Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Happy people!

ellen20f-1-web.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

Is your kitchen retro? Mine is currently 50's motif and colors. I even have a retro floor now. It is nice and bright in my Kitchen now, I have a huge tree in my backyard that filters the light from the East and South so the colors helped. I have fun with it.

Yep but not by choice, LOL :) I don't think it's ever been updated. If it were my house, I'd update the rest, but keep the counter tops, because they're awesome.

The faux brick sucks, though. And the off white is ...awful.

Btw, you can use "sucks" on this board. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep but not by choice, LOL :) I don't think it's ever been updated. If it were my house, I'd update the rest, but keep the counter tops, because they're awesome.

The faux brick sucks, though. And the off white is ...awful.

Btw, you can use "sucks" on this board. :)

Yep, one by one I've ripped apart all the rooms of this house. I had a fireplace similar to yours just higher in my last house. We didn't stay there long enough for me to rip apart much other than the appliances in the kitchen. Flipped that home in a little more than a year. My condo got gutted right down to the concrete floor in every single room before I moved in, kitchen and bath too.

Of all the places I play or have played this filter seems to be moderately set, nice. One is so tight that when we were all talking about the movie Banks coming out I could not type Dick for Dick van on one sight. So funny but like @donaldtoo said, I have a lot of Gabe-isms I've coined throughout the years, Sucidoodles and Slurp are just a few. I can't take credit for the Rhubarb-ism that is now part of my vernacular these days though, don't remember where it started here but it is equally as fun. :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah 8 days for my trip! the stress hitting me D:

I almost have all my bags done! just a few tweaks and I'm ready!
A number of years ago, Hubby was working on a gov't contract, which was a very demanding position.
He regularly worked 70-80 hour work weeks, including the weeks leading up to our trip to Jamaica.

Our flight was to leave @ 6:00 a.m., so we had to be in the WalMart parking lot @ 2:30 to board our charter bus to the airport.

At 1:00 a.m., he was still at work, and had not yet packed! He came home @ 2:00, threw a bunch of stuff in a suitcase and my dad had us out the door by 2:20.

The only thing he said he 100% needed was his contact lens stuff, anything else forgotten could be borrowed from either of his two brothers who were on the same trip.

Trust me. You'll be fine.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
FYI, the DFM tix were $20. The Mary Blair exhibit is not included and is an additional $5. I got both tix. I just hope 2 hours is enough time to see both.

Also, Google Maps does not calculate the best transit route automatically. When I first entered DFM to SFO (San Fran Airport), it told me something ridiculous like over two hours for the transit, using a combination of buses and trains. When I went into options and set it for trains only and less transfers, it calculated a much better route with a 45 minute transit time! Google should fix this...

What's left for me to plan? My full day in San Francisco still needs to be planned, as well as 2 of 3 days in Southern California (one day is at DL). At this point, I feel that maybe I've done enough planning and just be spontaneous for those four remaining days.

What do you all think? More planning or spontaneity?

Well, here's my 2 radical suggestions: how about adding some spontaneity (no plans/no travel, for just a few days) and some time to SLEEP!! :joyfull:

I can understand trying to fit in as many great, CA tourist sites as possible; but in my own travels, I've found that I often find hidden treasures, when I also allow some time to just naturally experience the new area. Walking down the street, exploring local history, viewing the architecture, and chatting up the locals, can contribute an added dimension to your vacation.

Lastly, even though you're probably quite adept at pulling off the occasional all-nighter, I've been wondering (ever since early this morning, while I was on the train to work) if you've given any thought to the 3-hour time difference from Florida?! Hence, even if you're out in CA following Pacific Time, your body "clock" will probably take a few days to acclimate itself to that 3-hour time difference. This might be a challenge when you've been up all night, without even a hostel room to crash for a few hours—and then waiting additional time for the museum to open that next morning, at 10:00. If you can pull all this off, you're amazing! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We still have the original two-holer in the shed behind the house! But we don't use it..... :joyfull:

Per this intriguing outhouse discussion from you and @donaldtoo , I just had a funny flashback from the past. I think I was about 3-4 years old at the time, when my family went on week's vacation up in northern Maine. We stayed at a relative's summer vacation home, which was actually an old farm house. They had no indoor toilets; you had to use the outhouse. I recall walking into the outhouse and seeing 3 (that's right, not 2—but, 3!) "holes". I was confused and walked out, because I didn't know which one I was supposed to use! :rolleyes: :hilarious: (Luckily, my sister was standing outside and told me that all three were the same!) ;)

ChimneySweep49

I'm going to have to bite....what happens? I tried Googling it but came up empty handed.
It depends on how sour a flavor the combination results in. For some people, it simply gives you a bad taste, for others, it makes your cheeks cave-in, and in rare severe cases (like taking a large chug of grapefruit juice just after eating a rich chocolate brownie), it can reverse puberty.

Goofyernmost

Per this intriguing outhouse discussion from you and @donaldtoo , I just had a funny flashback from the past. I think I was about 3-4 years old at the time, when my family went on week's vacation up in northern Maine. We stayed at a relative's summer vacation home, which was actually an old farm house. They had no indoor toilets; you had to use the outhouse. I recall walking into the outhouse and seeing 3 (that's right, not 2—but, 3!) "holes". I was confused and walked out, because I didn't know which one I was supposed to use! :rolleyes: :hilarious: (Luckily, my sister was standing outside and told me that all three were the same!) ;)
When I first started my life of travel at about age 13 we took summer vacations because of school. The interstate highway system had been started but, it was far from complete. All rest areas along the highway were outhouses. One holers, open at the top (there was a roof, but there was a foot high gape between the wall and the roof). At night there was one light bulb in it and it attracted every type of bug god ever created. The aroma was, well, let's just say interesting. I often wonder, when I hear people complain about dirty restrooms, how they would have coped with those things. This wasn't exactly in the dark ages, I'm talking about the early 1960's.

When I was in Vietnam, the building that I worked out of, had an outhouse. The catch basins were 55 gal. drums, cut in half with handles welded to them. Once a week we would rotate to be the person that pulled the drums out from under the shed. Kerosine was then poured on top and set on fire which somehow, never knew how, managed to burn up most of the "stuff". Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom