Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had such a miserable recovery with the tonsils that I didn't care about much of anything. There were days when a bowl of cheese curls was it.

I also watched Back to the Future every night for two weeks straight. Sometimes more than one film per night. Just watch all three, start over, watch them again, start over...

I was like that when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I was 30 and had to send my DS to live with my Mom for a week.
They had a devil of a time getting them out and my face and neck turned pretty colors of the rainbow and the 'ole face was as big as a bowling ball. Meds didn't help. It took over 2 weeks before my face didn't look like someone beat the pulp out of me.

StarWarsGirl

And you just looooved statistics right? ;)
grumpy_no.png

MOXOMUMD

My favorites are the sour cream and onion. That has not changed since I was three years old. I like the Crab ones, but in small doses. Plain is always good. Plain with Onion dip is doubly good. Salt and vinegar...no. BBQ...okay. I also like Utz cheese curls. When I was 13, I had my tonsils out and had trouble eating anything. Soup was too hot and hurt, ice cream and yogurt were too cold and hurt; I needed room temperature. Well, you can suck on cheese curls. They were room temperature and after I would suck on it, it would melt in my mouth and be easy to swallow. Guess what I practically lived off of for two weeks?
Going back to the chips again, I agree with the small doses of crab. I swear if you eat too many they dull your tastebuds for the rest of the day!

Gabe1

Kid just walked through the room, news on, 2 world news stories/updates. Shook head and said, so fortunate to be born in this part of the world...left room. I turned on Friends on that note.

StarWarsGirl

Going back to the chips again, I agree with the small doses of crab. I swear if you eat too many they dull your tastebuds for the rest of the day!
They were giving them away in February at Orioles Fan Fest. I had to alternate crab and regular chips. We came home with about a dozen single serving bags. Also got a bunch of free t-shirts and some free Powerade.

StarWarsGirl

I was like that when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I was 30 and had to send my DS to live with my Mom for a week.
They had a devil of a time getting them out and my face and neck turned pretty colors of the rainbow and the 'ole face was as big as a bowling ball. Meds didn't help. It took over 2 weeks before my face didn't look like someone beat the pulp out of me.
I ended up bleeding three days after the surgery and had to go back in. Only two percent of patients bleed, and ya know when they usually bleed? The day after or the week after. Not three days later. Doctor said that it was the first time he'd had a patient bleed three days later. The hospital said that they had seen it before, but it's less common.

Comparatively, though, I had an easy recovery. My great-grandmother was 42 when she had hers out. Doctor took them out in pieces. And my grandmother had them out when she was 4. That was before they had out patient tonsillectomies. She ended up catching whooping cough and nearly died. So, ya know, it could have been worse.

MOXOMUMD

They were giving them away in February at Orioles Fan Fest. I had to alternate crab and regular chips. We came home with about a dozen single serving bags. Also got a bunch of free t-shirts and some free Powerade.
On Sunday my daughter went to the Indians game and the mascot was shooting stuff out of the t-shirt gun into the crowd. Her dad caught her one and it was a small towel that said TribeTown. It really looks like a dishcloth with writing on it. :) But...it was free.

Gabe1

I ended up bleeding three days after the surgery and had to go back in. Only two percent of patients bleed, and ya know when they usually bleed? The day after or the week after. Not three days later. Doctor said that it was the first time he'd had a patient bleed three days later. The hospital said that they had seen it before, but it's less common.

Comparatively, though, I had an easy recovery. My great-grandmother was 42 when she had hers out. Doctor took them out in pieces. And my grandmother had them out when she was 4. That was before they had out patient tonsillectomies. She ended up catching whooping cough and nearly died. So, ya know, it could have been worse.

Yikes! Mine had to be jack-hammered out of my mouth in pieces too,

My niece at about 10 days old was hospitalized with Whooping cough. They said she had to get it in the hospital when born. She nearly died multiple times that week. While in hospital they ran some other tests and young new Doc told my Sis that she had downs syndrome, the first indicator was her tongue wasn't in her mouth. My Sis threw the doctor out of room and doc parting said how sorry she was and knew my Sis needed time to process. My Sis called a genealogist.

My niece had Thrush not Downs. She is a senior in high school now and will graduate with high honors. It looks like she will go to a coveted school out east, she will have to sign this September. She always planned on visiting the Doc who quickly misdiagnosed her way back when she turned 18. Wonder if she will. For how sick she was when she was born we are in awe of what she has accomplished.

Gabe1

On Sunday my daughter went to the Indians game and the mascot was shooting stuff out of the t-shirt gun into the crowd. Her dad caught her one and it was a small towel that said TribeTown. It really looks like a dishcloth with writing on it. :) But...it was free.

Yay for her. I thought of her Sunday. How hot did it get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom