Trip Report When can we do this again? A Fractal family Odyssey. *COMPLETED*

Definition of odyssey:
  • : a long journey full of adventures

• : a series of experiences that give knowledge or understanding to someone
Not too long ago I had a lot of doubt this trip would ever happen. The financial cost of higher education, the fact my wife Val wanted to go anywhere BUT Disney, the crazy and conflicting schedules of the kids, made the odds of keeping our 2-year WDW trip tradition a large long-shot. But maybe things do happen for a reason...

A great deal came our way and before we knew it we were on our way back to the World. Not without a major sacrifice however as my eldest daughter Alexandra had to miss the trip due to her schooling ( she graduates this Friday as an Registered Nurse!). She is a bit of a kindred spirit to me with a personality closer to mine than the other two, so I knew I would miss her dearly on the trip.

Here she is at Christmas with my Mom (Yia-Yia).

DSC05745-X2.jpg

Speaking of Yia-yia; she will join us again at WDW! We had a great time with her on our 2013 trip at the Poly. We would meet up with her, my Sister Marina (here with me)...

_DSC0720-XL.jpg

and my two nieces; Courtney...

_DSC0443-XL.jpg

and Mia...
DSC05736-X2.jpg

at the Yacht Club on the second leg of our journey. The first part of our trip took us to my in-law's (Al & Sue) who moved to Florida (Tampa - St. Pete area) last year. They would also join us at WDW!

Here they are from a 50th anniversary party we had for them last Winter...

DSC05476-X2.jpg

It was early evening Thursday July 20th when we began our Odyssey. My good friend Wally picked us up to take us to the Baltimore (BWI) airport.

DSC00007-XL.jpg

Excitement was building for our trip but the real Disney excitement would come later.

Sterg and Toni occupied the back seat. They were almost late for the pickup as they decided a last second Starbucks run was in order. Sterg ended up paying for that about an hour later as his bladder protested strongly.

DSC00006-XL.jpg

Val was next to me and could barely contain her enthusiasm.

DSC00008-XL.jpg

Not only was she not fully in favor of another Disney trip, she was (rightfully) concerned with the potential problems, complications, and stress of merging these 3 parts of the family together in the already chaotic environment of managing reservations, room assignments, getting to the parks, fastpasses and dinner plans. I had much of the same worries, which were also amplified by the fact Yia-Yia and Al would be using electric scooters during our time at the World. But hey, it's Disney, what could go wrong?

Last edited:

fractal

Original Poster
Could summer maybe be last 2 weeks in September when we will be there for a meet up ;)

Love the @Tuvalu card, on the September note may I be in with a chance of getting one of my very own?

That would have been awesome but looks like 3rd week of July.

Fractal, any chance the Fractal YouTube channel may also have some pre-trip and vacation content added? That'd be fun to see too!

Extremely high confidence in additional Fractal Channel content! 😄

Ceejayzvan

In the Parks
No
Thank you for such a wonderful trip report, and sharing your highs and lows. I really loved the photographs you took, such beautiful and stunning shots! The best I've seen.

fractal

Original Poster

fractal

Original Poster
Well, not so sure about our trip this summer, but Fractal Jr. aka Sterg has been busy making youtube videos.

Just posted this on the Fractal Channel. I hope you laugh 1/2 as much as I did. I tried to tell him at the time to apply to California Institute of Arts but he wanted to swim for Penn State....

and his own channel here. Alexandra finished her nursing assignment in Las Vegas only to find out she had Covid-19. After quarantine Sterg and Toni went to pick her up.
This was after they, Val and I also got and recovered from the virus.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Well, not so sure about our trip this summer, but Fractal Jr. aka Sterg has been busy making youtube videos.

Just posted this on the Fractal Channel. I hope you laugh 1/2 as much as I did. I tried to tell him at the time to apply to California Institute of Arts but he wanted to swim for Penn State....

and his own channel here. Alexandra finished her nursing assignment in Las Vegas only to find out she had Covid-19. After quarantine Sterg and Toni went to pick her up.

Lol, great spirit, hope everyone is recovering nicely. Seems Like they have a lot of fun together

Laurenciaa

Be safe out there! And thank you for still taking the time to share some Fractal Videos!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Fractal, thank you for posting the videos.

Sorry to hear that your family has had some instances of COVID-19. Wishing good health to your entire family.

bcoachable

With some of my extra time, I snooped down here to the trip report thread HOPING for a New (to me) Fractal report to "dive" into (see what I did there, Fractal JR?). Sorry to hear you guys got the crud.. Glad to hear your feeling great now! Hope that this stuff doesn't postpone your trip for TOO long!!

fractal

Original Poster
With some of my extra time, I snooped down here to the trip report thread HOPING for a New (to me) Fractal report to "dive" into (see what I did there, Fractal JR?). Sorry to hear you guys got the crud.. Glad to hear your feeling great now! Hope that this stuff doesn't postpone your trip for TOO long!!

Lol! Thanks Coach, We're now inside the 90 day fast pass window so have to do that. Still holding out some hope for late July.

So glad you guys all recovered from the virus. Must have been scary news to receive when you were first diagnosed. Happy to hear you're all doing well!

Thanks Matt. It feels good knowing we are on the other side of it. We're finding it difficult however getting a response on donating blood for anti-bodies.

Hope you are your family are well!

Matt and Kelly

Thanks Matt. It feels good knowing we are on the other side of it. We're finding it difficult however getting a response on donating blood for anti-bodies.

Hope you are your family are well!

Even though it sounds like there have been some hang-ups so far, I hope you guys are able to donate. I think it's great that so many who have recovered are trying to help in this way. Good on you guys!

Thankfully we are doing as well as can be expected to this point. Holding on to the hopes of returning to WDW in September!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom