When is the End for Disney?

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
I hate to even think or say anyting about this. But do you think Disney is ever going to end? I mean what if they decide "Ok were gonna shut-down the Disney Company". There are probally going to be other parks in Orlando, and all over the place. Anyways is Disney going to go on for 300 years or what? I just dont think it's gonna happen. Again I say "I hate talking about this subject". But if you would i would like to hear you thoughts about this matter. Thanks! And Post!
:( :( :(

-SIR HISS-

no2apprentice

As long as the right people do the right things, Disney parks can be successful for a long, long time. Providing, of course, that our society doesn't evolve beyond (or below?) that form of entertainment.

SirNim

Disney will end when we finally end up blowing ourselves up... Which either destroys Earth completely or sends us back to the Dark Ages...:( :mad: :( :cry:

SirNim

But let's not turn this into a political discussion based on my prior post!:lol: :lol:
:)

:animwink: ;) :animwink:

Dizknee_Phreek

i'd say Disney will probably end sooner or later....nothing ever lasts forever! but as no2apprentice said, as long as the right decisions are made, Disney will hopefully be around for a long, long time! i'd say as long as there are families and imagination in the world, there will be Disney!

bailey5697

I have to say, if you think about it there will ALWAYS be parents that want their children to see Disney for the first time. Grandparents introducing Mickey to grandkids, etc. Little girls in their princess dresses meeting Cinderella. It's also the place people save and save, and sometimes never get there, dreaming what it would be like. AND, where would SuperBowl winners say they would go? "I'm going to the Grand Canyon" just doesn't cut it, LOL. :lol:

ToTBellHop

Disney will most likely be around long after we are all gone...it'll end eventually--but, everything ends eventually. I'll just say later rather than sooner.

BenS

I agree with SirNimajneb. Disney (world) will probably be around for the rest of human existance (on earth). If the Disney Corporation ever does go out of business, some other company will probably buy WDW (hey kids, let's go to Microsoft World! :dazzle: )

SewIn2Disney

What a morbid thought :(
But, on the other hand, Hershypark in Hershey PA has been around for the better part of a century and they're still going strong, adding new attractions every year. (Please don't yell at me for comparing Hershey to Disney, I know they are NOTHING alike, but it was just a comparisan...they are a small park and they've lasted this long, Disney is much bigger and will hopefully last much longer)
Just my two cents

dreamer

Disney will last as long as our economy can support it and as long as they can keep in step with what people want for entertainment.

I hope they last until my DVC membership ends in 2042.:lol:

This is kinda a sobering topic for me considering when i was growing up, i thought Opryland would always be there and i could take my kids there.. now it's just another F'N shopping mall in Nashville which we didn't need :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Disney was at the brink of speculation of being sold last year. They prospered and are still alive. They have too many opportunities to stay alive, they just make the wrong decisions. At 27, I'll be quite old before Disney dies, if they even do then.

drewDAK

Disney World almost ended in the 1980s.

At the time, Walt Disney Productions was in such bad shape fiscally that there was talk about splitting up the property amongst different corporations. Luckily, Michael Eisner stepped in and saved the company in 1984.

So, the next time all of you criticize Eisner, remember that HE was the one who saved Disney World!

BenS

:eek: You serious? They almost closed it? Man, I knew that they were in trouble back then, but I didn't know that they actually considered closing WDW.

BRER STITCH

:eek:

CAN YOU IMAGINE???

"Welcome to Tomorrowland..brought to you by Wal-Mart"
Our entire world is made of polyester. You can buy a house full of furniture for $100, but the churros will still cost ya $14 a piece!

"Welcome to Adventureland...brought to you by Pizza Hut"
The Adventure begins when you look under the cheese.

"Welcome to FantasyLand...brought to you by MTV"
Our programmers live in a fantasy land, shouldn't you?

"Welcome to Frontierland...brought to you by Marlboro"
We're the only ones left who still think cowboys are cool.

While it would be fun to watch one company try to orchestrate a "hostile takeover" of another companies land, Thank Goodness it never came to that!

LONG LIVE THE DISNEY CORPORATION! :lol:

CAPTAIN HOOK

To survive, Disney must evolve with technology and current trends and make significant investments to its business empire (maintainance and upkeep of the parks etc).
Look what happened to the dinosaurs :lookaroun

Disney4648

The Disney Company will be around for about another 15 years at the most.:( Proubably some huge company bigger than disney will come along and buy them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom