When is that major AP overhaul happening?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m not even sure if legally they could intentionally lower the value of a pass by 10-20% and get away with it. The verbiage in the current contract is to protect them in the case of unforeseen circumstances.

I'm not sure why legally you think they can't. Its just like a credit card, the credit card companies change fees, APR, features (such as travel blockouts) all before your "anniversary" date. They use similar verbiage as Disney used with APs. The verbiage is used for any number of circumstances, not just emergencies. So other then in the court of public opinion where it maybe considered "illegal" but in actual law, its legal.

Phroobar

source.gif

mickEblu

I'm not sure why legally you think they can't. Its just like a credit card, the credit card companies change fees, APR, features (such as travel blockouts) all before your "anniversary" date. They use similar verbiage as Disney used with APs. The verbiage is used for any number of circumstances, not just emergencies. So other then in the court of public opinion where it maybe considered "illegal" but in actual law, its legal.

I disagree but appreciate your input.

DanielBB8

June 2019 blockout dates arrived. Check them out. Deluxe are blocked out the entire week after June 21st. I suspect this is when Star Wars Land opens.

Travel Junkie

Hot off the press:

Dear Valued Annual Passholder:

From the limited-time Pixar Fest celebration to the upcoming Pixar Pier opening on June 23, 2018, it’s an incredible time at the Disneyland® Resort! In addition, we recently announced our most ambitious project, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge -- opening summer 2019 at the Disneyland® Resort! For an exciting sneak preview of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge click here.

With unparalleled experiences, both classic and new across both Parks at the Disneyland® Resort, the Annual Passport program will now be moving to Park-specific calendars beginning June 2019. This means that Blockout Dates will apply to one or both Theme Parks depending on the pass type purchased. Admission to the Parks will continue to remain subject to capacity restrictions and other closures. To view the calendar for the latest schedule and for more information, please click here.

The Annual Passport program will continue to provide our valued Passholders year-round magic at both Theme Parks, world-class entertainment, special discounts, offers and opportunities.

Please note, if you purchased and activated your Annual Passport prior to June 1, 2018, your Passport will not be affected until renewal, and you will still continue to have the same Park access based on the Passport type you currently hold.

Thank you for your continued loyalty.

Stevek

Park specific blackout dates have now been announced. Disneyland will be much tougher for APs to visit come June of next year. All So Cal pass versions will no longer be able to visit DL at all during that month. Smart move by Disney. Will be confusing for many but had to be done...let the AP rage begin, especially those that thought they would be spending every day they weren’t blocked out visiting Galaxy’s Edge.

Stevek

I love that Disney announced this in June 2, the day after the deadline to keep existing blackout dates.

mickEblu

We’ll have to learn crowds all over again. For example, just how crowded will DCA be when So Cal passes are blocked out of Disneyland? Will Disneyland actually be less busy in spite of having SWL?

Maybe they agree with me that the pandemonium won’t be as crazy as most think? Or maybe they re addicted to the $$$. Probably the latter.

Last edited:

fctiger

This 'overhaul' actually sounds fine and fair. They blocked out the lower passes (as expected) but the high end passes stay the same. And even the lower passes are not completely blocked out they still have DCA as an option (although I guess for some thats close to torture ;)). The Signature (and my guess Premier) are left alone and the monthly payments stay as before.

This seems to be a pretty fair deal IMO. The only pass that probably has the biggest change is the deluxe and we still don't know if its blocked from DL most of the summer. My guess is they will probably have dates in July and August as well, just more limited than before.

Disney has to do something for next year and this seems like a pretty fair compromise. My guess is the prices are going to jump higher than LeBron James though so it may limit a lot more people from buying them next year when the next price hike comes. When was the last one?

mickEblu

This 'overhaul' actually sounds fine and fair. They blocked out the lower passes (as expected) but the high end passes stay the same. And even the lower passes are not completely blocked out they still have DCA as an option (although I guess for some thats close to torture ;)). The Signature (and my guess Premier) are left alone and the monthly payments stay as before.

This seems to be a pretty fair deal IMO. The only pass that probably has the biggest change is the deluxe and we still don't know if its blocked from DL most of the summer. My guess is they will probably have dates in July and August as well, just more limited than before.

Disney has to do something for next year and this seems like a pretty fair compromise. My guess is the prices are going to jump higher than LeBron James though so it may limit a lot more people from buying them next year when the next price hike comes. When was the last one?

I agree it’s pretty fair but it’s just moving the insanity to August / September instead of June/ July. Anyway, what this did do is increase the value of Signature passes and up. I just might renew now. How many deluxes will move up though? (EDIT: Nevermind, it looks Deluxes aren’t effected very much).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom