When Disneyland reopens, it's going to have even more of a privilege problem - SF Gate

truecoat

There's plenty of homeless people in cold states, you'd be surprised. I went to a little town outside of Hershey PA, and was surprised to find a park overrun with homeless people.

Back in the early 90’s, the one homeless guy in town came into a McDonalds while a couple of us were having a real early pre work meeting. It was about 10 degrees outside and he had a snotsickle going from his nose down below his neck.

TP2000

My goodness... the Twitter discussions on this article are mind-numbing. Do people not understand the basic economic principle of supply and demand? I really don't get it.

Sadly, I do. :(

There are younger people in this forum that think not only does the federal government control the means of production for the US pharmaceutical industry and their Covid vaccines, but that the US President has the power to limit interstate travel and commerce.

In addition to apparently no longer teaching Civics in American high schools, they also apparently no longer teach basic economics and the principles of capitalism. I have no idea what they teach in high school now?! Rythmic dance? Pottery? Emotional Poetry?

CaptinEO

They should make it so only people without money can get into Disneyland and everyone else is banned. It's the only way to show the company's true core values of helping the underprivileged.

Oh wait I guess the Disney company wants money and would rather give away a couple million and release phony PR statements than actually practice what they preach.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Sadly, I do. :(

There are younger people in this forum that think not only does the federal government control the means of production for the US pharmaceutical industry and their Covid vaccines, but that the US President has the power to limit interstate travel and commerce.

In addition to apparently no longer teaching Civics in American high schools, they also apparently no longer teach basic economics and the principles of capitalism. I have no idea what they teach in high school now?! Rythmic dance? Pottery? Emotional Poetry?
Lesbian dance theory is what they teach

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They should make it so only people without money can get into Disneyland and everyone else is banned. It's the only way to show the company's true core values of helping the underprivileged.

Oh wait I guess the Disney company wants money and would rather give away a couple million and release phony PR statements than actually practice what they preach.

I see you have a grasp of the Disney political theater that's focused on marketing.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
July 18th...there it is :D

You missed this quote in the article....

>>Dave MacPherson was a 22-year-old college student taking summer classes towards his English degree when a story on the local news caught his eye. It was July 17, 1955, the day before Walt Disney’s much-anticipated new amusement park opened in Anaheim, California. <<

BayouShack

What unsettles me about the argument is that it isn’t claimed that “theme parks should be more accessible.” It’s specifically the most expensive theme park in the US that they want.

There’s a perfectly good theme park a few miles up the road in Buena Park. I’ll be going there after the pandemic, because it’s good enough for me and I’m cheap.

TP2000

What unsettles me about the argument is that it isn’t claimed that “theme parks should be more accessible.” It’s specifically the most expensive theme park in the US that they want.

There’s a perfectly good theme park a few miles up the road in Buena Park. I’ll be going there after the pandemic, because it’s good enough for me and I’m cheap.

Exactly.

Wait until these justice warriors and snowflakes find out I have a car from a luxury make that practically drives itself, and has radar that can stop itself in an emergency if I don't see a child walking out into the road at night. Those types of safety features are not available on a Civic or Sonata or Malibu, but they'll demand that safety and comfort tech too in the name of "privilege!!!".

Not to mention the built-in smellitizer in the glove box that lets me choose from a range of diffused fragrances. I'm currently enjoying Fireside Mood. And unlike the smellitizer on Soarin', it always works perfectly. Privilege! :rolleyes:

flutas

Those types of safety features are not available on a Civic or Sonata or Malibu
Except they are?

I fail to see how your screaming about cars has to do with Disneyland reopening though, aside from proving you don't even research your arguments.

TP2000

Except they are?

I fail to see how your screaming about cars has to do with Disneyland reopening though, aside from proving you don't even research your arguments.

Those cars don't have night vision radar that can take over control of the car's steering and braking from you to prevent an accident when a child steps out in front of you in the dark. Let alone sense what the car behind you is doing, and respond accordingly.

Those cheaper cars do have extra cost option packages that provide beeps and warning lights to help change lanes and alert the driver of stopped cars, or some have an automatic brake if they sense a large object ahead of you, but they don't have autonomous steering and driving controls that take over in an emergency. Or take over when you're just driving down to Ralph's.

The more money you spend on a new car, the more safety equipment you get. Privilege! :rolleyes:

The more money you spend on entertainment, the better the theme park you visit is. Privilege! :oops:

Stevek

You missed this quote in the article....

>>Dave MacPherson was a 22-year-old college student taking summer classes towards his English degree when a story on the local news caught his eye. It was July 17, 1955, the day before Walt Disney’s much-anticipated new amusement park opened in Anaheim, California. <<
I saw the quote. Just had to comment given your love for calling out the 18th. All in good fun amigo.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Being able to visit Disneyland or any theme park for that matter IS a privilege though. Lol.

Well, there are a few parks that don't charge admission, you pay per attraction.

Coney Island, Knoebels, Nickelodeon Universe, Waldameer Park, Famly Kingdom,

Californian Elitist

Well, there are a few parks that don't charge admission, you pay per attraction.

Coney Island, Knoebels, Nickelodeon Universe, Waldameer Park, Famly Kingdom,
I would say being able to attended these are privileges as well, albeit cheaper and budget-friendly.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I would say being able to attended these are privileges as well, albeit cheaper and budget-friendly.
Heck, having a coke and ordering an In-n-Out Burger is a privilege.

Basically everything is a privilege. Drinking Bottle Water is one.

You go out and work to earn those privilege's.

We have a homeless program in Anaheim, if they volunteer to work a day, then they are given Gift Cards as a Thank You. So work isn't always to earn money. A parent cooking at home to save money is still a benefit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom