Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

It was common a few years back. When I was 10 my father ran a trucking company with a big yard. He let me plow out the entire area every time it snowed. I couldn't go out into the road so I learned how to pull the snow back from the road and get it out of the way as soon as I had enough room. Because of that little job, I was backing 18 wheelers out of the barn (garage) and putting them back in place after. I was 11 at the time I started doing that. I grew up in New York State and there, it was 16 before you could get a permit and then had one or two years of provisional licenses after reached 17. (that meant that a licensed driver had to be with you after dark). When I was 15 we moved to Vermont where I could get my permit at 15 and on my 16th birthday I took my road test for my regular license. In Vermont back then you could drive anything once you had the license. I was in heaven. It just occurred to me that as of last month I have been a licensed driver for 50 years.

Yea, I also did some tractor drivin' on the farms startin' back when I was about 11. Kiddos operating heavy equipment was probably a bit more prevalent in years past. ;) :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Just leaving work with Hubby. Technically done at 6:00.

We did it! Sold them all. Again.

The Builder just popped in, and what does he say?
"I should have raised them more $$."

Seriously Dude, we got you $25K extra on 11 of them, and $30K on one. Whatever!

PeterAlt

It was common a few years back. When I was 10 my father ran a trucking company with a big yard. He let me plow out the entire area every time it snowed. I couldn't go out into the road so I learned how to pull the snow back from the road and get it out of the way as soon as I had enough room. Because of that little job, I was backing 18 wheelers out of the barn (garage) and putting them back in place after. I was 11 at the time I started doing that. I grew up in New York State and there, it was 16 before you could get a permit and then had one or two years of provisional licenses after reached 17. (that meant that a licensed driver had to be with you after dark). When I was 15 we moved to Vermont where I could get my permit at 15 and on my 16th birthday I took my road test for my regular license. In Vermont back then you could drive anything once you had the license. I was in heaven. It just occurred to me that as of last month I have been a licensed driver for 50 years.

Are you channeling Spirit today? Someone had a thread that asked if they sell large sized clothing at WDW. I know, from experience that they have very little available for plus sizes. Makes me wonder, if all the people that go to WDW are "fat fatties" aren't they missing the boat by not having more large sizes available.

I don't know of any that will allow a car to leave the lot without a credit card to back up the charges. It may indeed be a problem. There may be some, but, I would guess that none of the vehicles they rent have made it out of the company parking lot yet without breaking down. It's like that old joke that came out when discount airlines started showing up. A customer asked how long it would take to fly from LA to SF. The clerk replied, " I don't know, we've never made it. :joyfull:
[/QUOTE]
I think Simon Mall Gift Cards makes pre-paid Visa cards with your name engraved. That's all I would need. That was my mission at my mall, thinking it was a Simon Mall, but it's not.

Goofyernmost

Oh baby, I love me a fried egg sandwich - on soft, mushy, Wonder white bread, with a little squirt of ketchup.

I can't quite eat two, but one is not enough.

The JenniferS solution - 2 eggs, 3 slices of bread.
Perfect, with a glass of cold milk.
As a kid my mother used to make a fried egg sandwich for my lunch when I went to school. That happened about 3 times a week (my request). Ketchup was an absolute requirement. Cold fried egg sammich with ketchup and soft bread and butter. Throw in a quartered cucumber and I was a happy camper.

EDIT: I didn't realize until now how poor we must have been because another dietary staple was bread, butter and ketchup sandwiches.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

You are. On the way home yesterday morning, I wanted to take pictures of all the hot air balloons in the sky for you all but I couldn't get a good shot. :(
I have two 3D cameras and taking 3D photography is a real art because you have to consider focal points in depth. It opens up new possibilities that can't be done with 2D, such as capturing texture qualities. It's like new colors added to an artist's weasel!

donaldtoo

Just leaving work with Hubby. Technically done at 6:00.

We did it! Sold them all. Again.

The Builder just popped in, and what does he say?
"I should have raised them more $$."

Seriously Dude, we got you $25K extra on 11 of them, and $30K on one. Whatever!

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Congrats!!!!! You and the hubster make an awesome team!!!!! :joyfull:
Hope y'all can now both sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of y'all's evenin'...!!! :)

Goofyernmost

I think Simon Mall Gift Cards makes pre-paid Visa cards with your name engraved. That's all I would need. That was my mission at my mall, thinking it was a Simon Mall, but it's not.
The thing is that to use a gift card you would have to leave it there. A credit card only needs them to record the numbers to be guaranteed all charges were covered. I must admit that I am not familiar with how or if they allow gift cards for an after service thing where they do not have any recourse if you were to spend it. I didn't read what you had written about it, but were you planning on returning the car to the same location? That might make a difference. Be sure to check it out. A credit card with your name on it is not the same as a gift card with your name on it. I don't think they care how many names are on a gift card.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

The thing is that to use a gift card you would have to leave it there. A credit card only needs them to record the numbers to be guaranteed all charges were covered. I must admit that I am not familiar with how or if they allow gift cards for an after service thing where they do not have any recourse if you were to spend it. I didn't read what you had written about it, but were you planning on returning the car to the same location? That might make a difference. Be sure to check it out. A credit card with your name on it is not the same as a gift card with your name on it. I don't think they care how many names are on a gift card.
[/QUOTE]
Gift cards work the same as credit cards, except your credit limit is determined by how much you paid for it. You can keep putting more money into it with real credit cards or bank cards online. And another difference is your credit is never owed since it is pre-paid.

Goofyernmost

Gift cards work the same as credit cards, except your credit limit is determined by how much you paid for it. You can keep putting more money into it with real credit cards or bank cards online. And another difference is your credit is never owed since it is pre-paid.
I know how they work Peter. That is not the problem, it is how the rental company handles it. They usually don't charge your credit card until you return the car and it has been checked over for damage, gas tank refill, etc. If you have a gift card for (example) $100.00 what insurance do they have that you are not going to just run off with the car or spend it on something else after you leave their lot? That is one of the reasons that they don't take cash. I think that to them, cash and gift card are the same thing. I don't know for sure, I'm just saying make sure that you and the rental company are on the same page otherwise it could be a total nightmare. I would think that they have to absolutely have a way to trace it all back to you with all the information that they need. On top of that the fact that you have a current credit card to them means that you are financially responsible enough for someone to have extended you credit.

PeterAlt

[/QUOTE]
I could try to open a savings account with a bank card. But if they do credit checks for a saving account, I will be wasting my time...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know how they work Peter. That is not the problem, it is how the rental company handles it. They usually don't charge your credit card until you return the car and it has been checked over for damage, gas tank refill, etc. If you have a gift card for (example) $100.00 what insurance do they have that you are not going to just run off with the car or spend it on something else after you leave their lot? That is one of the reasons that they don't take cash. I think that to them, cash and gift card are the same thing. I don't know for sure, I'm just saying make sure that you and the rental company are on the same page otherwise it could be a total nightmare. I would think that they have to absolutely have a way to trace it all back to you with all the information that they need. On top of that the fact that you have a current credit card to them means that you are financially responsible enough for someone to have extended you credit.
Very true....a debit card will NOT work to rent a car.

PeterAlt

I gotcha... I'll have to call the rental companies and check with the banks. I had a savings and checking account with PNC relatively recently. I kept depositing money into what I thought was the checking account and it kept going into the savings account and I didn't know it was. Any way, they ended up closing the checking account based on over draught fees caused by their own monthly fees. I even went to the bank and asked them to transfer the funds from the savings account and stop the monthly checking fees and they told me the couldn't because the account is in collections. I still get monthly statements from them for the savings account, but my bank card has been blocked. I tried one more time to straighten it out and that savings account is somehow tied into the closed checking account and I get no where. I got so fed up and aggravated by the situation I just gave up. I don't think another bank will open an account for me now because or what PNC has done!

EDIT - there is hundreds of dollars in that locked savings account because of an over draught fee for a few dollars in the red caused by their own monthly fee in a checking account they closed and in collections because of a mess they caused by being so complicated!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom