When does the feeling hit you?

jacksnightmare

Original Poster
I have almost become restless about my trip coming up next month. I have tried to watch the planning dvds, read these forums, read the Ultimate Guide, and the Disney Magazine, but nothing is helping. So I was thinking about how my morning usually goes right before I leave for the trip. I pack, shower, say goodbye to my pets, and my parents. Get to the airport and pop a few xanex, have a shot and get on the plane. I try to sleep on the plane but I usually do word search puzzles or read. Once that plane lands in MCO I get this amazing feeling. Then I have to go on the monorail for luggage pickup and that feeling hits harder. After that I go into a daze for the rest of the day. By morning it hits me that I am really "home." I get my coffee and a few breakfast plates for the misses that will still be sleeping in the room. We always go to DTD on the first night and pin trade or shop, that is still our routine for this trip. We just recently remade our itenary and I have tried to read it and picture what happens in my head but it does not help. I think I need help.

DisneySam

The feeling usually hits me when we see the Mickey Power lines on I-4 driving to Orlando the next 10-15 minutes I swear feels like days until you get to the Walt Disney World sign. That's when it hits me. I really can relate to what you mean by you realize you're "home." All my misc. daily thoughts about work, school, whatever disappear once I drive through that gate. We usually do the same thing go to DTD the first night. If I am lucky enough to be at WDW for a whole week I like to spend the 1st day and the last day at the MK. Its just how I want to remember the trip, classic.

Melerella

That feeling you get when you arrive is soo amazing. Everything up to that point is a waiting game really.

April 24th is our 90days and we can make reservations, so that's our "checkpoint", if you will.

The plane ride there I try to sleep, and I usually do for only about 15min. The ride itself from Philly Int'l is only 2-3hrs.

But the feeling I get is passing into the WDW sign. You are THERE!! = ).

TheDisneyGirl02

When I get onto I-4 after exiting 95...that's when I start to get that feeling. Getting closer to property, where I recognize where I am, it gets stronger and it's almost exploding until I get the hotel...I love the feeling when I see the Castle for the first time on my trip. It's an emotion I would love to bottle and open up when I'm having a bad day.

TheDisneyGirl02

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Over the last year or so we have been staying with a friend that lives off 535. Shortly after we leave his house you can see the Contemporary resort off in the distance that’s when I know I’m going home.

disneytati

It gets me when I finish packing and take the taxi to go to the Airport. Oh... I just love that feeling....... And when I get to I-4, and see the signs.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

brich

lol, me too! Usually my wife and I get on with others heading towards WDW and there are monorail jokes galore!
My favorite is when someone on the Airport monorail said, "What? They don't do the Por Favor thing anymore?"... :lol:

ditzeechick02

I get the feeling when I am leaving for the Airport... I am so anxious and excited I can't wait. I have 1 Month from today until I get to WDW and I can't wait. I have a countdown on the chalk board in my kitchen lol I have to change it every morning before I go to class! Hey, Jacksnightmare, when are you going? I'm from the Chicago area too and we're leaving May 19th staying at Pop Century!

jacksnightmare

Original Poster
We have stayed in the 80's before. It was some walk to get to the busses though. This time I know we are staying in the 50's, or whatever year is right by the main building. Happy Birthday! You can now drink around the world, that is what I did last year after turning 21. I am taking my girlfriend on this trip for our 3 year anniversary. The margaritas in Mexico are amazing.

SirNim

Rolling my luggage out of the trunk and onto the curb at the local airport on a dark, brisk spring morning wearing my watch and a backpack loaded with "supplies" including photographic equipment and bubble gum. :)

Jekyll Baker

I think the feeling starts hitting me when I see the Welcome to Walt Disney World gate spanning one of the three roads into the world, and then it hits me full on when I get out of the car to check in to that visit's resort of choice. And if it's just a day trip, then it really hits me when I enter the turnstiles.

NIU EE

i always warm up at universal studio for a couple days. i always grab a bite to eat the morning i arrive at the polynesian in the concierge lounge. you can look out the window at the MK and thats when it hits.

Are you kidding? We go to WDW every December (for 10 years now) and already I am dealing with "that feeling." It never really goes away, but when it behaves itself it steps into the background so that I can pay attention to other things. But when there's some free time and one of the kids says something like, "Dad, this year can we go/do/see such-and-such at DisneyWorld," that feeling steps right up and commands attention. We'll visit the website, look at old brochures, pop in a dvd, or a number of other things and just revel in "that feeling." In all these years of going we leave on Saturday morning and I take the Friday before off to run the errands and get things ready in a more organized fashion; thus, "that feeling" comes into full bloom on Thursday evening when I shut off my computer, turn off the light to my office, and walk out the door. It is then that my mind and my heart are in DisneyWorld--belong to DisneyWorld-- even though my body won't be there for another 24 hours.

ditzeechick02

jacksnightmare said:
We have stayed in the 80's before. It was some walk to get to the busses though. This time I know we are staying in the 50's, or whatever year is right by the main building. Happy Birthday! You can now drink around the world, that is what I did last year after turning 21. I am taking my girlfriend on this trip for our 3 year anniversary. The margaritas in Mexico are amazing.

really, you thought it was a walk to the busses? We stayed there last time we went and we didn't think it was long at all. We cut through the parking lot and got there! :) happy anniversary!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom