When's the least crowded time you've ever visited Disney?

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
The last time..
The first week of August 2012.
We've always been at WDW over a 4th of July week in the past and we're used to bumper to bumper people and looooong standby lines. It felt like we had all four Parks to ourselves.
We'll see how our trip in May goes....o_O
We did the week leading up to Mother's Day in 2013. Crowds were low. Add that to good weather and it was perfect

sweetpee_1993

January 2004 was quietest on-site trip in my memory. Day trips as local seasonal passholders in the mid to late 80s were even better. By a loooong shot. Favorite time to go, however, was the week before Thanksgiving week 2010. Beautiful weather. Holiday decor was out. We had free dining. Not so insanely busy. It was just a great time.

Figments Friend

I would say the least crowded experience i have ever had during regular Guest hours at WDW would be the week i visited in September 2002.

I went during the one year anniversary of 9/11, as i knew nobody would be flying and business had slowed to a near stop in Orlando because of it.

It was surreal...and a nice change.
Had the plane half to myself, and the travel packages WDW was offering then to try to entice people down were insanely reasonable for the most part.

I will always remember being in EPCOT on September 11th, 2002 walking towards The Land, when a PA announcement was made noting that the Park was going to hold a moment of silence for the one year anniversary.
It was shortly before the 10:00 am-ish moment...and at the exact moment the plug was pulled on all the outdoor audio.
What few people were there that day stopped in their tracks as all the in-Park background music was turned off.
Folks just stood there, looking at each other from a distance kind of in a daze...realizing what was going on.
It was nice..but also a little melancholy.
After a few minutes the audio came back up and everyone continued on their way.

Yeah, that was quite surreal standing there in a perfectly quiet EPCOT.
You realize how important that scene setting background audio is...and how sparse the place feels without it.
I have been in the Park late at night after closing and experienced this, but it was unique to experience it with Guests around and in broad daylight!

Last edited:

mickey2008.1

December 2010 when the cold snap hit, lows in the high teens and highs around 35/40. All the palnts were covered and it looked so boring. It only lasted the six days we were there, and have not seen it that cold again. The crap of it was we were booked atnthe POLY. No lines anywhere, I think we were the only ones on tta at one point.

rodserling27

September 28 and 29, 2013 for me. Went with two friends from college for a day, then a day solo. Walked on to nearly everything at MK, I don't think we FP'd anything! Really neat time to go see WDW, especially considering I hadn't ever seen the park decorated for Halloween!

My families and I drove down a couple days after 9/11. We originally planned it that way and with all the money we had tied to the trip we still went. Never seen it as empty but understandably why it was.

I reflect back now and think about how a loss of money invested in a trip was more important than mourning a national tragedy.
I don't think you were necessarily NOT mourning a national tragedy. Everyone was trying to get back to life as we knew it, didn't President Bush even say we should do something like that? Going to WDW was probably therapeutic to help get life back to normal!

June 2010 when Harry Potter opened at Universal. 3 people riding the Haunted Mansion one morning, i couldn't believe it.
Really? I was there for a week in June 2010 and it was pretty darn busy every day (and HOT!). But then again most people don't spring for Haunted Mansion first thing in the morning.

rob45

September 28 and 29, 2013 for me. Went with two friends from college for a day, then a day solo. Walked on to nearly everything at MK, I don't think we FP'd anything! Really neat time to go see WDW, especially considering I hadn't ever seen the park decorated for Halloween!

I don't think you were necessarily NOT mourning a national tragedy. Everyone was trying to get back to life as we knew it, didn't President Bush even say we should do something like that? Going to WDW was probably therapeutic to help get life back to normal!

Really? I was there for a week in June 2010 and it was pretty darn busy every day (and HOT!). But then again most people don't spring for Haunted Mansion first thing in the morning.

We were at WDW the end of June 2010, crowds were light in the morning hours. Yes it was very hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom