• I live out of state and visit WDW at least once a year

Votes: 56 52.3%
  • I live out of state and visit WDW less than once a year

Votes: 29 27.1%

• Total voters

imagineer99

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
(everyone is gonna hate me for this)

I live in Central Florida, and dont go to Disney very often...only about 2 times a week. If not twice, def. once:D ... Its jsut aweful aint it?:D

I don't hate you, but I'd watch my step if I were you. You never know when a certan "accident" might occur. Muhahahahahahaahhahah! :lookaroun

Getting back on topic, I live in Virginia when not at school. I attend college at George Washington University in D.C. My family and I usually make a weekend trip once a year. (Weekends are WAY to short)

Foolish Mortal

Just outside Philly. Once a year. Unless I can hit a lottery number or a poker machine down Atlantic City.

Mmmmmm Alligator. Tried it a few times. Not bad. Their not just for shoes anymore.

Your right ISTC.....I hate you. But in an envious way.

ehren

South Carolina It's an 8-9 hr drive, but worth every second of it. We've managed a trip every year since 1996, with the exception of 2001.:wave:

jriddle

Kansas City.... Wife & I went in 1982, 1985. Then started taking going every year in 1999. Will now be going twice a year forever. Used to drive the 21 hours there. Got a taste of flying, only 2 hours in a jet.

AkEverestAK

i live in baltimore, we go down to Disney/Universal once a year. Its always sad leaving to come back to maryland.

We go in april and i always bring a new friend along.

(By the way, we dont like the TENNESSEE TITANS here in baltimore)

:animwink:

East Tennessee, with a current location in Clemson, South Carolina (yes, I was real popular during bowl week). My family makes an annual pilgrimage to WDW during my Spring Break.

And I too have eaten alligator...and it tasted like chicken. :D

Disneyfalcon

Omaha Nebraska - hi ddbutts1! - until this summer. And wherever in this country we live - courtesy of the Air Force - we try to make down once every year. Every two years at the most!

StevenT

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lee
Nah, in reasonable traffic, I can do it in 2.5.

2.5 you say? You must be doing 100 down I-95, or would you take the turnpike or something :confused:. Being the west coast man it's either I-75, or back roads. Takes me about 3 hours even.

Anyway it seems to me most people live out of Florida (Or out of the country, sorry I forgot that choice :zipit: ) and visit multiple times a year. Not to mention half the people here are planning to move to Florida (we want you honest :rolleyes: ). Just kidding.

mrtoad

Northern New Jersey, maybe 35 minutes outside of NYC. As a kid we went every year starting in 1973 ending in the mid 80s. I got married in 1993 and went for 1/2 of our honeymoon and went just about every other year ending in 2000 after my daughter was born. We go back at the end of this month for her first trip which brings me back into the every year catagory. I would love to go more than that, but we need to eat...

I do envy those who can go more often, I must be honest.

GoofyFan1

Plattsburgh, NY, the "true" upstate NY. We're 60 miles south of Montreal, on Lake Champlain.

Went twice last year and are hoping to make annual Christmas trips.

OliveMcFly

I'm from a horribly cold state named Pennsylvania. I usually get to WDW 3 times a year. With a direct flight it takes 2 hours from Philadelphia, but 5 hours with layovers. :hammer: As I'm sure all of you agree, WDW to home is not an easy transition.

TLS

Im in the Philly 'Burbs, and the last time I drove to WDW it took 13 hours and 50 minutes door to door. Non stop. 1035 miles. No speeding tickets. One fuel/bathroom stop. And this was when the speed limit was still 55!

It's all in the timing.

8 Different States, and one District of Columbia.

Hard to believe that someone in Louisiana could have a similar length drive and only drive through 4 states!

MelBelle

Central Texas (Austin). We go about once a year, although for awhile we were going 3-4 times a year. We've driven (18-20 hour drive), but most of the times it's flying :). I'm moving to Nebraska this year though, so not going to be able to go as often and will probably have to drive :(.

mrtoad

Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
I'm from a horribly cold state named Pennsylvania. I usually get to WDW 3 times a year. With a direct flight it takes 2 hours from Philadelphia, but 5 hours with layovers. :hammer: As I'm sure all of you agree, WDW to home is not an easy transition.

Cold is not the word tonight!

In regards to your comment about the transition home. My wife just said to me tonight in regards to our upcoming trip that part of her does not want to go because she dreads coming home. Kind of an odd way to think but I understand what she means.

That being said, no way I would not go...

FigmentJedi

I live in Iowa and go once every 3 years. Pity Me:( . We do try to do something fun and Disney related outside of seeing a disney movie.
Between 2000 trip and 2003 trip:
Disneyquest Chicago,Labor Day 2000
Disneyland,Spring 2001.
Post 2003 trip:
Lion King Musical in Chicago last Summer
Disney Store Salt Lake City Last Summer(did more then that, saw Mt.St Helens,Yellowstone, and Wall drug; the biggest tourist trap in them thar hills)
Disney Store Mall of America, Day after X-Mas

To keep myself sane until next time at Disneyland or WDW, I watch attraction videos and hang out here at the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom