When will Peter Pan get rehabbed!?

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Anyone got any info that it might be rehabbed soon? Seriously, every time I ride it, it feels like its going to crumble from under my feet out of pure neglect. The AAs are horribly dated, the SFX are terrible, and the tin foil in the volcano is just awful.

So does any one know if they're at least considering it? It really needs a HM style refurb.

Simba1

I respectfully disagree. I think of Peter Pan as timeless. I rode it last week and felt that it was still as beautiful as ever. Just my opinion.

ToTBellHop

the ride over at Disneyland is much better cared for...haven't heard anything about a Peter going into rehab in Florida, though. He needs to.

Are there many differences between the WDW and DL one? I skipped that ride last time I was out there, and I was thinking I should do it in Sept.

brkgnews

The ride got a maintenance rehab not too long ago -- maybe a year or two ago -- but no real upgrades inside, just spit-n-polish-n-paint. And fresh tin foil. :lookaroun

Hmmm ... with all the refurbs currently in the works, I guess it is possible that this ride could receive a little bit of attention - but nothing much.

the_rich

they need to do something...i go on it because i like to hit every ride when i go, but the effects are laughable...they could really make this ride shine if they update it.

bgraham34

they need to do something...i go on it because i like to hit every ride when i go, but the effects are laughable...they could really make this ride shine if they update it.

Thats part of the charm of the attraction. Its a timeless ride that does not need high tech animatronics to impress. At least in my opinion.

foxfire

I was a CM on the ride back in 2004 and, yes, it needs work. I was told by my trainer that, if an e-stop is done, that there's a chance it wouldn't restart w/o the maintenance team. Fortunately, after doing 3 e-stops that day, it started just fine.

erasure fan1

I think it could use a bit of a refresh as well. I dont think you need Captain Jack quality AAs but a few updates would be welcome. You dont need to go crazy with the effects because I always felt the ride was like riding through a storybook, So anything they add should maintain that. Freshen it up, add a few "pluses" and the big one, get rid of fast pass.

doop

I hadn't ridden Peter Pan's Flight since '01 before my trip this year and I have to say that I was thoroughly unimpressed with it. I would have to agree that it could use some sprucing up. Another problem I had was that it seemed like it went through the ride track so quickly that I didn't even get enough time to actually try and enjoy the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom