When's the least crowded time you've ever visited Disney?

SMS55

Labot Day 2001. I had never seen the parks the empty before. The kids are back in school so I imagine that played a major factor, but it as crazy. We were done riding all of MK by like 1:30.

popsicletrees

Early September 2008 - if I wasn't a teacher I would visit in September every year. My past two trips have been during Fall Break in October (2012 & 2013), and they have been crowded!

Goofnut1980

I'd tell you... BUT then you would go and it would be busy... and then everyone would know! HEHEHEHE

Kidding. We love the 2nd week in December - great time and the parks are pretty.

G00fyDad

Mid-October 2005. Nearly a ghost town the entire week. A "walk on" with every ride until around 1:00pm. Then it got crazy busy and the lines jumped to 5 to 10 minutes long. Intolerable. ;)

R W B

September 18, 2001. WDW was a literal ghost town. Many rides weren't even running and the ones that were running were virtually empty. When's the last time you rode Space Mountain and your party of 4 were the only ones in there?
I get the date being a reason why but I don't understand why rides would be down, didn't have enough CMs?

zero creativity

We went for our honeymoon in early June 2002, people still weren't travelling after 9/11. They moved our reservations from POFQ to PORS because they didn't have the occupancy to run both. At least that is what I was told. We were able to ride almost everything in MK in no time at all, walked up for all meals with virtually empty restaurants.

NYwdwfan

This got me thinking to the least crowded visits i've experienced in my many visits and when they were. I came to the conclusion that I've never experienced it as quiet as in September of 2001 shortly after the twin towers tragically came down. Mrs M (who wasn't Mrs M back then) and I had booked to fly to America on 9/12 to get engaged and obviously the day after 9/11 all flights were cancelled. We got one of the first flights over as soon as the flights resumed and arrived in a very spooky and deserted feeling Orlando International Airport. We felt a little guilty coming over to enjoy ourselves so soon after in a country that had suffered such a terribly sad loss but reasoned that if you let terrorism stop you living your life as you want to, then you're letting them win?

My wedding was 9/15/2001. We arrived for 5 days in WDW on 9/18/2001. It was the first day that JFK airport in NY was re-opened after the attacks. It was creepy and surreal to walk under the train tracks and into MK and be able to count on 2 hands the number of people on Main Street. I remember they had characters wandering around the park - hadn't seen that since I was little.

I hope to never see those circumstances again.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I'd tell you... BUT then you would go and it would be busy... and then everyone would know! HEHEHEHE

Kidding. We love the 2nd week in December - great time and the parks are pretty.

Yes, I've done early December too in 1999. Was really quiet and then from about 20th onwards BOOM!, it went absolutely crazy.

Disvillain63

September 17-23, 1990 was great! We walked on to any ride or attraction. The characters wandered around the various lands to greet guests and pose for photos. You could dine without an ADR. Also, during the late 90's and early 2000's, the E-ticket nights were empty. It was wonderful! Again, rides/attractions opened and walk-on; CMs happy and socialable; characters freely roaming to meet and greet.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Arrive weekend after Labor Day & stayed for a week. Dead. Did FPs but didn't really have to. Was more like get a FP for one ride, ride a different one and then get off that and go on FP ride.

Same with the week leading up to Mother's Day.

UncleMike101

The last time..
The first week of August 2012.
We've always been at WDW over a 4th of July week in the past and we're used to bumper to bumper people and looooong standby lines. It felt like we had all four Parks to ourselves.
We'll see how our trip in May goes....o_O

AllydoesDisney

One of the best times was the week before Labor day. Although it was hot, the crowds were low. I want to make that an annual thing when I have kids.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Labot Day 2001. I had never seen the parks the empty before. The kids are back in school so I imagine that played a major factor, but it as crazy. We were done riding all of MK by like 1:30.
Similar experience Labor Day 2000. I distinctly remember riding Space about 10 times in a row without waiting in line more than a couple of minutes.

Ride > Exit > Briskly "walk" through empty queue > wait a train or 2 > ride again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom