Where do you plan you trip through?

LadyFaire88

I've never to WDW before and would like to start planning a trip sometime soon. I was wondering who you plan you trip through? Disney itself, expedia, etc. Any tips would be most welcomed.

I plan it through Disney.com then call my travel agent. Sometimes she has specials. She is a friend of the family so I let her get comission, because it is the same price or a couple dollars cheaper than Disney.com

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

In the past I have booked through disneyworld.com and been fine. One time I booked through AAA but it was not the best experience. :brick::shrug:

For our trip this coming December I booked through Marie at Kingdom Konsultants and it has been a GREAT experience! She helped me apply the discount I received via email and has helped by purchasing the MVMCP tickets. :xmas:

Good luck with the decision and hope you have a great trip. :wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We are on our third (or is it 4th?) trip with Pam at Kingdom Konsultants. She has done great work on our Grand Gatherings..sized from 8 to 12 to 36 people. She is amazing at getting all our ADR's in order and has been able to get each restaurant we wanted from Cinderella's Royal Table --party of 36 to Le Cellier and every character meal in between!

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

I plan mine somewhat off of this site as alot stuff I hear about I learned from here on this site.So while the books are good and travel sites are as well this to me is a lot more enjoyable way to plan as others share in your fun as you and they help plan your fun time.you get tips on shops,tickets,restaraunts and many other topics.Just keep WDWMagic in mind for ideas.

Oh and happy planning and welcome to the boards!

Upvote 0
Last year we booked everything through the Disney travel site I think. It worked out fine, no problems at all.

This year its all over the place. I booked the rooms through disney over the phone. Flights and a rental car will come from maybe expedia or something similar. Tickets I am getting through a discounted ticket place that my company provides. Hopefully this goes as smooth as last time:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Mystic

I book everything through the Disney Travel Company over the phone, with the exception of my flights which I book directly with the airline. I've never had any problems dealing with the CMs at CRO or the Disney Travel Company. I also booked my land and sea cruise directly with the CMs over the phone at the Cruise Line.

Upvote 0

SAV

I use Orbitz and Travelocity to do my research on hotel prices & amenities and then actually book the room thru the hotel site itself to see if they have better rates for AAA or the Entertainment card. I use Kayak.com, Orbitz and Travelocity to do my research on airfare and again I book thru the airline's website to save a few bucks on the fees the other sites charge. If you are going to get a rental car, then check out the codes on Mousesavers.com to see if you can get a discount on the car rental. And depending on how many days you are going and if you want Hopper passes(and if you are a member of AAA), then you can check out your local AAA office for their discounted tickets.

That said, I have been to WDW many times and have prior knowledge of how things work and where they are located in proximity to the parks. Being a first timer, you may want to consider using an agent to make your arrangements. They have the know-how and can guide you along the way. And from what I read, Kingdom Konsultants seems to be a great way to go.

Also, do yourself a favor and get one of the Disney Guidebooks. A little research ahead of time can really help you decide what will be best for you.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I always plan it all myself through the Disney website and make adjustments, dining stuff, etc, through the phone. If I was trying to plan a huge gathering/family reunion or something then I'd probably use a travel agent, but since it's usually just me and my husband and/or sister and we've been there a million times, my current method seems to work for me. :) Happy planning, whichever way you choose!

Upvote 0
We have used Pam at Kingdom Konsultants too. She was great planning our trip last year and is planning ours this year as well. I can sit back and pretty much not do a thing. She takes care of the planning, the ADR and last year even saved me money when some promotion came out, she emailed me and said great news you saved $300 b/c of some promotion they had running. Anyone at KK I'm sure is great, I have nothing but good things to say about them!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Using an Authorized Disney Vacation planner such as Kingdom Konsultants is always a great idea. Having someone with the experience, know how and dedicated time to research different vacation options is certainly a great thing! Belle

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Using an Authorized Disney Vacation planner such as Kingdom Konsultants is always a great idea. Having someone with the experience, know how and dedicated time to research different vacation options is certainly a great thing! Belle

Definitely! There are many forum members that use our services since we are forum sponsors. A big Thank you to all of our loyal clients!!!

Pam

Upvote 0

PoohBear119

My husband and I just booked everything through disney.com... and I mean everything... we got flight, hotel, meal plan, tickets... We used AAA once and that wasn't bad either. We also have used a travel agent that was a family friend, but she basically used disney.com. Welcome aboard!

Upvote 0

elizs77

I pull up allearsnet.com and this site for advice and reviews. I buy the Unofficial Guide for a different slant on advice and reviews. I pour over disney.com for prices. I get quotes, then I figure out my AAA discount on my own. I figure out exactly what I want totally on my own. Well, with my husband's input, of course!

Once I know (or almost know) what I want to do, I call my travel agent. She happens to be at the local AAA office, and she has taken great care of us. I tell her what I want, ask her advice on a few minor things, and she books it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom