WHERE Can We Do This Again? PTN taking a trip...

grnflash

I'm sure they are but in the long run this is actually a very good thing for WDW. They will get their own parade that will likely be much better than Disneylands PTN. If WDW does get a version of PTN I'm sure it will have less Pixar floats.

That's a lot of being sure for a theme park, the busiest theme park in the world actually, that has not had a night parade for almost a year...and counting.

TP2000

You don't think WDW will eventually get its own version of PTN?

Magic Kingdom will be without a night parade for another three or four years. They'll announce something at the 2019 D23 Expo, and then debut it in late 2020 or early '21, whenever WDW's 50th celebration for 2021 kicks off.

I'm sure there will be Pixar floats in whatever WDW night parade they get. There are two major Pixar attractions already in Magic Kingdom Park; Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

Right now WDW has a very, very weak parade lineup. They have exactly one (1) daily parade across all four parks; Festival of Fantasy at Magic Kingdom.

Anaheim has three (3) daily parades on offer currently; Pixar Play Parade, Mickey's Soundsational, and MSEP. Plus two nightly Fantasmic!, two nightly World of Color, and Remember fireworks. Disneyland Resort is an embarassment of riches compared to WDW right now, but we're all supposed to wait for the 50th in 2021 for it to get better. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

brb1006

Magic Kingdom will be without a night parade for another three or four years. They'll announce something at the 2019 D23 Expo, and then debut it in late 2020 or early '21, whenever WDW's 50th celebration for 2021 kicks off.

I'm sure there will be Pixar floats in whatever WDW night parade they get. There are two major Pixar attractions already in Magic Kingdom Park; Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

Right now WDW has a very, very weak parade lineup. They have exactly one (1) daily parade across all four parks; Festival of Fantasy at Magic Kingdom.

Anaheim has three (3) daily parades on offer currently; Pixar Play Parade, Mickey's Soundsational, and MSEP. Plus two nightly Fantasmic!, two nightly World of Color, and Remember fireworks. Disneyland Resort is an embarassment of riches compared to WDW right now, but we're all supposed to wait for the 50th in 2021 for it to get better. :rolleyes:
I remember when all the parks had their own parades in the early 2000's.

TP2000

You can't top a chick with Pebbles Flintstone's hair.

There are several good jokes there, but I will move along in case @Curious Constance's adorable children are here.

We all keep talking about the trolley wires, but I'm sure they've already measured and know what floats can fit and what floats need to be modified, if at all.

But the trolley wires only cover about one third of the DCA parade route. The majority of DCA's route takes place beyond the Hollywood area. It's important to remember that the DCA parade route is very long and much wider than others. (Stop it!)

BrianLo

They have however gained night shows for AK, recommitted to fireworks for DHS and finally refreshed the MK fireworks... that's like a miracle in itself as far as TDO is concerned. An E-ticket per year plus two bonus redone E's are on the docket through 2021. Disney Springs is great, Pandora was a fantastic addition.

It's definitely at least heading in a better investment direction then whatever the hell they did for the last 15 years.

JoFu

...It's important to remember that the DCA parade route is very long and much wider than others. (Stop it!)
giphy.gif

SuddenStorm

If the new float is Pixar I have a feeling it's either Inside out or Coco. I'm hoping Coco, the theme would make for a great parade float and the lighting could be amaZing

Personally, I think Inside out with it's visual aesthetic would be a good fit for PTN, but my preference would be a float dedicate to some classic Disney animation.

Ismael Flores

Personally, I think Inside out with it's visual aesthetic would be a good fit for PTN, but my preference would be a float dedicate to some classic Disney animation.
I would love to see Disney create floats that included classic animated characters that are rarely used. Seem like a lost opportunity by not using many of the older characters. Not only would they have a large following of guests wanting to see the parade but they can tie in together the parade with a whole bunch of merchandise that we would all want to buy.
They should be proud of their film library wether they were huge hits or not.

I have t seen them bring out characters for older movies much if it's not a Princess or even some of the really cool costumes they made for characters of treasure planet and Atlantis. Hey I won't even mind if they brought out characters from Home on the range.

Phroobar

If the character isn't in the Princess clique then Disney will completely ignore that movie for all shows, parades and fireworks.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I would love to see Disney create floats that included classic animated characters that are rarely used. Seem like a lost opportunity by not using many of the older characters. Not only would they have a large following of guests wanting to see the parade but they can tie in together the parade with a whole bunch of merchandise that we would all want to buy.
They should be proud of their film library wether they were huge hits or not.

I have t seen them bring out characters for older movies much if it's not a Princess or even some of the really cool costumes they made for characters of treasure planet and Atlantis. Hey I won't even mind if they brought out characters from Home on the range.

It's one thing to pull from the classics, but don't ever expect to see an Atlantis float. The early 2000s flop period will never get park traction, just like Black Cauldron won't be showing up in Fantasmic any time soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom