When is that major AP overhaul happening?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They include that verbiage in case of an emergency or some crazy unforeseen circumstance that admission may not be granted. Not for 60 or so days that may be added to AP blackout dates due to SWL land. That’s the kind of stuff that they ll want to let their customers know of beforehand.
We’ll see how it plays out. But like I said I’m not going to be surprised even if the announcement comes only a few short months before opening.

Oh and that verbiage is added to allow them to make any type of change they want. It’s standard in similar type contracts.

mickEblu

We’ll see how it plays out. But like I said I’m not going to be surprised even if the announcement comes only a few short months before opening.

Oh and that verbiage is added to allow them to make any type of change they want. It’s standard in similar type contracts.

Just because they can technically make a change doesn’t mean they would ever Spring 30 to 60 blackout dates on existing annual passes. Again, common sense. I’d like to hear customer service point 1000s of APs to the fine print in the contract after they ve booked hotels and flights around certain dates that were valid at time of purchase.

The smart move is for them to open the land in July when most APs are blacked out anyway. Then maybe add another 30 days of blackouts to at least Deluxe and lower into late September. Of course, so long as they have provided the blackout dates to the pass holders at least a year in advance.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just because they can technically make a change doesn’t mean they would ever Spring 30 to 60 blackout dates on existing annual passes. Again, common sense. I’d like to hear customer service point 1000s of APs to the fine print in the contract after they ve booked hotels and flights around certain dates that were valid at time of purchase.

The smart move is for them to open the land in July when most APs are blacked out anyway. Then maybe add another 30 days of blackouts to at least Deluxe and lower into late September. Of course, so long as they have provided the blackout dates to the pass holders at least a year in advance.
Since we don’t know what changes they are going to make I think it’s a little premature to say what they will or won’t do.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol. Why?
Because we’re both just expressing opinion, and in the end on this I don't care if I'm right or not. I have nothing invested in them announcing a AP program change in any specific time frame. But you seem to be invested in a specific time frame, maybe because it affects you personally, I don't know. So for your sake I hope you're right because I'd like to think we're forum buddies even if we disagree. :)

mickEblu

Because we’re both just expressing opinion, and in the end on this I don't care if I'm right or not. I have nothing invested in them announcing a AP program change in any specific time frame. But you seem to be invested in a specific time frame, maybe because it affects you personally, I don't know. So for your sake I hope you're right because I'd like to think we're forum buddies even if we disagree. :)

Hahah yes we are and thanks but I’m not really invested. My AP expires this November and im most likely taking a break for a year or two.

drizgirl

Sure. But it would be a PR disaster. I'm sure they're trying to avoid that if possible.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sure. But it would be a PR disaster. I'm sure they're trying to avoid that if possible.

Like I said to my buddy mickeblu, I have nothing invested in this. So its going to be what ever its going to be. For all we know Disney may end up doing nothing but change prices, not likely, but a possibility. It could be announced next week and it wouldn't surprise me. It could also be announced in Jan/Feb 2019 and that wouldn't surprise me. Whatever they decide won't surprise me.

Only thing I know for sure, when whatever they do is announced, we'll all be back here and multiple other threads commenting, discussing, dissecting, questioning, and just plain bi*ching over the announcement.

drizgirl

Like I said to my buddy mickeblu, I have nothing invested in this. So its going to be what ever its going to be. For all we know Disney may end up doing nothing but change prices, not likely, but a possibility. It could be announced next week and it wouldn't surprise me. It could also be announced in Jan/Feb 2019 and that wouldn't surprise me. Whatever they decide won't surprise me.

Only thing I know for sure, when whatever they do is announced, we'll all be back here and multiple other threads commenting, discussing, dissecting, questioning, and just plain bi*ching over the announcement.
Except that, and I could be wrong here, but aren't they overdue on AP increases already? Park hoppers went up in February but did APs go up yet?

drizgirl

So is asking $300 to go on some 17 year old carny rides for a few hours, but I don't think they care too much at this point.

However they can, the APs will show up for Star Wars no matter what.
Which is why I think there is some major restructuring coming. I just think they won't change anything on existing APs in spite of having a clause that allows it.

JD2000

I am surprised Disney has yet to announce more blackout dates for 2019. They could very well be planning not to give a year notice and to just get AP holders to upgrade (or buy regular tickets at some discount?). I mean, unless they believe 1 1/2 to 2 month of blackout dates on two bottom tier passes is enough and open in June 2019.

mickEblu

I am surprised Disney has yet to announce more blackout dates for 2019. They could very well be planning not to give a year notice and to just get AP holders to upgrade (or buy regular tickets at some discount?). I mean, unless they believe 1 1/2 to 2 month of blackout dates on two bottom tier passes is enough and open in June 2019.

There is no chance of them adding blackout dates to current valid annual passes. I’m really having a hard time understanding how anyone thinks this is a real option. So all this tells me is Star Wars Land will not be open to the public one year from today. I’d put my money on the changes being announced between late June and mid July.

JD2000

There is no chance of them adding blackout dates to current valid annual passes. I’m really having a hard time understanding how anyone thinks this is a real option. So all this tells me is Star Wars Land will not be open to the public one year from today. I’d put my money on the changes being announced between late June and mid July.
I also doubt they would. But you never know. You are probably right though.

mickEblu

I also doubt they would. But you never know. You are probably right though.

I’m not even sure if legally they could intentionally lower the value of a pass by 10-20% and get away with it. The verbiage in the current contract is to protect them in the case of unforeseen circumstances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom