When do you start Packing

sgtmgd

In my best Hatter Scottish accent...and Inspired in part by @DisneyDebNJ

How early do you pack for your trip to WDW...

THis started with a comment to Deb a few minutes ago when I laughingly told her my better half after buying new luggage last week proceeded to do what she called a "dry run" and packed her suitcase Friday night for a trip 23 days away..btw the suitcase is still packed..ROFL..I'm being told that to unpack it would be counterproductive......

Deb chimed in that she has her spare bedroom decked out in outfits and accessories AND is Ironing her Husbands shirts for their Disney Cruise in 22 days....lol

SO Disney Mousekateers...please educate me on Disney packing rules...

DisneyDebNJ

In my best Hatter Scottish accent...and Inspired in part by @DisneyDebNJ

How early do you pack for your trip to WDW...

THis started with a comment to Deb a few minutes ago when I laughingly told her my better half after buying new luggage last week proceeded to do what she called a "dry run" and packed her suitcase Friday night for a trip 23 days away..btw the suitcase is still packed..ROFL..I'm being told that to unpack it would be counterproductive......

Deb chimed in that she has her spare bedroom decked out in outfits and accessories AND is Ironing her Husbands shirts for their Disney Cruise in 22 days....lol

SO Disney Mousekateers...please educate me on Disney packing rules...
LOLOL!!!!! Well... in all honesty, I *prepare* about a month out.. my vacation train of thought, starts with a visit to the vet for my three dogs and make their reservations for the canine condos. This sets me into shopping mode... LOL Toiletries and such, check to make sure pants still fit :rolleyes: etc. Id say three weeks out, I have most things ironed, laid out and planned. A week from our departure, I'm set, just need to pack the daily necessities! Like I had said in an earlier post, it's the *just in case something unexpected comes up* theory.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Original Poster
@sgtmgd look at it this way... Mrs. Sgt. is actually doing you a HUGE favor and saving you $$$$. By doing a dry run, she can see if the luggage is a few lbs over... can you imagine being at the airport and finding out you need to pay extra!?!?!?!? You GO girl!!!!! ;)

I already plan for the $75.00 over the limit fee...ROFL..if not going down for the return trip!

Upvote 0

Mukta

I start packing almost as soon as I book the trip! I throw in my mister, some toiletries etc.

About a month or 2 before the trip, I start looking at clothes I already have and decide what I want to buy for the trip. Then I pack those.

I leave in 15 days for my next trip, and I have been 100% packed for about a week now. Suitcase is waiting by the door.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The packing list is done months before our trip. A week before we leave, I do all of the laundry and "pre-pack," organizing each person's clothes into their own extra laundry basket. (This way, I can keep everything together and be sure it's all there, without stuffing it into the luggage to get wrinkled yet.)

The day before we leave, we pack all of the clothes we're taking, add all of the food and miscellanous items (e.g., cell phone chargers, nightlights, etc.), and lay out our traveling clothes.

Thanks to the list, I never have to worry that we missed something. :)

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

The packing list is done months before our trip. A week before we leave, I do all of the laundry and "pre-pack," organizing each person's clothes into their own extra laundry basket. (This way, I can keep everything together and be sure it's all there, without stuffing it into the luggage to get wrinkled yet.)

The day before we leave, we pack all of the clothes we're taking, add all of the food and miscellanous items (e.g., cell phone chargers, nightlights, etc.), and lay out our traveling clothes.

Thanks to the list, I never have to worry that we missed something. :)

Weather_Lady, I do this too! (except my packing list is only made a month out)

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

A list for myself is made up (and adjusted) a month or two out. My wife gets her stuff together about 2 weeks out and my kids about the same. We pack in "outfits"...meaning we pack a shirt with a pair of shorts that match. Makes things easier in our opinion.

We generally go in the fall or early winter here in the northeast so it's easy to get everything out since we're not wearing our shorts, etc in Nov/Dec.

Upvote 0

twinfo3728

I start "gathering" items about 6 months out. Stuff like toiletries (little deodorant, hairsprays, so cute :), new beach towels, flip flops, vitamins, stuff like that. I have a check list so things are put in the suitcase over that time and are checked off. Once they enter the suitcase, they are not allowed out of the case once they are checked off. We also do outfits and to save time I pack them on hangers, shirts on top, bottoms underneath, usually the weekend before. So we just hang the clothes up and we are done, once we get to Disney. The outfits we take are usually warmer outfits since the weather here has turned colder. All other items like my flat iron, or stuff that is too expensive or crazy to duplicate is done the night before or when I am done with it (girls gotta make an attempt to look good, even if it is 4 AM and off to the airport).

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I start revising my packing list the week after I get home even if I don't have my next trip planned. I have one suitcase that's just for Disney and there's always lanyards, wet naps, and a few other Disney only odds and ends in it at all times. For our June trip packing started Christmas day with some of the stuff we got for our trip that was under the tree. I'm usually totally packed about 2 or 3 weeks out. Packing lists triple checked directions printed out, maps, electronics for the kids, cameras and memory, everything but the food for the ride. I am normal aren't I?:Do_O:D:eek:

Upvote 0

ToyStoryMiss

About 2-3 weeks out. :)
I'm currently making a checklist of what I need, what and how many dolls I'm gonna bring (I sleep with my Mickey doll :happy:), etc etc.
Plus books for the flights...Planning on bringing The Fault In Our Stars. (Great, I can cry before I even get to Disney..*facepalm*)

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Original Poster
I start revising my packing list the week after I get home even if I don't have my next trip planned. I have one suitcase that's just for Disney and there's always lanyards, wet naps, and a few other Disney only odds and ends in it at all times. For our June trip packing started Christmas day with some of the stuff we got for our trip that was under the tree. I'm usually totally packed about 2 or 3 weeks out. Packing lists triple checked directions printed out, maps, electronics for the kids, cameras and memory, everything but the food for the ride. I am normal aren't I?:Do_O:D:eek:

For this crowd absolutley!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom