When does the "Magic Experience" begin?

Scorpiotiger

Original Poster
First off hello to everyone as this is my first post. It's good to know there are other fanatics who are as intrigued by Disney as I am.

Just curious when/where the magic begins for others.

Everytime my wife and I go to WDW we have to start at MK on our first day. We made the mistake of starting at EPCOT one year and the rest of the trip just wasn't the same. It seems like the whole "magic experience" is set-off by going to MK first.

Thanks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Realistically, the experience starts when the booking confirmation arrives from the travel agents - its planning all the way from then. After that it starts in earnest when the taxi arrives to take us to the airport :sohappy:

zurgandfriend

For me the magic begins when I check my bags and know that I'm on my way. It builds as I board the magical express and get to the resort. It gets more intense when I get on the monorail and hear "Please stand clear of the door" DS and I burst out laughing at this point as we know after months of planning we are finally there. As I walk into the Magic Kingdom (we always have to go to MK the first day) and look up Main Street DW (who says she can take WDW or leave it) puts her hand in mine and gives it a squeeze. At that point I say to her "Glad we came back?" and she says "yes." Of course after each visit I have to save the money for our next trip and convince DW to go back again but I think that's a just game we play.

dznygirl64

Mine starts when I pick out my rental car in the emerald isle and drive out of the airport.Cant imagine getting off Airtran then getting on a bus.

Fizbain32

We always joke that our first ride in Disney is the shuttle / monorail from the gate to the main terminal at MCO. That is pretty much when we start to "feel it"

Dads 2 Boys

For me the magic begins when I check my bags and know that I'm on my way. It builds as I board the magical express and get to the resort. It gets more intense when I get on the monorail and hear "Please stand clear of the door" DS and I burst out laughing at this point as we know after months of planning we are finally there. As I walk into the Magic Kingdom (we always have to go to MK the first day) and look up Main Street DW (who says she can take WDW or leave it) puts her hand in mine and gives it a squeeze. At that point I say to her "Glad we came back?" and she says "yes." Of course after each visit I have to save the money for our next trip and convince DW to go back again but I think that's a just game we play.

Mine is almost identical............Once we pass under the WDW sign on the way from the airport I get so giddy it's ridiculous. I'm wondering if it will be tempered with the kids.....but I doubt it. :lol:

And I agree that going to MK first seems to be a necessity to begin. We're going with 4 newbies in December and they keep asking why we're going to MK first and the answer remains the same........"Because you do!!!!" :lol:

foreverbelle

We always joke that our first ride in Disney is the shuttle / monorail from the gate to the main terminal at MCO. That is pretty much when we start to "feel it"

We say the same thing!

I think we always get excited when we ride the shuttle/monorail over its like all the planning and that is finally here....

Cindy'sBruno

mine is when i walk up and put my resort card through and boom im transported out of the world i know to the most wonderful place on earth.

TinkSassy

Mine is walking up to the gates at MK! The anticipation is great and I love planning (but that's the moment when I breathe and suspend the outside world).

rsoxguy

The instant that I decide to go and then start to make plans. Arrival at WDW is just a continuation of the thrill.

Lisalyn

Mine starts

when I start seeing the signs on the highway...you are 10 miles from Disney World or whatever...

actually, it starts in the car the morning I leave to drive down...so who am I kidding! LOL :ROFLOL:

DisneyCanuck

This time around will be when the alarm goes off @ 2:00am to wake us for a 3:00 departure to the airport. Usually start in MK but deviating this year by starting where we left off in '06 - DHS.

sublimesting

First off hello to everyone as this is my first post. It's good to know there are other fanatics who are as intrigued by Disney as I am.

Just curious when/where the magic begins for others.

Everytime my wife and I go to WDW we have to start at MK on our first day. We made the mistake of starting at EPCOT one year and the rest of the trip just wasn't the same. It seems like the whole "magic experience" is set-off by going to MK first.

Thanks.

Welcome! I agree, we have to go to MK first. Not only that we have to go towards Adventureland! Last year we did Halloween for the first time and flew the first time did not start at ADventureland and things didn't feel right the whole time. For me the magic starts upon check in as we usually drive.

Wishes 1971

For me, the anticipation starts while on the Dinsey website booking. However, the "real" magic begins once I see the first Disney landmark....it doesn't matter if it's Downtown Disney, the resort, or whatever....once your there, you enter another world.....

Scorpiotiger

Original Poster
Mine is almost identical............Once we pass under the WDW sign on the way from the airport I get so giddy it's ridiculous. I'm wondering if it will be tempered with the kids.....but I doubt it. :lol:

And I agree that going to MK first seems to be a necessity to begin. We're going with 4 newbies in December and they keep asking why we're going to MK first and the answer remains the same........"Because you do!!!!" :lol:

Passing under the big WDW sign when entering onto the property is definitely when the giddyness kicks in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom