Whats your least Favorite Show or Ride at Disney or Universal?

For me it is Stitch in MK. Actually, I am little surprised to only have seen it listed once so far...:)

I think the thing with Stitch is its been marketed wrong.
Alien Encounter was never aimed at young children and had more a teenager/adult appeal. By changing the ride to Stitch, it's lost its adult theming but they've still kept most of the same elements, ie plunging into complete darkness and the effects in the back of your seat. Yet very young kids queue to get on it, possibly not even knowing what to expect, hence the reason why it ends in hysterical crying and screaming and the emergency exits being thrown open to get them out of there.

As for my least favourite
WDW - Pirates of the Carribean & Its a Small World (I mean, how many boat rides do they need??? They all suck!!!)

Universal - T2 3D -get with the times!!!

I don't understand the attacks on Nemo. :veryconfu I love that show! Its so cute and so well done.

My least favorite has to be Stitch. Love Stitch, HATE that ride! Its just not good. The shoulder restraints are painful and that smell is horrible. Just bad; I don't know how Disney went so wrong.
I also hate the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Ironic that they are across the road from eachother. I am always afraid that they will shine that light on me when I"m in there....Thats just a personal thing.
I'm also not a fan of Lights, Motors, Action; seen it once and that's enough. I like the parts with action but all the filler in between kills me.

Becky

I love Ellen to!

Nemo show...Saw it once, wont see it again....

Dinasour (did once before, very shaky-sore neck---missed it the last trips-may do this year-)

If the Nemo show hid the puppetiers like the old LION KING show or "blacked" them out like the beginning of VOYAGE OF THE LITTLE MERMAID the show would be ok. Seeing the people holding the puppets ruins the show.

Dinasour=soar neck and back and the rest of the day ruined.

cheezbat

I must be a hateful person, because I have my hates in every park. :lol:

In the Magic Kingdom: Stitch's Great Escape
in Epcot: Universe of Energy
in Hollywood Studios: Sounds Dangerous
in Animal Kingdom: Camp Minnie Mickey (excluding the Lion King show)
in Universal Studios: A Day in the Park with Barney (shudders)
in Islands of Adventure: Eighth Voyage of Sindbad

Epcot is my fav

I would have to say overall Lights, Motors, Action. It is so boring and I would never go back again. It takes up so much space, they should stop showing it and build something that people would actually enjoy in that area.

imagineer boy

I have the usual dislikes such as Stitch, Sounds Dangerous, etc.

But recently I REALLY hated Grand Fiesta tour. I never liked El Rio, and I thought this was hardly an improvement. I don't want to ride on a boat just to watch some lame video screens. :brick: And IMO, the characters added nothing to the ride.

And I thought the Nemo ride at the Seas was very dull. Cool queue, but the video screens are LAME. I can do this at home, just turn on the TV and drift past it slowly. :lol:

I don't understand the attacks on Nemo. :veryconfu I love that show! Its so cute and so well done.

My least favorite has to be Stitch. Love Stitch, HATE that ride! Its just not good. The shoulder restraints are painful and that smell is horrible. Just bad; I don't know how Disney went so wrong.
I also hate the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Ironic that they are across the road from eachother. I am always afraid that they will shine that light on me when I"m in there....Thats just a personal thing.

Ooohhh I forgot about the Laugh Floor. I really didn't like that, was on edge the whole time hoping they didn't speak to me.
Can't agree with Nemo though, far too long and pretty boring.
If they condensed it down to run about the same length as Voyage of the Little Mermaid, it would be much better......possibly! :lookaroun

allgar

Interesting question, truth is there are few that I don't like, there are many that aren't really my speed, like Dumbo, Aladdin Carpets, Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter. It's not to say that they aren't good rides but my enjoyment of spinning rides is low. There is only one experience that really comes to mind that I really disliked and that would be the Block Party Bash parade (i've never tuned in to the HS Musical Stuff so I won't cast dispersion but i imagine it wouldn't be very enjoyable for me either).

With Universal, well I'm not really big on the simulator rides and the jostling that comes with them... and a lot of what Universal offers are simulators. Why is it that simulated rides are even harder on the body than regular rides?

rustysgirl

Magic Kingdom: Country Bear Jamboree
Epcot: Captain EO
Hollywood Studios: Sounds Dangerous
Animal Kingdom: i'm gonna say Dinosaur. i was gonna say Everest...i love the theme & everything, its just that it was a little rough for my taste, it made my head hurt, & i didn't like the backwards part that made my stomach do a flip haha which makes me sad cuz otherwise i really do like the ride. haha so i'll just say Dinosaur.

also Universal: the Disaster ride. we waited in line forever for it, & it was a huge let down. also Twister is lame, but i like the movie & tornadoes are scary :lookaroun but fascinating. so i'm keeping my vote for Disaster. i got more enjoyment from Catastrophe Canyon on the Backlot Tour than that attraction.

allgar

I can only think of one in each park :shrug:

Universal Studios - Shrek 4D (bouncing chairs - much more aggressive than the 4D stuff at Disney, subtlety is lost on this ride), Jimmy Neutron, Simpsons
Islands of Adventure - Spidey, Forbidden Journey

Perhaps my interpretation of a simulator is more broad than some to count Shrek and I know a couple of these are advanced simulators but simulators nonetheless.

At Disney I can only think of Star Tours and Mission Space as simulators across all four parks. Perhaps Soarin' if you want to get technical, but it's a very "easy" ride.

Walt Disney1955

Magic Kingdom - Stitch. Also while the Mad Tea Party has it's charm and I am glad it is there, I often skip that one. No need to risk an upset stomach.

Epcot - Innoventions, Mission Space. Sorry, but I hate the simulator rides, they make me dizzy.

DHS - Narnia

Animal Kingdom - Maybe one of the Dinoland attractions

Universal - Blues Brothers Show

Islands of Adventure - Pteranodon Flyers. Okay honestly, I have never been on it, but it makes me mad. That looks like a fun little ride, why in the world is it only for kids? Anyone?

MansionGoer13z

Are we going favorites or least favorites? Anyway I'll give both

Favorites

MK: Tie between Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain

Epcot: Gotta like Test Track and The World Pavillions

AK: I like the Kilomajaro Safari, I think it overtook EE on my last visit due to Disco Yeti. (Shame on them! :mad:)

DHS: Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania

Universal and UIoA: The Mummy Ride and Spider Man and the Hulk (Have not been on Potter yet.)
Unfavorables

MK: Stich's "Weak" Escape

Epcot: That Nemo ride through on Seas. Ellen Energy Ride as well time for an upgrade from Ellen to a Bill Nye Exclusive if anything.

DHS: Old Star Tours and The Great Movie Ride (Last time was the final straw with that ride until its changed or something else.

AK: About 75% of the Dinoland USA. That excludes the Dinosaur Ride. Oh and Its Tough Being a Bug. 3D and 4D are over hyped.

Universal and UIoA: The Popeye ride that is like the Kali River Rapids. (Being drenching wet, Is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Krack

Test track?? why is this your least favorite ride?

For a variety of reasons, but primarily these three:

1. It replaced a classic, which was infinitely better (imo) and appealed to all ages 4 to 75.

2. Like the Magic Carpets, it's exterior destroys the themeing for the entire area. It's architecture doesn't fit. They took a beautifully designed building that was made to support the entire Future World visual concept (for lack of a better phrase "The 80s view of modern/futuristic") and replaced it with a abomination that completely clashes with the surrounding area, and

3. It's a "thrill" ride that isn't thrilling. You sit in a car, go through a factory, and the speed tops out at 60 mph. As has been stated in numerous threads, I exceed 60 mph (in my own car that I get to steer - how thrilling!) every day on my way to work; it's not that exciting. In fact, if I'm not going 75, I'm generally irritated and annoyed.

They took a jewel and replaced it with coal. It would be the equivalent of having a dozen roses in a vase, having someone say "eh, roses may not be as popular as they once were" and taking one out and replacing it with a dandelion. On it's own, it may be interesting to look at and fun, but it doesn't fit. And once you've experienced it once (one puff of air), it's not nearly as interesting again.

Bonemachine

^ I agree with all of that but I don't think I dislike it as much as you do, partially because I never got to ride WOM.

Replacing a classic is why Pooh is towards the bottom of my list. Mr. Toad has always been by far my favorite ride in Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom