What's your must have Disney dessert ?

rosebud's mom

Okay. Vacations are for splurging, right ? I'm making plans for our December trip. I'm looking for detailed information on your favorite gotta-have-'em treats from Disney. ( the Cinderella's Slipper thread is stuck in my head !)

Describe the dessert and list where it can be found.

Thanks ! :wave:

mousepainter

Chocolate "Mousse" head in Canada. Adorable, and a lot of mousse.

For kids: A butter cookie "tree" that you can decorate with a paintbrush and different colored gel/frosting in Norway (but that was two years ago...)

Upvote 0

tigger248

Dad's sundae from 50's Prime Time Cafe. It's a huge ice cream sundae (though not nearly as large as the Kitchen Sink). It has a brownie, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and tons of other toppings (chocolate syrup, m&ms, cracker jacks, etc...). :slurp: This is a must have on every trip for my family. We usually order one and 3 or 4 spoons (depends on how many go).

I also like Main Street bakery and the Main Street ice cream parlor. That one's hard to pass up once I am within smelling distance of the shop.

Of course, Mickey premium bars are up there too. :slurp:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

rosebud's mom said:
Beaver Tail ??? :veryconfu

A copycat recipe...

Beaver Tails

1 pkg frozen bread dough, thawed
oil or crisco for frying
Toppings: cinnamon/sugar, powdered sugar, honey, jam, chocolate syrup, etc.

Break off fistfulls of dough and shape into elongated slabs, the shape of your hand. Heat oil or crisco in a large, heavy fry pan. Drop dough, one or two at a time, into the hot oil and fry until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with your choice of topping.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Technically it's from Ghirardhelli's, but I always get myself a chocolate milkshake from there in DTD.

Besides that, you can't go wrong with the Mickey Premium Bars :slurp:. Also, I love the crepes from the kiosk they have in the France pavilion. I tried the strawberry crepes and they were great. It reminded me of when I used to make them when I was in the French club in middle school :slurp:. I think I may have to buy myself some when I go back in a few weeks :D.

Upvote 0

Joevn

My must have is Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar. :slurp:

ice1.jpg

Upvote 0

MissM

Dole Whip Float from Aloha Isle in Adventureland. Yum.

*whimpers and drools*
(cruel world, it's been months since I've had one)
-m

ps: Also, the mickey head bundt cakes from Main Street bakery are excellent. As are the mickey head chocolate-dipped rice crispy treats. Oh, and the chocolate raspberry desert thingy from Cinderella's Royal Table was positively sinful.

Upvote 0

IlovyensiD

Strawberry Shortcake at the Land Pavilion Food Court. No more shortcake I guess :cry:

Also, the French pastry shop - anything there, especially Napoleons :slurp:

Upvote 0

Disneygrl36

Gotta have a Mickey premium bar...or should I say several.......
What is school bread? I have seen you mention it several times Barnum & I wondered what it is.
Getting geared up to try lots of yummy things in 9 days!!!!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom