1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

WHERE Can We Do This Again? PTN taking a trip...

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by GiveMeTheMusic, May 22, 2017.

1. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Dr. Hans Reinhardt Well-Known Member

The wires are a quirky detail that only Disney Parks & Resorts would do. It's all about theater, born from the company's film making roots. Imagine the Main Street Streetcars without the horses and their smelly poop or the DLRR without a caboose.

As much as people complained about how bland DCA Version 1 was I'm a bit surprised that there's a good number of park fans here who'd be fine with a generic theme park electric trolley "bus on tracks" in DCA.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    yookeroo likes this.
  2. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Well-Known Member

Did they always have this issue with parades colliding with things suspended in the air or is this a new thing for Disney? I mean, the parades have been around a while.

3. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

You and me both. And I still can't get past them telling people that they power the trolley. I know it's to keep the theme going, but that just seems like it's too far. I'm curious what the CM I witnessed saying this would have done had I called her on it.

4. Kira Nerys

They might as well just get rid of the red car. It doesn't fit the Marvel funny book theme.

5. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

Like a steam locomotive in tomorrowland?

95% of its track runs outside of the new Marvel boundaries, it really isn't 'in' Marvel land.

6. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

If only someone would fatigue little Mermaid.

7. Kira Nerys

Speaking of The Little Mermaid and Paint the Night, I remember being taken aback when she rolled by in the parade because she sounded like a ridiculous drag queen.

brb1006 likes this.
  8. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

I actually wish they didn't make Ariel talk in PTN as a result.

9. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Dr. Hans Reinhardt Well-Known Member

LOL.

I have a friend from Laguna Beach whose first husband worked for Oscar Mayer years ago, an old sponsor of The River Belle Terrace. She disliked Disneyland mostly because he frequently dragged her there to entertain clients and out of town guests at Club 33. For whatever reason she thought the park was tacky, and never understood my fascination with it. Anyway, she loved to tell me the story of how she once purchased a toy pirate cap gun for her nephew in New Orleans Square, but no caps were available for sale anywhere in the park. When she asked a shop clerk why and they replied, "Oh we don't like loud noises at Disneyland". She always repeated the clerk's response in a mocking Disney Princess type voice. It was hilarious.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  10. Curious Constance

Kinda like the time we purchased a make your own light saber in Tomorrowland, and they taped it closed so my son couldn't extend it in the park. He was flabbergasted hahaha

Dr. Hans Reinhardt likes this.
  11. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

I was thinking they may bring up MSEP "glowing Away" forever on August 20th followed by We are happy to announce PTN will return this Holiday season at DCA. However I'm sure they won't go into detail as far as the Frozen float or the exact return date.

12. Curious Constance

I'm kind of surprised that you would be taken aback by anything at this point. After all, you did post a video of yourself NAKED AT HOME ON A DISNEY FAN WEBSITE.

13. Kira Nerys

It was not naked.

14. Nland316

Nland316 Well-Known Member

Funny since I personally think that Frozen is a pretty strong IP for a show like Fantasmic of all things.. They could've had a giant Marshmellow puppet, freeze the ROA via projections, etc.. Basically pretty good content could've been used for the show.

15. The_Bellringer

The_Bellringer Active Member

If they end up not using the Frozen float at DCA, here's what I think will happen:

"MSEP returns to Magic Kingdom for a limited time only, with a BRAND NEW Frozen float! Make sure to catch this Disney classic before it "Glows Away."

I would love seeing if the WDW section for the boards implode lol.

aSpeedingRock, mnelson3 and brb1006 like this.
  16. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

"Glowing Away"
    [​IMG]

17. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

Speaking of glowing away, I passed a fancy digital billboard along the Orange Freeway tonight for the MSEP that had a new tag line "Hurry, Ends 8/20!"

They seem to really be serious about it ending this time. Again.

brb1006 and Dr. Hans Reinhardt like this.
  18. mikenatcity1

mikenatcity1 Well-Known Member

I only wish I could have seen it at DL- i'm arriving a month too late to see it there :(

mickEblu likes this.
  19. mikenatcity1

mikenatcity1 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine them getting rid of the Frozen float- that float was one that they advertised and brought front and center in blogs, plus with the Frozen show in DCA it fits (and taking Frozen out of anything right now seems to be against the rules with Disney). Time will tell! Only another couple days...

brb1006 likes this.
  20. mnelson3

mnelson3 Well-Known Member

Correction the Frozen float will be the new opening float for MSEP at MK lol.

The_Bellringer likes this.