When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

MississippiBelle

I cringe when I see someone dipping their hands into Splash Mtn or Pirates or IASW. I don't think people realize how heavy those boats actually weigh when fully loaded. We're talking half a ton or even 3/4 of a ton on a Splash Mtn log and probably close to 2 full tons on a fully loaded Pirates boat. Someone could lose an arm or hand probably. The worst part is I've seen parents just look on as their kids do it like nothing is dangerous. SMH

Common sense seems to get thrown right out of the window at Disney parks apparently.

-

When we were younger, I dared my little brother to stick his fingers in the water at Pirates right before we passed under the mist "waterfall" where the control booth is above you. His hand made it 2 inches out of the boat (still a good foot above the water) and a CM immediately came over the loud speaker and said "don't put your hand in the water". I was crying from laughing so hard. I can just see her in the booth thinking "that girl just told him to stick his hand in the water, I just know it. Yep, there he goes." Needless to say he was so embarrassed that he never thought of doing it again! :hilarious::hilarious: side note: Yes, I know his fingers could have been chopped off. We were kids and I didn't think he'd actually do it. He still has all 10 fingers and toes to this day!

allgiggles

File this one under "You can't make this stuff up". Today my daughter and I stopped at a local Subway for lunch (over 1,000 miles away from Disney World). There was a mom, ~10 year old daughter, and I'm assuming grandmother eating their lunch at one of the tables. Mom & 10 yo were talking loudly about their trip to Disney World (my ears perk up!). They had obviously just gotten back in the last few days. All is good until mom gets out her phone and starts showing grandma videos of the 10 yo on various rides....Barnstormer, Dumbo, and Pirates were the ones I could see/hear but there were more. The 10 yo is screaming at the top of her lungs on each of those rides and the volume is so loud on the phone that the manager of the restaurant came running out because she thought a child was screaming like that in the store. Mom, grandma, and 10 yo continue to watch videos with said child screaming on each ride....and the 3 of them laughed their heads off the entire time as if this screaming is funny. The manager finally asked them to turn down the volume because it was difficult to determine if those were screams from someone currently in the restaurant or just the screams coming from the videos -- explaining that she wanted to make sure everyone in the restaurant was safe and not screaming for help. Mom got a little huffy but did put her phone away.

So there ya have it, my lunch experience was "ruined" by a Disney guest and I was not even in the same state as Disney World. :D

jaklgreen

File this one under "You can't make this stuff up". Today my daughter and I stopped at a local Subway for lunch (over 1,000 miles away from Disney World). There was a mom, ~10 year old daughter, and I'm assuming grandmother eating their lunch at one of the tables. Mom & 10 yo were talking loudly about their trip to Disney World (my ears perk up!). They had obviously just gotten back in the last few days. All is good until mom gets out her phone and starts showing grandma videos of the 10 yo on various rides....Barnstormer, Dumbo, and Pirates were the ones I could see/hear but there were more. The 10 yo is screaming at the top of her lungs on each of those rides and the volume is so loud on the phone that the manager of the restaurant came running out because she thought a child was screaming like that in the store. Mom, grandma, and 10 yo continue to watch videos with said child screaming on each ride....and the 3 of them laughed their heads off the entire time as if this screaming is funny. The manager finally asked them to turn down the volume because it was difficult to determine if those were screams from someone currently in the restaurant or just the screams coming from the videos -- explaining that she wanted to make sure everyone in the restaurant was safe and not screaming for help. Mom got a little huffy but did put her phone away.

So there ya have it, my lunch experience was "ruined" by a Disney guest and I was not even in the same state as Disney World. :D

Classy people. :facepalm:

Jeremy Geertsema

My biggest problem is flash pictures. The worst is on dark rides. My first time on Frozen Ever After, there was a lady who wouldn't stop taking pictures with flash. Like, do people not realize that there photos are probably turning out worse than without flash? Or when you're watching the fireworks, and people take flash pictures. Many times, people will video-tape the show, but leave their flash on the whole time, like why?!

Disney4family

My biggest problem is flash pictures. The worst is on dark rides. My first time on Frozen Ever After, there was a lady who wouldn't stop taking pictures with flash. Like, do people not realize that there photos are probably turning out worse than without flash? Or when you're watching the fireworks, and people take flash pictures. Many times, people will video-tape the show, but leave their flash on the whole time, like why?!
Our worst "flash" experiences have always been on Under the Sea. We asked a CM about it. She said while WDW doesn't want you to take flash pics, they haven't officially taken a stand to say "don't". She didn't know why.
The Ghost Host tells us not to use flash photography or it'll scare the ghosts away on The Haunted Mansion.
Why can't Sebastian do something similar? 'Flash photography will scare away the little fishies...'

Smiley/OCD

Wow! So people actually WATCH those dumb videos they make...while blocking our views!

seven12

MK 1:55 am - park closing at 2... the last Philharmagic show of the night. There are no more than 12 people in the theater and 5 of them are my group of 2 adults and 3 kids. We take our seats in the center/middle - then another group of 5 adults comes in and sits RIGHT in front of us. I actually filmed it because it was so outrageous! Hundreds on empty seats and they sit in front of kids. We moved and survived and we watch the video and laugh because it is the definition of inconsiderate.

And AK Flights of Wonder when the people in the row in front of us opened up a cooler and started making sandwiches on the bench. They laid out cold cuts, bread... they had a JAR of mayo......no consideration for anyone around them.

TwilightZone

So during world of color some rude family blocked our view and no matter how many times my mom asked them to move they wouldn't. Oh and btw, we were secluded from the main crowd watching the show, so it wasn't a crowd issue that made the family unable to move.

Figaro928

Total opposite here: My family WAS the guest that ruined an attraction for another guest. :(

My son was 16 months old at the time - happy as could be - and we rode Kilimanjaro Safari. There was honestly no indication that anything was the matter - he was napped up, fed, clean diaper and singing while we were on line.THE NANO-SECOND the truck drove away from the station all hell broke loose. I had no idea why, but he went full blown psycho temper tantrum. It was brutal and we were stuck. Worse - all of the distractions (snacks/toys) were in the stroller. I spent the entire ride trying to calm him down and finally to restrain him, making sure he didn't kick anyone. All the while, all I felt and saw were glaring evil stares from all the guests in front and behind me. By the time the ride ended I was in tears. A CM came up to me and saw we were upset and offered Fast Passes, to which I quickly spotted an older couple that I had recognized as riding behind us and asked her to give them to her instead.

The wife of the couple saw us struggling to get my son back in his stroller and said something like "you should be ashamed of how your son acted...even the CMs realized you ruined the safari for us..."

After that ride we decided only short rides, or at least attractions with an escape plan. So Brutal.....

MissingDisney

Total opposite here: My family WAS the guest that ruined an attraction for another guest. :(

My son was 16 months old at the time - happy as could be - and we rode Kilimanjaro Safari. There was honestly no indication that anything was the matter - he was napped up, fed, clean diaper and singing while we were on line.THE NANO-SECOND the truck drove away from the station all hell broke loose. I had no idea why, but he went full blown psycho temper tantrum. It was brutal and we were stuck. Worse - all of the distractions (snacks/toys) were in the stroller. I spent the entire ride trying to calm him down and finally to restrain him, making sure he didn't kick anyone. All the while, all I felt and saw were glaring evil stares from all the guests in front and behind me. By the time the ride ended I was in tears. A CM came up to me and saw we were upset and offered Fast Passes, to which I quickly spotted an older couple that I had recognized as riding behind us and asked her to give them to her instead.

The wife of the couple saw us struggling to get my son back in his stroller and said something like "you should be ashamed of how your son acted...even the CMs realized you ruined the safari for us..."

After that ride we decided only short rides, or at least attractions with an escape plan. So Brutal.....
Ah, don't sweat it. We've raised little HUMANS, not robots. When stuff like this happens, I smile and "remember when". There's a difference between bad/lack of parenting and a kid being a kid. We've all been there. No one can read the mind or predict the behavior of those little beings and given they have no idea what they want themselves 90% of the time, it's all just a big guessing game. Even the best planning fails sometimes. :joyfull: When stuff like this happens, we just get back in line and ride again or later. Those folks must be a hoot for grandparents! All the best!

FutureCEO

Went on it's a Small World and unfortunately we were in the rear of the boat and there was a guy in the front who had not used deodorant or showered. The smell was over powering; could not wait for it to end. My young boys at the time kept saying what's that smell. I don't think the guy got the message as he spoke a foreign language. Redid its a Small World later in the day much better

riding a small world twice in the same day!!!...you deserve a medal

THECARISMINE

Just got back on Friday. Thursday was our last night at Magic Kingdom, so we decided to watch happily ever after again. This was our third time during the trip so at this point we were fully aware of the chaos but were also very use to just going with the flow. We came early and stood near the fantasyland/tomorrowland bridge, everyone was happy even after the crowds began to completely block the view we were waiting an hour for. Naturally, an 8 year old in front of us goes up on his father's shoulders, not a big deal, again go with the flow and enjoy the show. Welp it didn't even start yet when it became clear the father wanted a fight for some reason. Should also be noted that he was wearing a backpack that stuck out a good 2-3 feet off his back. The show starts and he, quickly pushes forward swinging his backpack and almost hits both my mom and brother. Me, a 27 year old man child wearing a Donald hat, a blue shirt, and white shorts, politely ask him to watch out for his bag. He turns, smacking into the woman to his left and gives me this look that I honestly had no idea a face could honestly make. I let it go, dodging the guys movements and accepting some people are just miserable. Then, as Tink leaves the castle, the bag finally swings and slams into my brother's face hard enough to almost knock him over and leaves a scratch on his cheek. He sees this and instead of saying sorry he puts his kid down and starts cursing us out in spanish. We had to leave, It was going to get extremely ugly in a second, this guy had his fists white. I felt bad for all the kids both involved and around the situation the most. Not the greatest way to end an otherwise amazing trip.

John park hopper

Just got back on Friday. Thursday was our last night at Magic Kingdom, so we decided to watch happily ever after again. This was our third time during the trip so at this point we were fully aware of the chaos but were also very use to just going with the flow. We came early and stood near the fantasyland/tomorrowland bridge, everyone was happy even after the crowds began to completely block the view we were waiting an hour for. Naturally, an 8 year old in front of us goes up on his father's shoulders, not a big deal, again go with the flow and enjoy the show. Welp it didn't even start yet when it became clear the father wanted a fight for some reason. Should also be noted that he was wearing a backpack that stuck out a good 2-3 feet off his back. The show starts and he, quickly pushes forward swinging his backpack and almost hits both my mom and brother. Me, a 27 year old man child wearing a Donald hat, a blue shirt, and white shorts, politely ask him to watch out for his bag. He turns, smacking into the woman to his left and gives me this look that I honestly had no idea a face could honestly make. I let it go, dodging the guys movements and accepting some people are just miserable. Then, as Tink leaves the castle, the bag finally swings and slams into my brother's face hard enough to almost knock him over and leaves a scratch on his cheek. He sees this and instead of saying sorry he puts his kid down and starts cursing us out in spanish. We had to leave, It was going to get extremely ugly in a second, this guy had his fists white. I felt bad for all the kids both involved and around the situation the most. Not the greatest way to end an otherwise amazing trip.

You are a better man than me, I sure would not have let this dirt bag slide. At the very least I would have called security and filed a complaint and forced the issue to have him removed from the park

Andsome

When I rode CoP back in April, we shared a theater with a rather inconsiderate family. They were extremely talkative, they kept kicking our seats, and worst of all, the parents seemed A-OK with their children crawling around. As a result, we had to see the first act twice. Even though it wasn't our fault, I almost felt tempted to apologize to the CM for their insubordination.

Incomudro

Whoa! :eek:
Not only did they not realize that level of screaming was not necessary and rude, but they also didn't realize that playback at Subway was wrong as well. :mad:

graphite1326

I could not get that song out of my head the rest of the day and have never done its a small world again. What we will do for our kids
I am old enough and remember going on Small World at the 1964 Worlds Fair. When my family went to WDW for the first time in 1996 I kept telling my DW that we shouldn't go on. That song will get stuck in your head and you can't get it out. BUT she insisted and we went on. That was the last time we went on it. Probably the only time I won an argument.

KBLovedDisney

A CM came up to me and saw we were upset and offered Fast Passes, to which I quickly spotted an older couple that I had recognized as riding behind us and asked her to give them to her instead.

The wife of the couple saw us struggling to get my son back in his stroller and said something like "you should be ashamed of how your son acted...even the CMs realized you ruined the safari for us...":banghead::banghead::banghead:
Offered you no help/no thanks/no sympathy whatsoever??? Kids have temper tantrums at random times and it mostly can't be helped. I don't have kids but I know what's up.
tenor.gif

I swear I have more patience for kids at parks than I do adults...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom