When does Leave a Legacy LEAVE?

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I'm sure I'm not the only one that truly hates walking though all of that to get into Epcot. Honestly, I feel like I'm walking through a tomb or memorial, and it kinda creeps me a bit. :shrug:

At least move it from the entrance.

mls

Me too!

I lost my son in there when he was 4years old... I know, I'm a terrible parent. But, seriously? It's not like you can call out and ask him what he's next to... it's all the same and should be moved to the sides. We are on it somewhere and I can honestly say we've never looked for ourselves.

kstella

I know people generally don't like them, but my family and I have a couple tiles on them, including a memorial one for my brother. I hope that Disney decides to put them off to the side somewhere and not get rid of them entirely.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It could very easily be fixed by rotating the tombs...err, monoliths? the other direction, so they're not blocking everyone's way...that's what really bothers me about them.

s8film40

I think (not 100% sure though) that the contract for them was 10 years. So it would be 10 years from when they last sold them. I think they will definitely go at some point as they don't seem to hold up too well in the sunlight, many are faded. They certainly wont want to have to pay to keep replacing them.

Gator

I like them where they are. It throws an almost sci-fi-ish look to the front of Future World. Plus, I've got a picture there on the obelisk row closest to the gate, so I get to go see a picture of what was my greatest trip to WDW. Keep'em there.

rkelly42

I really do not have a problem with them, plus how much time do you really spend at the entrance to the park. I walk right by to SSE and begin enjoying my day at Epcot.

S

stphnbogert

The first time I went to Epcot last year I loved them. I thought it was such a neat idea. I unfortunately found out that they have been discontinued. Maybe it will be something that will be brought back up in the 50th? It won't cost Disney anything to start the Leave a Legacy again and would bring something back from the past (regardless of how old it is).

MissM

They are an eyesore. And they're so sporadically filled that it really detracts from the presentation. Some sections in seemingly random order just don't have tiles, or only some tiles, etc. If it were uniformly empty or uniformly filled, it would probably help a little but...they're definitely just...there. And ugly.

worldfanatic

They are an eyesore. And they're so sporadically filled that it really detracts from the presentation. Some sections in seemingly random order just don't have tiles, or only some tiles, etc. If it were uniformly empty or uniformly filled, it would probably help a little but...they're definitely just...there. And ugly.

Amen!!!!!!!!!
Every word.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I feel like i'm at some memorial when i'm at leave a legacy. When I see my face on that metal slab it kind of creeps me out. I rather find my fingerprints on the Italy pavilion guardrails from when I accidentally touched them with wet paint.

cblodg

I think (not 100% sure though) that the contract for them was 10 years. So it would be 10 years from when they last sold them. I think they will definitely go at some point as they don't seem to hold up too well in the sunlight, many are faded. They certainly wont want to have to pay to keep replacing them.

Some of them are so worn and faded you can't even tell there WAS something on that tile.

Susan Savia

I like them. Husband and I have our picture on it and its the first thing we check out each trip. Move them...okay, but don't get 'rid' of them. How many seconds does it take to walk past them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom