What's your must have Disney dessert ?

rosebud's mom

Okay. Vacations are for splurging, right ? I'm making plans for our December trip. I'm looking for detailed information on your favorite gotta-have-'em treats from Disney. ( the Cinderella's Slipper thread is stuck in my head !)

Describe the dessert and list where it can be found.

Thanks ! :wave:

Maria

Hey Prime X, welcome to posting! (Your Aladdin avatar is making me tired! lol j/k ;)

My must have dessert at Disney has to be the Mickey shaped ice cream bar! There is nothing more Disney than this! :)

Upvote 0

Fraisie

I love...

Dole Whip floats (mmmm I love pineapple) in Adventureland
White chocolate and raspberry cookies (DTD, MS Bakery or MGM studios)

also not a desert, but so lovely, at Wolfgang Puck, there is this pumpkin and hazelnut pasta... amazing !

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Crepes from France or Morocco at Epcot!! I'm now a Crepe Junkie thanks to Epcot!!! :lol:

And I *must* have ice cream from the Main Street ice cream parlor, or it's not a real trip to WDW :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

EpcotGrl said:
Crepes from France or Morocco at Epcot!! I'm now a Crepe Junkie thanks to Epcot!!! :lol:

And I *must* have ice cream from the Main Street ice cream parlor, or it's not a real trip to WDW :)

Mmmm apple/honey crepes from Marrakesh. :slurp:

Upvote 0

BCarotenuto

My favorite Disney desserts/foods

Hello Gang,

I have several favorites of mine that I have had over the years. I will list them below.

Hot Fudge Sundae with vanilla-Ghirardelli's (Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Kaki Gori-Japan (Epcot)
Veiled Maiden, Rice Cream, Viking Ship-Akershus-(World Showcase-Norway)
Bavarian Creme donuts-Boardwalk Bakery (DVC Boardwalk Inn and Villas)
Grapefruit Cake-Brown Derby Restaurant (Disney-MGM Studios)

As far as other foods-

Chicken Noodle soup-The Land (Sunshine Food Fair)-Epcot
Ham & Cheese sandwich-The Land (Sunshine Food Fair)-Epcot
Muffins-Old Port Royale-Caribbean Beach Resort (Montego's Market)
Hot Dog-The American Adventure pavilion-World Showcase-Epcot
Soft Pretzels-Germany Pavilion-World Showcase-Epcot

Anybody agree on these????

Brian

Upvote 0

tigsmom

BCarotenuto said:
Hello Gang,

I have several favorites of mine that I have had over the years. I will list them below.

Hot Fudge Sundae with vanilla-Ghirardelli's (Downtown Disney Marketplace)
Kaki Gori-Japan (Epcot)
Veiled Maiden, Rice Cream, Viking Ship-Akershus-(World Showcase-Norway)
Bavarian Creme donuts-Boardwalk Bakery (DVC Boardwalk Inn and Villas)
Grapefruit Cake-Brown Derby Restaurant (Disney-MGM Studios)

As far as other foods-

Chicken Noodle soup-The Land (Sunshine Food Fair)-Epcot
Ham & Cheese sandwich-The Land (Sunshine Food Fair)-Epcot
Muffins-Old Port Royale-Caribbean Beach Resort (Montego's Market)
Hot Dog-The American Adventure pavilion-World Showcase-Epcot

Anybody agree on these????

Brian

Haven't seen one bad thing on your list. :lol:

Upvote 0

Maria

BCarotenuto said:
Bryan, when I worked at wdw, Fantasmic was openning, so I saw it many times before and after it opened to the public. I always had a soft pretzel with a beer there! Even more than in Epcot! :slurp:

aahhh... good times.... :)

Upvote 0

jbeeching

Disney Desserts...

Easy- the Vanilla Ice Cream / Orange Juice Swirl next to the Tiki Room in MK. I'll get 3-4 a day when I'm there sometimes. Yuuu-mmmmm!!

Jeff

Upvote 0

Mom's the word

Yuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm!

Yes to Zebra Domes but also Paw Print Brownies, Cocomisu, Banana Bread Pudding and Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake . . . my son just kept eating and eating and eating it! Dessert at Boma is deeeeeelicious. However, I also must have caramel candy apples from MGM, fruit tarts from Fountain View Espresso (I get so excited my husband is jealous), anything at Boulangerie Patisserie and Sticky Mickeys - they almost caused a riot at our house when I found the recipe and made them. I think I have to go rest now, could I possibly have a sugar headache just from talking about dessert? :)

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Original Poster
And the cruelest thing of all is that the dr just put me on a 3 week diet..

Absolutely NO sugar or white flour. :mad: :cry:

Is it my penance for making everyone salivate ? :lol:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

rosebud's mom said:
And the cruelest thing of all is that the dr just put me on a 3 week diet..

Absolutely NO sugar or white flour. :mad: :cry:

Is it my penance for making everyone salivate ? :lol:
Sounds like you need a trip to the huggle thread. :lol:
We can be miserable together...I'm on a liquid diet...hmmmmmmm...do dolewhips count as a liquid? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

O'Malley

It may be pre-packaged, but that giant slice of triple layer chocolate cake that can be found around the property is excellent for chocolate lovers like us! The Land Pavillion is one of our favorite stops in the morning for big cookie or a slice of cake.

Also have to love the Sci-Fi milk shakes! We hunted all over the parks trying to find these shakes at roadside stands, never found the same ones. For a brief period of time a few years ago, there was a stand between Ariel's Grotto and Pinnochio's House in MK that had these shakes, but that's been gone for quite some time. After dozens of other attempts at finding these delicious shakes (Prime Time, Auntie Gravitys, Gertie's, etc) we found the same shakes at a stand tucked away next to Restaurantsaurus in AK! They come with cool plastic Mickey spiral straws with a Mickey figure hanging on. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

Original Poster
My diet has so far been pretty successful - down 20 pounds.

However, I have just copied, cut-&-pasted all the suggestions in this thread to take with me for our trip starting this Sunday.

Don't worry, I won't hold anyone here responsible for my backslide. ( or should that be backside ! :eek: )

Upvote 0

tigsmom

rosebud's mom said:
My diet has so far been pretty successful - down 20 pounds.

However, I have just copied, cut-&-pasted all the suggestions in this thread to take with me for our trip starting this Sunday.

Don't worry, I won't hold anyone here responsible for my backslide. ( or should that be backside ! :eek: )

20 pounds! :sohappy: Thats great!

I always lose weight at WDW (even though I eat...a lot). Its all that wonderful walking.
Remember you can always share that dessert with someone special. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom