Whats your favourite thing about Wilderness Lodge

Chirs

Hi all,

I have just booked up to stay at Wilderness Lodge in May 09 and really looking forward to it.

For those that have experienced it whats your favourite things about the resort?

Have a Great Christmas everyone!

Chris

krueg66

I love being able to take the boats to MK, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary. If you take the boats to Contemporary, you can jump on the Monorail to Epcot if you aren't pressed for time. Also the way the resort looks at night is really cool...just walking around and watching the electric water pageant from the beach is fun!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Sitting by the fireplace in the lobby.
Having breakfast at Whispering Canyon.
Sitting in one of the chairs by the indoor brook, taking in the smell from Artist Point.
Renting a boat and zipping along Seven Seas Lagoon.
Taking boat to Magic Kingdom.
Watching Electrical Water Pageant from dock.

Upvote 0

sandheichert

Hi all,

I have just booked up to stay at Wilderness Lodge in May 09 and really looking forward to it.

For those that have experienced it whats your favourite things about the resort?

Have a Great Christmas everyone!

Chris

Whats not to Love. We just got back from our first trip to WDW and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights. We will never stay anywhere else. Yes the pool isn't the biggest, yes roaring fork could have a bigger selection and bigger seating area) but Everything is just amazing at the hotel. Just hopping on the boats to MK, Cont. or Ft. Wilderness. From the $4 cab ride to Poly. All the quiet fireplaces. You will love it.

Upvote 0

coltow

EVERYTHING! There's something about it that is quite magical. Every time I enter it I stop and take a deep breath and it's like I'm transported to another place. After a long day at the parks it's so peaceful to return here. We never had a problem with transportaion here either. The restaurants are good and the pool is nice. The rooms are spacious and each has a balcony.

Upvote 0

Chirs

Original Poster
Hey,
Thanks for all your replies, its been great hearing all your fav things. Merry Christmas everyone - hope you all have a great time.
Chris

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We were at WL last May and it was great! It was the most relaxing time we have had while at WDW. I enjoyed walking around the lobby and looking at everything, and sitting at the pool bar and having a beer in the afternoon, while my kids were doing the hoola hoop contest. Its also nice to get up in the morning make some coffee and sit out on the deck.

Upvote 0

Pongo

I just really enjoy the general atmosphere of the Wilderness Lodge. The feeling you get walking into the lobby. The smells and the warmth. It's one-of-a-kind.

I also like the spring in the lobby. I think it's a really cool touch. The theming and scenery is beautiful.

It's like being in Yellowstone park, without the risk of being eaten by bears or Bisons :lookaroun

Bison are herbivores... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

dvcmooch

My Goodness ! There are so many things I like about our trips to the Wilderness Lodge. Theme-ing, atmosphere, the Lobby. The Lobby is great for people watching. All the first-timers drop their jaws as they enter for the first time. Restaurants are so different, but great. Late in the evening, we like to go to the Territorial Lounge for a raspberry smoothie !
While there, you need to meet and visit with Ranger Stan. He's very cool. I believe he will be retiring soon, so, he may not be there every day.
Have Fun !

Upvote 0

sandheichert

My Goodness ! There are so many things I like about our trips to the Wilderness Lodge. Theme-ing, atmosphere, the Lobby. The Lobby is great for people watching. All the first-timers drop their jaws as they enter for the first time. Restaurants are so different, but great. Late in the evening, we like to go to the Territorial Lounge for a raspberry smoothie !
While there, you need to meet and visit with Ranger Stan. He's very cool. I believe he will be retiring soon, so, he may not be there every day.
Have Fun !

Just got back and met with Ranger Stan. He said most likely he is leaving in June next year.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

I like the music playing in the lobby as you walk in. It really feels like you are in Yellowstone. Our family really loved everything about Wilderness Lodge, especially Ranger Stan. It will be sad to see him go.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

oh Love this thread , we'll be going there in 3 weeks just hubby and I (our xmas gift to one another! First time staying at WL...So we can hardly wait!!

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

Never stayed there but we've eaten at both Whispering Canyon & Artist Point. Artist Point is the hands down winner! And this trip (just got back :cry:), we took the boat ride to/from Magic Kingdom. It was a lovely scenic little ride and they were running at least 2 boats so waiting wasn't too bad either.

Oh, and the lobby is very nice also. The longer you sit and look around the more things you'll discover. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom