When do we get answers?

martinthesparta

Original Poster
Now with the completion of stitch, Lmax, soarin', and everest on the way in Jan., I just want to know when they might announce more new attractions and rehabs. I have a feeling we have another larger wave comin, just when will we know, after everest?

CaliSurfer182

I do not work for or with Disney so I can't say for sure, but from a business perspective it would sound appropriate to announce some new things when Expedition Everest opens or shortly there after.

LoisMustDie

CaliSurfer182 said:
I do not work for or with Disney so I can't say for sure, but from a business perspective it would sound appropriate to announce some new things when Expedition Everest opens or shortly there after.
I agree here, for the potential D- or E-Ticket attractions they should be announced with the opening for EE. However, one would expect smaller attractions such as the Winnie the Pooh playground in the 20k lagoon, the replacement of Tarzan Rocks, and a possible replacemnt for WWTBAM to be announced sooner. July 17th, perhaps?

SirGoofy

I doubt we will see a huge wave of "big" attractions like this for at least 2 years. I'm expecting some announcements of littler things like the Pooh playground. The next big wave of E tickets will come when they decide what is going in the 20K site and maybe something for Epcot's 25.

speck76

martinthesparta said:
Now with the completion of stitch, Lmax, soarin', and everest on the way in Jan., I just want to know when they might announce more new attractions and rehabs. I have a feeling we have another larger wave comin, just when will we know, after everest?

They just added a ton of new attractions........what do you expect!?

WeLComeHomE OKW

after everest sounds perfect, i think its time though to start fillin up other places than MK and Epcot, start making everthing well rounded. (since epcot and MK are ppls favs, add some stuff to the others so the favs are more spaced out)
Garrett

martinthesparta

Original Poster
speck76 said:

More stuff. I however would love to see a variety of smaller things as opposed to one or two larger things. Like a few nice family rides for AK, shows and attractions to better compliment the theme of MGM, a new boat ride for germany or italy in WS, those sotrs of things. The character builders.

speck76

martinthesparta said:
More stuff. I however would love to see a variety of smaller things as opposed to one or two larger things. Like a few nice family rides for AK, shows and attractions to better compliment the theme of MGM, a new boat ride for germany or italy in WS, those sotrs of things. The character builders.

lower your expectations........doing so will be more realistic.l

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
speck76 said:

Like most other players inthe theme park field, shouldnt Disney have at least one major addition opening every year or two? (they are after all the market leaders)

Scooter

I don't think Disney should get ANY more new attractions until they can get some sponsers for the ones they have and fill up places like The Wonders of Life Pavillion...we need to utizlize what we have.

Besides...I'd rather wait a couple of years and get one spectacular attraction than get 3 or four, not-so-well-thought-out or cheap attractions and/or clones from other parks.

mkepcotmgmak

LoisMustDie said:
I agree here, for the potential D- or E-Ticket attractions they should be announced with the opening for EE. However, one would expect smaller attractions such as the Winnie the Pooh playground in the 20k lagoon, the replacement of Tarzan Rocks, and a possible replacemnt for WWTBAM to be announced sooner. July 17th, perhaps?

is WWTBAM not running at wdw either? i was shocked to see it closed perm. at DL. I really enjoyed playing that at WDW, but i'm always up for something new.

speck76

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Like most other players inthe theme park field, shouldnt Disney have at least one major addition opening every year or two? (they are after all the market leaders)

not really....

Even regional theme parks (Cedar Point...places like that) typically do not have a major addition more than every other year. Cedar Point typically adds a rollercoaster every 2 years, and adds either a smaller attraction, or a resort area in the off year.

There are always exceptions.

A regional theme park relies on the same people returning every year, or every other year, so they need to remain very fresh.

The average visitor to Orlando does not come here for vacation more than once every 4-6 years, which is why the parks do not have to add new attractions more than every few years.

LoisMustDie

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Actually no. Building a ride every year only applies to the local parks, where it's the new rides that convince the locals to visit every year. WDW is a tourist rather than local destination. No single new ride, parade, or show can be counted on to prompt families to travel great distances to WDW. Hence, for WDW to be more successful and convince families to visit again, they need to introduce entire parks, hotels, etc. So WDW will do just fine by adding attractions to each park every 3-5 years.

mkepcotmgmak said:
is WWTBAM not running at wdw either? i was shocked to see it closed perm. at DL. I really enjoyed playing that at WDW, but i'm always up for something new.
Oh no, it's still up and running at MGM. However, Disney has shown that the show will not be running that much longer by increasingly not offering Fastpass and condensing its operating hours (not to mention the closure of the CA version). I personally do not want to see WWTBAM removed, I was just saying that it's a very good possibility that it will be gone sooner rather than later.

speck76

LoisMustDie said:
Oh no, it's still up and running at MGM. However, Disney has shown that the show will not be running that much longer by increasingly not offering Fastpass and condensing its operating hours (not to mention the closure of the CA version). I personally do not want to see WWTBAM removed, I was just saying that it's a very good possibility that it will be gone sooner rather than later.

Your reasoning does not make sense....

FP has been pulled from the HM too, but I do not see that attraction going anywhere.

The MGM version has always been fairly popular, moreso than the DCA version.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
So 4 theme parks - one major ride every two years, sounds impressive. Will ticket price hikes be kept at a similar ratio.

Are we counting cut n paste attractions as full new rides? After all development costs have been factored into the original ride.

Im puzzled, if WDW is aimed at tourists are we saying that they dont /shouldn’t be focussed on repeat guests when adding attractions, I can only speak personally, but this year Im doing other things as I dont want to get bored with WDW and two copied attractions while exciting are not the same as a fresh experience. Which, perhaps its just me, I don’t count it as doing fine.

My post is based on opinion, none of which Im trying to dress as fact, but it would appear what you are both saying is that Disney doesn’t have to try too hard, cause, well its Disney. Id have thought that is the one reason it should be trying even harder.

Luckily however Universal management is inept and has failed to build on the gains made in recent years. Or has it, given the numbers of my fellow Brits who visit and dont do Disney, "cause its for kids".

Like all consumers who are not happy with the product, Im trying something else, I still have loyalty to the brand, its just not unquestioned loyalty.

peter11435

Not to mention Ceder Point and others like it such as Six flags can build a new coaster for just 10-15 million. When Disney builds an attraction it often costs 8-10 times that amount. Look at the 120 million being spent on E:E.

LoisMustDie

speck76 said:
Your reasoning does not make sense....

FP has been pulled from the HM too, but I do not see that attraction going anywhere.

The MGM version has always been fairly popular, moreso than the DCA version.
That's because HM is 34 years old. An attraction that gets the Fastpass treatment and is that old isn't going anywhere. Now, WWTBAM just turned four years old. Isn't pulling FP from what should still be a fairly new attraction have you worried? To me, that's saying that Disney overestimated it's long-term popularity...especially since attendance is declining before it can even shake off its semi-newness (and the fact that the show it's based on has run out of steam doesn't help either). Hence, I wouldn't be surprised to see a replacement sooner rather than later. I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow. Probably in 1-2 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom