When are they going to announce a true e-ticket?

henryt93

I think the problem with this discussion is that everyone is thinking of E-Ticket rides as thrill rides. That is not necessarily true. Look back to the time when the A-E ticketing system actually existed. While rides like the Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain were E-Tickets, so were "it's a small world", the Tiki Room, and Country Bear Jamboree.

While I do agree that there has not been an E-Ticket in a while, I also think that most of you are just thinking of E-Tickets as thrill rides. I personally would be happy if we got a non-thrill-based E-Ticket at DHS.

darthjohnny

I think it would depend on what your definition of a "true E-Ticket" is.

In my opinion, if the ticket books were still around, Toy Story Mania would get E-Ticket status.

TrojanUSC

I believe River Country was closed dut to a contamination issue (I could be wrong) or one was discovered, amking it impossible to open the park again on the same site.

River Country was closed due largely due to a Florida state law which required that water for water parks must originate from a purified water source, thus making it exceptionally challenging to make that change for RC. However, attendance had been down anyways due to the popularity of the other parks and it simply became cost-prohibitive to make the needed changes.

brucie

I agree it doesn't need to be a thrill ride to be an E-ticket, but I don't consider TSM a true E-ticket, or Soarin for that matter. Anthing with a screen in my opinion is not an E-ticket. Although I love them, Philharmagic is one of my favorite attractions.

henryt93

I agree it doesn't need to be a thrill ride to be an E-ticket, but I don't consider TSM a true E-ticket, or Soarin for that matter. Anthing with a screen in my opinion is not an E-ticket. Although I love them, Philharmagic is one of my favorite attractions.

I disagree with that, but only in part. I consider an E-ticket to be an experience that cannot be experienced anywhere else. That's why I don't see TSM as an E-ticket, because people can just play a Wii. However, I would say that Soarin' is an E-ticket, because hang-gliding is something that most people don't get to do. Also, it is very bold saying that anything with a screen is not an E-ticket because, at least in my opinion, I doubt we have seen screens used to their full potential, especially when combined with a physical experience as in Soarin'.

disneydata

TSM is an E-Ticket. There's your announcement.

We're getting the shaft for the big DCA rebuild, so don't expect any major new ride announcements anytime soon.

yeti

I think the problem with this discussion is that everyone is thinking of E-Ticket rides as thrill rides. That is not necessarily true. Look back to the time when the A-E ticketing system actually existed. While rides like the Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain were E-Tickets, so were "it's a small world", the Tiki Room, and Country Bear Jamboree.

While I do agree that there has not been an E-Ticket in a while, I also think that most of you are just thinking of E-Tickets as thrill rides. I personally would be happy if we got a non-thrill-based E-Ticket at DHS.

Well, I hate to say it, but people on these boards would probaby be the only ones to apreciate something like an equivalent of the Tiki Room. In order to compete with their Harry Potterized rivals, they really would need something huge. Not necessarily a thrill ride, but definately not another Country Bears.

What I could easily predict for the Studios is a complete destruction of the Studio Tram Tour, repaced with either a new Cars coaster (like the Crush's Coaster in Paris) or the coaster plus an expanded Pixar Place area. This would likely come before Star Tours 2, or at least be announced first anyway.

In Epcot, things are most likely to be focused on WS. Word is that Japan's getting something new, perhaps just a movie, probabaly not the hoped-for Mt Fuji coaster. Another interesting note is the possibility of a new country (I could only imagine it replacing the outpost area). As for the farther future, Imagination will probably get another huge makeover.

For Magic Kingdom, the next best thing coming is definately the new Space Mountain. Around this time, probably a major refurb of Jungle Cruise. Now for those of you who know of the Litte Mermaid ride coming to DCA, it is most probable that this wil come to Fantasyland soon after it is finished in Disneyland (Attention henryt93; this is a non-thrilling E-Ticket;)).

Last, and probably least, AK remains. Other than the new nighttime show that is apparently going to be added, nothing much is really coming here, as far as I'm aware. If you want the further future for this park, I can somewhat imagine a Journey to the Center of the Earth replacing both Camp-Minnie Mickey and the entire Beastly Kingdom idea as whole. Considering the imagineers who developed the concept for BK were fired, we probably wont be seeing the much too miracuous concepts they created (IE Dragon Tower). A Journey to the Center of the Earth would also fulfill AK's mythical creatures theme, and would, IMHO, be a sucsessful competent against Universal and Sea World.

All in all, we can be a little worried about the timing, but Mickey definately still has some more tricks up his sorcerer's sleeve. :)

XS-Spence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_ticket

The standards to which we judge what an E-Ticket attraction are obviously varied, but I think excluding an attraction just because it uses projection technology is unfair. Star Tours was definitely an e-ticket when it opened, as was Body Wars. Soarin' pulls in the longest lines of nearly any attraction in any of the Disney parks.

In the Last five years or so, Disney has added Everest, Lights Motors Action, Soarin', Mickey's Philharmagic, Mission Space, that Nemo clamshell ride, Turtle talk, an entirely new show and overhauled theater for the Nemo Musical, Jedi Training Acedemy, soon to be Toy Story Mania, Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, American Idoal coming soon, overhauled multi Use theater in DHS, and not to mention the major overhauls to existing rides like Pirates. Thats a heck of alot of additions for those who campare a roller coaster addition , or a new ride or two to nearby theme parks. Disney World appeals to alot more people than those interested in Roller Coasters. Relax, Disney's been adding stuff all the time, it just has wider appeal, and some of it might not be for everyone. And thats all I have to say about that.

Wakkie Nu Nu

While I agree I'd love a non-thrill based E-ticket in addition to TSM (in my fantasy world, of course!), I'm also happy with the current swath of refurbs and smaller additions going on across the World. We're so spoiled with all the enhancements and improvements that go on each and every year, and Disney is a victim of their own lofty standards as far as expectations go... mind you, I think this is a great thing.

Would love to see the dark ride to end all dark rides, and of course I'd also be happy with a dark ride/thrill ride combo... but I'm just fine with things as is at the moment... I do hope DHS keeps getting attention, first and foremost.. really enjoy the feel of that park, and I wish there was more to do and see...

DisneyYorkian74

In the Last five years or so, Disney has added Everest, Lights Motors Action, Soarin', Mickey's Philharmagic, Mission Space, that Nemo clamshell ride, Turtle talk, an entirely new show and overhauled theater for the Nemo Musical, Jedi Training Acedemy, soon to be Toy Story Mania, Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, American Idoal coming soon, overhauled multi Use theater in DHS, and not to mention the major overhauls to existing rides like Pirates. Thats a heck of alot of additions for those who campare a roller coaster addition , or a new ride or two to nearby theme parks. Disney World appeals to alot more people than those interested in Roller Coasters. Relax, Disney's been adding stuff all the time, it just has wider appeal, and some of it might not be for everyone. And thats all I have to say about that.

A lot of people also forget the little "additions" Disney has added throughout the years.

The Cinderella Castle Lights has to be one of the best additions to any theme park in my opinion.

I'd seriously take those lights over a roller coaster any day...

WaltsApprentice

Amen!!!:sohappy::sohappy: I'm getting really tired of the use of the title of "E-ticket" if a ride/ attraction/show/ addition is good and I enjoy it, its a so called e-ticket ride. I think we throw that phrase around a little to much here...:lookaroun:zipit:

WV_Jayola

To those of you who were talking about River Country, you should definitely go and check out the WDW Radio Show podcast from a few weeks ago. Lou Mongello and Jeff Pepper did a wonderfully thorough examination of River Country, right down to it's closing days....

I loved it...it made me almost feel like i got to visit this park that i....never got to actually visit. :cry:

jeff.

Thiger

Come now, lets not fight about symantics
l think we're all agreed that it would be great to see something big (as in brand spankin new) happen at WDW. Now HM was great. SM will be awesome. POTC great too...I think we're just really into seeing something brand new that's not an interactive screen and truly worthy of 'main event' attraction status.

There have been tons of great ideas mentioned of what these rides may entail but one thing is for certain, a brand new big ride in MK would really be fantastic. ***Personally I'm hoping for a Kingdom Hearts ride featuring many characters & their worlds***

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom