When do you start Packing

sgtmgd

In my best Hatter Scottish accent...and Inspired in part by @DisneyDebNJ

How early do you pack for your trip to WDW...

THis started with a comment to Deb a few minutes ago when I laughingly told her my better half after buying new luggage last week proceeded to do what she called a "dry run" and packed her suitcase Friday night for a trip 23 days away..btw the suitcase is still packed..ROFL..I'm being told that to unpack it would be counterproductive......

Deb chimed in that she has her spare bedroom decked out in outfits and accessories AND is Ironing her Husbands shirts for their Disney Cruise in 22 days....lol

SO Disney Mousekateers...please educate me on Disney packing rules...

JIMINYCR

Mentally, I start packing a month or so in advance. Realistically, I pack on the morning of the day we leave.
:eek: Yikes... if I did that I'm sure I'd end up at Disney with half of what I wanted to pack still in the closet at home. I need time to reflect on what I'm missing and time to add in last minute things... And I'm working off my "Disney packing list" and I'm still thinking... OK whats missing.:rolleyes: :D

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I would LOVE to start packing, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I just had to go and plan another surprise trip. :hilarious:Meaning I can't pack a darn thing until even spring the faux surprise...which isn't for another 3 weeks. And even then, at least 1/3 of the stuff to be packed can't be packed until the girls are in bed and fast asleep the night before we leave.

Upvote 0
My DH will get the suitcase out & start getting things ready about a week before we leave. I won't pack anything until the night before, but I make a list of everything I'm going to take way before that. I also restock my toiletry kit about a week ahead.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Honestly...I never stop packing.

Much of the "travel stuff" just lives in the suitcase. About 3 months before the trip I start consolodating and updating items. A month out I do all the toiletries (I buy new ones for each trip).

The week before I do clothing and electronics.

A few days before I unpack and repack everything to make sure I didn't forget something (not that I haven't forgotten things...but I'd forget more if I didn't do this).

Night before it's final check and the luggage sits by the front door.

Upvote 0

MOXOMUMD

Don't laugh but I'm probably one of the worst packers. I wait until the last day and tell myself if I go to bed at this time I'll get 8 hours of sleep. About two hours before bedtime I'll start packing. (Mind you everything has been on my diningroom table for a week.) There's some trips my eight hours of sleep gets down to two or three. :)

Upvote 0

ThemeParkJunkee

At the risk of serious ridicule, I am already accumulating "Disney Only" items to include in my packing for my upcoming trip 13 months away. Yes, 13 months in the future. I only go every 4 years (about) and I read tips and tricks and purchase items I am likely only to use for Disney along the way.

I keep a plastic bin in the closet, on a shelf for these items as I buy them. Examples: Dollar store ponchos, Halloween themed T-shirts, small cross body bag, Disney themed stuff found on clearance, travel size laundry supplies, clothespins (to keep curtains shut), collapsible water bottles, etc. I watch for end of season sales.

Do I actually pack? No. I can easily pack in a few days if I keep putting the items I intend to pack in the aforementioned bin.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
At the risk of serious ridicule, I am already accumulating "Disney Only" items to include in my packing for my upcoming trip 13 months away. Yes, 13 months in the future. I only go every 4 years (about) and I read tips and tricks and purchase items I am likely only to use for Disney along the way. Your style is actually considered normal around here!

I keep a plastic bin in the closet, on a shelf for these items as I buy them. Examples: Dollar store ponchos, Halloween themed T-shirts, small cross body bag, Disney themed stuff found on clearance, travel size laundry supplies, clothespins (to keep curtains shut), collapsible water bottles, etc. I watch for end of season sales.

Do I actually pack? No. I can easily pack in a few days if I keep putting the items I intend to pack in the aforementioned bin.

Upvote 0

mishel635

I have a tote in our spare room filled with stuff that is for the trip only. (Ponchos, travel size stuff, any Disney items I've already grabbed for the kids) I start this as soon as we book our trip.
I don't start actually packing clothes til about two weeks before we leave. However I will have to be sneaky about my packing as this is going to be a surprise trip for my kids! :)
My hUsband packs right before bed the night before we leave. :/

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I start packing like 24 hours before the trip (mostly because I have to launder all of the clothes!). But, I make packing lists at least 2 months before the trip so that I can slowly accumulate the things we need. Otherwise, I'd be out spending $$$ just for the stuff for the trip! I will actually pull out my suitcases this Thursday and wipe them down. They'll be dry by Friday so that I when I get home from work I can pack. With my lists, I'm a pretty efficient packer :)

Upvote 0

wendysue

We have just a couple weeks to go, and I haven't even gotten the suitcases out yet..:eek: I'll get to it maybe next week. It only takes me one evening since it is just the two of us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom