Where can I go for positive news?

Chi84

Premium Member
What I don't understand also is the need to tear down people who still enjoy it. There is one poster who constantly calls people who go "suckers". Its almost like they are mad at Chapek AND anyone who goes. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
This is what I was getting at in my previous post, which I regret may have gone a bit too far. Attack the post if you must, but not the poster. It's okay if people who loved WDW the way it was post the reasons and lament the changes - it's not okay to take shots at other posters who still enjoy today's WDW despite its flaws. We should be mature enough to respect each others' right to express their opinions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Itā€™s been addressed many times. Itā€™s similar to supporting, no, living and breathing a sports team when theyā€™re falling down the table due to incompetent management. You hate the way itā€™s being run but still love the team.

Thereā€™s no doubt people still enjoy it. First timers will probably love it. But thereā€™s many more who remember how much better it used to be. I wrote my recent trip report. I mentioned plus points as well as the negatives. Awesome Planet was great. We loved Enchantment. New security and ferry procedures were very welcome. Rise is brilliant.

The growing tide of dissent canā€™t all be wrong. As I said, people will still enjoy it. But even Iā€™m surprised at the rising amount - across the board - who find major issue. And for those who love the place itā€™s annoying beyond belief seeing it happen. Quality and value can be very subjective. But when the same things are being said - right across the web by many different people - something is going wrong.
ā€¦queue the line of people that will say they agree with youā€¦then spend the next few days deconstructing your stance.

Enjoy.

dreday3

I've accepted that my more positive outlook for our WDW trips just isn't what people want to hear/read right now, so I've really limited what I respond to on the boards, don't visit as much.

And that's okay. Sometimes things are more positive and sometimes things are more negative.

I'm this enthusiastic about all the places we visit so at least I'm consistent. I just like to go on vacation. šŸ˜€

Chi84

Premium Member
I've accepted that my more positive outlook for our WDW trips just isn't what people want to hear/read right now, so I've really limited what I respond to on the boards, don't visit as much.

And that's okay. Sometimes things are more positive and sometimes things are more negative.

I'm this enthusiastic about all the places we visit so at least I'm consistent. I just like to go on vacation. šŸ˜€
Itā€™s kind of sad that you feel you have to limit the positive things about your actual experiences just because people donā€™t want to hear it.

Maybe thatā€™s why the trip report threads are usually so positive. People read all the negative stuff and then are shocked when they go to WDW and have a great time.

Last edited:

Br0ckford

Always take what you read on a forum with a heaping dose of salt. Sometimes people are just negative people regardless of what kind of vacation they have. Sometimes people have an agenda. Sometimes people's vacations truly go off the rails and they have legit reasons to be upset. Enjoy your trips and don't be ashamed to post you had a great time.

eliza61nyc

Itā€™s kind of sad that you feel you have to limit the positive things about your actual experiences just because people donā€™t want to hear it.

Maybe thatā€™s why the trip report threads are usually so positive. People read all the negative stuff and then are shocked when they go to WDW and have a great time.
I think it's very much human nature. It's why news stations say "if it bleeds, it leads" and why " misery loves company".

World_Showcase_Lover007

There is no positive news at Disney. So how could anyone possibly report any?

Like you said, you could got to sites that are going to lie to you but thatā€™s it. There are the pixie dust podcasters who ignore everything negative by putting their head in the sand but I donā€™t think youā€™ll sink that level.

Chi84

Premium Member

Like you said, you could got to sites that are going to lie to you but thatā€™s it. There are the pixie dust podcasters who ignore everything negative by putting their head in the sand but I donā€™t think youā€™ll sink that level.
I donā€™t know. I just got back from WDW and posted a pretty positive report (post # 130). Also, there are some very positive reports in the Trip Reports thread. There are negative things too but I think itā€™s going too far to say no one could post any positive news about Disney.

Lilofan

In the media world, bad news sells more than good news. Just look at any front page of the newspaper.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I don't understand also is the need to tear down people who still enjoy it. There is one poster who constantly calls people who go "suckers". Its almost like they are mad at Chapek AND anyone who goes. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Absolutely no one is a ā€œsuckerā€ for going to Orlandoā€¦itā€™s one of the largest entertainment complexes on earth and was built to be as suchā€¦

Now some of the products that they sell and call ā€œexperiencesā€ during the bobs era?

Oh yeahā€¦put like a target logo off 192 on your back as you try to talk it upā€¦

But you canā€™t throw the babies out with the magical bath water šŸ˜Ž

LittleBuford

There is no shortage of ill news about Disney nowadays.
I do feel that some of this is the result of what we become attuned to once we get a certain idea into our headsā€”a bit like when you hear a song you donā€™t know for the first time and then suddenly start hearing it everywhere. Thatā€™s not to say that the bad news you refer to isnā€™t out there, but thereā€™s also a lot of positivity that I think many are tuning out or dismissing out of hand (it happens in this forum all the time).

I am going to see for myself.
I hope you have a good time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom