieces of box cardboard underneath one side of the tree stand to even it out. The stand & box pieces were covered with the tree skirt & presents...so you couldn't tell. (That was my In Reality; serious answer).

Now for my traditional Megalodumb Sageteer answer: Turn the rest of your room crooked so that the tree matches everything else.

MOXOMUMD

I've used phone books before. Of course for a crooked tree, if you install some morals about not commiting crimes and changing its evil ways it may just become a straight law of gravity abiding fellow.

Last edited:

acishere

We had a neighbor who actually nailed his tree down through his hardwood floors.
After work I need to find who has my power saw so i can give the thing a fresh diagonal cut and hope it can fit into the stand at the angle it needs in order to stand up without falling.

Maybe a cement block on the thing for good measure too.

Goofyernmost

Hedge clippers..

Shape the tree into an acceptable form, no matter which way the truck wants to go.
What difference does it make which direction the truck goes? ;) They just deliver it, they don't make it stand. Now if you have a crooked trunk the easiest solution is to stand in front of it and just lean in the same direction. Then it is straight and the rest of the house is crooked, but, who cares about the house?:)

NYwdwfan

My tree stand has 8 screws - four to secure the tree at the top of the stand and 4 to secure the tree at the bottom of the stand. When the tree went in crooked my husband steadied it upright and made me bear hug it until he could adjust the screws. To say I was covered in sap "Christmas Vacation" style is an understatement.

acishere

My tree stand has 8 screws - four to secure the tree at the top of the stand and 4 to secure the tree at the bottom of the stand. When the tree went in crooked my husband steadied it upright and made me bear hug it until he could adjust the screws. To say I was covered in sap "Christmas Vacation" style is an understatement.
Oh I ruined my gloves with sap last night taking a hand saw to the knots in the tree's base.

I'm considering getting a stand I saw online where you step on a pedal until the screws lock in the place you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom