Whats your least Favorite Show or Ride at Disney or Universal?

ElvisMickey

I guess I can't really say it's my least favorite because I still haven't watched it except for getting a quick glance on the Backstage Tour, but I want to say Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt shows, long action sequences in movies (for example, car chases) bore the hell out of me. And the fact that they tore down Residential Street for that P's me off. Forget the stunts...bring back the Golden Girls house...Lol...

Graham9

Captain Eo makes me want to go out and buy some pink legwarmers

Carosel of Progress makes me want to saw my own leg off, just to pass the time.

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
For a variety of reasons, but primarily these three:

1. It replaced a classic, which was infinitely better (imo) and appealed to all ages 4 to 75.

2. Like the Magic Carpets, it's exterior destroys the themeing for the entire area. It's architecture doesn't fit. They took a beautifully designed building that was made to support the entire Future World visual concept (for lack of a better phrase "The 80s view of modern/futuristic") and replaced it with a abomination that completely clashes with the surrounding area, and

3. It's a "thrill" ride that isn't thrilling. You sit in a car, go through a factory, and the speed tops out at 60 mph. As has been stated in numerous threads, I exceed 60 mph (in my own car that I get to steer - how thrilling!) every day on my way to work; it's not that exciting. In fact, if I'm not going 75, I'm generally irritated and annoyed.

They took a jewel and replaced it with coal. It would be the equivalent of having a dozen roses in a vase, having someone say "eh, roses may not be as popular as they once were" and taking one out and replacing it with a dandelion. On it's own, it may be interesting to look at and fun, but it doesn't fit. And once you've experienced it once (one puff of air), it's not nearly as interesting again.

Which ride did they have before TT?> Can you describe?

Bonemachine

A good darkride, like how Horizons was next door. I'd assume it was about the history and possible future of transportation, especially automobiles. I believe it used the same ride system of Spaceship Earth but I'm not positive.

motioncars.jpg

World%20of%20Motion%20copy.jpg

EvilQueen-T

i hated playhouse disney. when i took my granddaughter in dec 09 she was turning 5 so she wasn't super tiny yet with the set up for the show you really just couldn't see anything not to mention sitting on the floor. worst execution of a show i've ever been to disney or otherwise.

DisneyparkFreak

MK: Tom Sawyer island and stitch
EP: Ellen (hands down)
DHS: lights motor action... Another huge waste of space
AK: planet watch or whatever it is called

Universal: Posidons fury

MerlinTheGoat

Magic Kingdom- Stitch (guess everyone agrees with this). Not a big fan of Laugh Floor or Magic Carpets, but i hate Stitch the worst.

Epcot- Journey Into (a severe lack of) Imagination. Only the current versions from 1999 and beyond. The original was actually one of my all time favorites and was truly worthy of its name. It was so imaginative, gorgeous, and awesomely designed. What a shame they felt the need to ruin it. Future World overall really got wrecked since i was little. I stopped going to Disney in 1997 when Epcot was still pretty cool, and when i finally returned for the first time since then this past year, i found it in shambles. World of Motion was gone, Horizons was gone, original Imagination was gone, even Innoventions was downscaled and suckified. What a farce. Sorry to those who like it, but it's a travesty. I do enjoy Test Track for sheer thrills, but it's a cheap way to be entertained. Epcot has lost a lot of the awesome well designed education aspects IMO. I don't mind UoE with Ellen that much, annoying though it may be.

MGM*ahem*Hollywood Studios- I'm going to be hated here, but the worst i've ridden here is Toy Story Midway Mania. I expected it to be a shooting gallery, but i didn't expect the way they did it. What i got was a truly awesome queue, but a mediocre ride. Just a bunch of video screens, very cheap. I don't understand why the line tends to be so long. I was lucky that we only had to wait about 5 minutes. Had we been in a 60 or 90 minute line like it usually is, i'd have been furious. Of course, i've never been to Narnia and some other stuff, so i can't speak for it.

Animal Kingdom- Dinoland carnival, all of it. It's hideous and tacky. I guess it's supposed to look cheap and carnivalish, but i hate it, concept AND execution. Cheap carnival attractions with no effort put into the design at all. The rest of the entire park is themed extremely well and generally fun (including the Dinosaur ride and even the other parts of Dinoland). Just the carnival and the rides there need to go IMO. If i had it my way, i'd gut the place and make a great kid-friendly dark ride with dinosaurs. It's a darn shame Disney doesn't own the rights to Land Before Time, that would be a great idea for a ride there. Animal Kingdom is fun, but there aren't enough rides (rides, not shows) for very small children. Nor my kiddy-ride-loving old mom who can't tolerate the speeds and jerks in Everest or Dinosaur.

I can't comment on Universal, never been. And i doubt i will. I'm not a huge coaster fan unless they're REALLY well themed.

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom - Stitch. Also while the Mad Tea Party has it's charm and I am glad it is there, I often skip that one. No need to risk an upset stomach.

Epcot - Innoventions, Mission Space. Sorry, but I hate the simulator rides, they make me dizzy.

DHS - Narnia

Animal Kingdom - Maybe one of the Dinoland attractions

Universal - Blues Brothers Show

Islands of Adventure - Pteranodon Flyers. Okay honestly, I have never been on it, but it makes me mad. That looks like a fun little ride, why in the world is it only for kids? Anyone?

The p flyers are only for KIDS i wanted to go on that in september im glad i didnt wait in a line and find out i couldnt go on it

Crockett

Banned
I've thought of a new drinking game. From the start of this thread, everytime the word Stitch comes up... :lookaroun

MGM*ahem*Hollywood Studios- I'm going to be hated here, but the worst i've ridden here is Toy Story Midway Mania. I expected it to be a shooting gallery, but i didn't expect the way they did it. What i got was a truly awesome queue, but a mediocre ride. Just a bunch of video screens, very cheap. I don't understand why the line tends to be so long. I was lucky that we only had to wait about 5 minutes. Had we been in a 60 or 90 minute line like it usually is, i'd have been furious. Of course, i've never been to Narnia and some other stuff, so i can't speak for it.
No hate here. I actually agree and miss the day of the audio animatronic. Seems like the majority of Disney's newer attractions (TSM, Laugh Floor, Turtle Talk...) have gone over to "video game" style technology. TSM felt for us like we had waited all that time to play a blown-up Nintendo Wii game. I miss the simple dark ride all themed-out with audio animatronic figures and story telling. Thankfully we have Mermaid coming soon at MK. :)

magiconmainstrt

I guess I can't really say it's my least favorite because I still haven't watched it except for getting a quick glance on the Backstage Tour, but I want to say Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt shows, long action sequences in movies (for example, car chases) bore the hell out of me. And the fact that they tore down Residential Street for that P's me off. Forget the stunts...bring back the Golden Girls house...Lol...

Golden Girls Residential-I wish too! When I watch the reruns, and see the house, I think to myself....I remember when.....:cry:

Chrononymous

I guess there are some things that are hated, that I can appreciate just for the cheese factor. (or for the nostalgia factor!)

That said...I think Lights Motors Action is a waste of time, and that Stitch is painful and obnoxious.

At Universal it's a toss up between Twister, and that that pointless Suess trolly in the sky thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom