When is that major AP overhaul happening?

mickEblu

It's a token change. If they were serious they would get rid of payment plans or at least charge interest for a few years.

Maybe they agree with me that the pandemonium won’t be as crazy as everyone thinks? Or maybe they re addicted to the $$$. Probably the latter.

GiveMeTheMusic

In the meantime POTC opens in 6 days. Are you ready to spill the beans? 😊

Well I hope I wasn't wrong on this one. I saw the plans for the refurb awhile back to plus up the caves area and lips have become very tight since the refurb started. So I'm on pins and needles too - if they don't do what I was shown, I will be NOT HAPPY as it addressed one of my biggest grievances with the modern version of the ride.

Phroobar

Maybe they agree with me that the pandemonium won’t be as crazy as everyone thinks? Or maybe they re addicted to the $$$. Probably the latter.
Given the current internet climate toward Star Wars, the fan boys will probably hate everything about Star Wars land because it has no original trilogy characters or vehicles. It won't be "their" Star Wars but "Disney's Star Wars" so the internet will be outraged. Where is Darth Vader? Where is Han, Luke and Leia? Where is R2-D2 and C-3PO? I'm sure BB-8 will be there in force. Internet sheepeople will stay away in droves and it will be the opening year of DCA all over again. We all know the HOB will stay away.

mickEblu

Well I hope I wasn't wrong on this one. I saw the plans for the refurb awhile back to plus up the caves area and lips have become very tight since the refurb started. So I'm on pins and needles too - if they don't do what I was shown, I will be NOT HAPPY as it addressed one of my biggest grievances with the modern version of the ride.

Hmmm I’m so intrigued by how the perfection known as the caverns could be improved. I guess we ll know soon.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

And? Again as I said I have nothing actually invested in this. Note though that by changing to park specific blockout they can now make further changes based on crowd projections. That what this line means "Admission to the Parks will continue to remain subject to capacity restrictions and other closures. " So if for example they decide SW:GE need more blockouts, DL now can be freely blocked out on the fly and they just tell APs to go to DCA.

Last edited:

mickEblu

And? Again as I said I have nothing actually invested in this. Note though that by changing to park specific blockout they can now make further changes based on crowd projections. That what this line means "Admission to the Parks will continue to remain subject to capacity restrictions and other closures. " So if for example they decide SW:GE need more blockouts, DL now can be freely blocked out on the fly and they just tell APs to go to DCA.

Lol I’m done.

mickEblu

Given the current internet climate toward Star Wars, the fan boys will probably hate everything about Star Wars land because it has no original trilogy characters or vehicles. It won't be "their" Star Wars but "Disney's Star Wars" so the internet will be outraged. Where is Darth Vader? Where is Han, Luke and Leia? Where is R2-D2 and C-3PO? I'm sure BB-8 will be there in force. Internet sheepeople will stay away in droves and it will be the opening year of DCA all over again. We all know the HOB will stay away.

Yeah my brother in law is one of those people. Huge Star Wars fan but he’s also a huge fan of the new trilogies but he’s a stickler for details and I can’t help but remember some of his issues with Star Tours. So I’m sure he’ll find some inconsistencies he’s not thrilled with but it won’t because of the newer characters. With that said if Nien Nunb (or whatever his name is) will be there isn’t there a good chance all the characters you mentioned will be there too?

JD2000

You could also make the educated guess that Disney has prepared for a week or two of soft opening to precede June 21. ;)

JD2000

It's important to note that the release says this is the "first step in reshaping our Annual Pass program". Key words there
But what else can be done? Disney could raise prices and/or remove the monthly payment option, but neither of those are likely to do much.

This has me intrigued. :p

fctiger

I agree it’s pretty fair but it’s just moving the insanity to August / September instead of June/ July. Anyway, what this did do is increase the value of Signature passes and up. I just might renew now. How many deluxes will move up though? (EDIT: Nevermind, it looks Deluxes aren’t effected very much).

Well yes and no. But the early summer is when the crowds are insane. I remember allllllllllll the crazy predictions for CL and yes June and July was insane for sure. By the time the end of August rolled around it was just average attendance. I was actually staying at the resort a few days for labor day weekend with friends and the resort was dead. RSR had a 20 minute wait and this was the first summer.

Yes probably overall the park was more busy than usual but the crowds were gone as they are gone every year. My guess is this is what Disney is thinking with GE because kids really do have to go back to school and less out of towners show up which means more Apers come.

And as for Deluxe it may not be that bad as well because while they are definitely blocked from DL second half of June I checked and they can actually go to DCA every day that month including Saturdays. That is definitely a change so they are really trying to compromise as best they can. And if you really want to see GE as soon as possible and as much as possible then yeah buy a Signature pass. You still have the exact same option if you want to go every day as before, you simply have to pay a little more.

fctiger

It's important to note that the release says this is the "first step in reshaping our Annual Pass program". Key words there

At this point the only thing left is money issues. They may take away the monthly pass but that would seem like plain suicide to me. We know they will definitely raise the prices obviously.

As far as actual visits they may include more block out dates since we don't know what the rest of next year looks like yet but the signature passes seem pretty safe. Or maybe they may take away park hopping options? But that seem like that would've been done in June as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom