Where can I go for positive news?

LittleBuford

Well, it can be insurmountable at times, especially when so much of the negativity is justified. And besides, the comments section is where people express how they really feel about something.
Your initial post asked, “Is there any place I can go for positive news on Disney, where things are not always criticism every which way you look?” You didn’t specify that the comments section also had to be positive. It seems to me that you’re looking for something that doesn’t exist, because there’s no such thing as a comments section that doesn’t contain some amount of negativity. Even cute kitten videos attract dislikes and nasty comments!

Just ignore the comments and enjoy the positivity of the videos themselves.

mharrington

Original Poster
I’m not sure anyone can accomplish what you’re asking for here. No one can guarantee that any particular site is not going to say something negative. You are going to see some negative opinions no matter where you go. Are you just trolling?
No, I'm not just trolling. I'm trying to find positivity everywhere as much as possible. The comments section is actually where a lot of the negativity comes from it. I don't always read the news themselves, but I do catch glimpses of the reactions to the news.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
No, I'm not just trolling. I'm trying to find positivity everywhere as much as possible. The comments section is actually where a lot of the negativity comes from it. I don't always read the news themselves, but I do catch glimpses of the reactions to the news.
You can start with all the places that I and others recommended for you:

The Tim Tracker
Mammoth Club
AllEars
Disney Food Blog
Paging Mr Marrow

Then like pixie magic, YouTube will start dropping recommended videos in your feed. They will probably be similar vloggers and channels to the above. That's how I came across all the channels I watch. I suspect that how everyone else does too. But just in case the list of 5 above may not be enough, here's a few more I watch from time to time as well.

Disney Parks
DisneyD23
Ordinary Adventures
The Daily Woo
DSNY Newscast
TPMVids
Mickey Views

12 channels, with 1000's of hours of content plus all the new channels that will be coming up on your YouTube recommends should be enough for anyone who wants to dive into Disney. And after a few hours watching these, I bet you'll be able to go down any YouTube rabbit hole since your feed will be full of other recommendations by then. Just stay away from the ones that scream click me and negative titles.

Have fun and stay positive :)

Weather_Lady

This site has always had both positive and negative points of view. Those of us who've been here for 10-15 years or more have watched as the tone slowly shifted from overwhelmingly upbeat, to more concerned with the direction WDW is going. The commenters didn't get more negative: WDW's policies and park quality did. It's fine if you don't want to hear it: just read Disney's official blog and social media, and nothing else, and you'll get nothing but positivity: every bad decision will be spun as a "response to guest demand, " and every upcharge and amenity cut a fresh way for guests to "customize their experience."

If you want real commentary from actual guests and longtime fans, which won't always be positive but will give you a realistic idea of what to expect, visit reputable forums like this one.

nickys

Premium Member
Well, it can be insurmountable at times, especially when so much of the negativity is justified. And besides, the comments section is where people express how they really feel about something.
If you don’t want to read negative comments then just read the news and not the comments or forums.

You could do the same here, just read the news feeds.

But if you want a forum where there’s lots of pixie dust then try the DIS.

SSH

I confess I'm one of the complainers here at times ($%&%#* evening EMH cut, %#*%#* value resort parking fees :hilarious:), but I always enjoy reading the trip reports - it's my favorite escape on any forum - cruises, theme parks, beach destinations - wherever I'm considering a vacation. They're fun, give me great ideas and when I find a real gem - one authored by a talented or funny writer - it's a joy. They make me feel like I'm traveling right alongside them.

erasure fan1

This site has always had both positive and negative points of view. Those of us who've been here for 10-15 years or more have watched as the tone slowly shifted from overwhelmingly upbeat, to more concerned with the direction WDW is going. The commenters didn't get more negative: WDW's policies and park quality did.
One of the things that kept me on this forum v.s. any other was it had both. Some of the sites seemed to only stand for pixie dusters. I like when others have different opinions than mine, positive or negative. Does it get taken too far sometimes? Sure, on both fronts from everything is going to the toilet to things have never been better.

I will say this when it comes to the negativity. I would put money down that the overwhelming majority of people who have turned a bit more negative. Would rather not be down on Disney and would much rather be talking about how great everything is. I know that is how I am. Will we get back to that point? I don't think we will with current management unfortunately.

OceanBlue

Not going to get more relentlessly upbeat than that.
This website has good main page news that I like to check in on, with good photos and current info. The boards are negative, I occasionally look at new posts but have come to realize the same thing trend as you. Check out resort specific threads on disboard if you have a favorite hotel etc

DfromATX

I personally think there's a lot of negativity here, and while a lot of that is justified, granted, I feel it gets really old really fast. We are all Disney fans in my family, and we are as upset as anyone can get about what the powers that be are doing to the company. And yet, whenever I tell my family about it, including my mother, they just will say, "Oh, well, there's nothing we can do about it." I was criticized of often being upset and not looking for happier news sometimes. That's why I would like to ask, is there any place I can go for positive news on Disney, where things are not always criticism every which way you look?

When I'm planning a trip I will usually avoid this forum. I agree that a lot of the negativity is justified - and believe me, I'm angry about a lot of things too, but there are many good things also. And some of the posts on here are very nit picky and things you would not experience or notice yourself. For a more positive spin, I'd watch some YouTube vloggers.

DfromATX

Probably best to learn Japanese and find a site that follows The Oriental Land Company.
Hmmm, what is that? Sounds like something my son would love. He loves all things Japanese and Disney, but too bad he doesn't speak Japanese. At one point I think he was trying to learn though...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Positive news ? Take all the conjecture you see on here and just file it under "banter" and don't even consider it. Make your own opinions based on your criteria.

I'm just finishing off a few weeks of food and wine and heading north before the storm and we had a great time. New favorite places to eat as well as.new.one to avoid.

Mickey5150

I personally think there's a lot of negativity here, and while a lot of that is justified, granted, I feel it gets really old really fast. We are all Disney fans in my family, and we are as upset as anyone can get about what the powers that be are doing to the company. And yet, whenever I tell my family about it, including my mother, they just will say, "Oh, well, there's nothing we can do about it." I was criticized of often being upset and not looking for happier news sometimes. That's why I would like to ask, is there any place I can go for positive news on Disney, where things are not always criticism every which way you look?
I'm 5 days into my WDW trip and it's as good or better than any trip I've taken in the last 40 years. As long as the hurricane stays away this will be a great trip.
My favorite youtuber for positivity is Provost Park Pass. It's mostly a Disneyland focused channel but they do spend some time at WDW and they were recently in Disneyland Paris.
Pixie Duster and proud to be.

thomas998

If you want rose colored glass info on Disney your best bet is to just go to youtube and watch videos done by vlogger that live and breath Disney. They tend to focus on what they enjoy in the parks and not bother with giving you any news on the reality of how management is destroying the place.

MickeyLuv'r

This. There’s a ton of positive stuff here but you won’t find it in threads dealing with politics, maintenance, staffing, supply chain issues, etc.

You can gauge the tone of 90% of the threads based on the title alone, if the title indicates someone is unhappy with cleanliness, maintenance, a policy change, etc it’s bound to collect people who’re also unhappy with those issues, if the title indicates it’s a photo sharing thread or a trip report you’re going to get a ton of photos and (mostly) happy memories.

The only threads that are hard to gauge are the news/construction/review threads and those are bound to be a combination of people who are happy and unhappy with the project.

Personally if I need a lift I jump to a trip report or photo thread. Very rarely do you see anything negative in either of those.
Huh, perhaps I should post one of my most recent visit. I've sorta always found trip reports a bit showy.

Except one I read years ago that was called something like "Why I will NEVER talk to my sister again." That one was a hoot! The best part was that she subbed the word "butterfly" and "flower" in place of every swear. So when quoting conversations, she used the words butterfly and flower quite often. The author did a great job writing, and the piece was very authentic. (It wasn't on this forum though.)

My most recent visit was a very mixed bag. I've posted the most important details, so I wont' repeat them here. Some WDW changes are great, others are not great. I come here for information so I can make the most of my visits. I don't want to waste money on something that isn't worthwhile, but I'll buy something that makes my visit better. I want to know both the pros and cons.

I used to post to another forum until SWGE opened. I was there the day it opened, and HS just wasn't crowded. By noon, it was clear that the opening day merchandise was not selling. CM's put it on carts, and they were hawking it outside the gift shops, begging people to buy it. But the forum gaslighted. They aggressively pulled any posts that were, IMO, factual. Only positive PR was allowed, and it was brazenly dishonest. HS had the biggest crowd EVER on SWGE opening day! MF is the most amazing ride! Galaxies Edge is 100% as immersive as the PR said it would be!

I take both the excessive positivity and the excessive negativity with a grain of salt. Maybe some folks work for WDW's competition?

MickeyLuv'r

One of the things that kept me on this forum v.s. any other was it had both. Some of the sites seemed to only stand for pixie dusters. I like when others have different opinions than mine, positive or negative. Does it get taken too far sometimes? Sure, on both fronts from everything is going to the toilet to things have never been better.

I will say this when it comes to the negativity. I would put money down that the overwhelming majority of people who have turned a bit more negative. Would rather not be down on Disney and would much rather be talking about how great everything is. I know that is how I am. Will we get back to that point? I don't think we will with current management unfortunately.
A positive element for me is that despite all the hardships of recent years, WDW still has many great employees. People are messy, and WDW employs 1,000's of people. Even the best employee can have a bad day, or be misunderstood. So not every employee is perfect, but it is clear that many WDW employees really care about doing a great job.

I'd also want to say the same about Universal. Ten or 15 years ago, Universal was not up to the same standards, but they seem pretty eager to attract customers with quality service. Again, not every employee is perfect, but many have gone out of their way to deliver great customer service when we have visited. They really appear to care about the place, and creating a fun experience, to serve quality food, and/or to help people find merchandise.

Spend time in the Shop of Wonders. Browse the art and talk to the staff. The shop features works from local artists (though on one recent visit it was temporarily where they sold Mardi Gras merch.) It is a surprising place to find in a theme park.

If both places retain people who care, then there's reason to think they can both improve. As WDW slides relative to Universal, I imagine they'll find ways to improve.

OrlandoRising

If all you want is positivity, then I think it's been thoroughly explained where you can find that. That's not really "news" because you're asking for it only to be delivered from one perspective and from sources that aren't going to be upfront about that perspective, which to me is the worst thing about this niche Disney parks media universe.

No vlogger is clear that they're never going to give something a negative review, and then the site that shall not be named and others aren't honest about their bias against the modern Disney company.

Raidermatt

Its very easy. There is TONS more positive content out there as compared to the negative. I'm not talking about the comments sections, where everyone is competing for likes and the only thing that "sells" is negativity. It is FAR more difficult to find sources who apply rationality and critical thinking and give honest, useful opinions.

That said, here are some live streamers who are generally very positive and also keep the chat sections on their live videos positive (You can also usually watch the videos after the fact):

Living in DIZ
ResortTV1
Attractions Live (Disneyland)
Cory Meets World
Drew in the Moment
Theme Park Steve (Disneyland)

Really, you can usually tell from the titles given to their videos whether the vlogger/streamer is taking a positive or negative stance. And they all have different personalities, so you are going to have to just try some and find the ones that work for you. Once you start viewing/subscribing, YouTube will offer you plenty of other suggestions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't think any news articles on WDWMAGIC.COM are negative, I always attempt to just keep with the facts.

Discussion on the forum is different, but that is user generated content and that tends to follow the current feelings towards the company any given time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom